Lets be honest if elvis was still alive will mj alum thriller wouldve been that huge!

Options
siqnih da rapper
siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
I love mj but thats a good question because they treated elvis like a ? for real no lie idk tell me what yall think????!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Spell check... it ain't that hard... if you want your thread taken seriously

And to answer your question... Elvis would probably had been an obese, drug addict has-been by the time thriller dropped ('82)...

He'd also be mad Mike smashed his 'princess'...
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

And to answer your question... Elvis would probably had been an obese, drug addict has-been by the time thriller dropped ('82)...

i feel u on that but im talkin bout his presence on earth u feel me he died in 77 and off the wall came out in 79 and that was a smash im young but i know a lil bit about it tho i think MJ the greatest imo im just saying i wonder if he was still alive how it wouldve been cuz soon as he died mj became the man lets be real now but what i think i think he still wouldve then huge numbers simply because he came with a lot of originality and swag and diferent things he was one of a kind really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i feel u on that but im talkin bout his presence on earth u feel me he died in 77 and off the wall came out in 79 and that was a smash im young but i know a lil bit about it tho i think MJ the greatest imo im just saying i wonder if he was still alive how it wouldve been cuz soon as he died mj became the man lets be real now but what i think i think he still wouldve then huge numbers simply because he came with a lot of originality and swag and diferent things he was one of a kind really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't have done ? all...

Mike was the BIGGEST recording artiste of the '80's... he OWNED the '80's

Elvis woulda been nodding his head to Off The Wall...
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well, Elvis Presely or anybody else, they never got in the way of MJ reaching the untouchable status. The way he became who he was/is, nothing coulda stopped that. And don't forget, he had already been a global superstar way before Thriller.

The underlined part...are you talkin bout MJ or Elvis?? If it's Elvis, then I strongly disagree.
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    inia wrote: »
    Well, Elvis Presely or anybody else, they never got in the way of MJ reaching the untouchable status. The way he became who he was/is, nothing coulda stopped that. And don't forget, he had already been a global superstar way before Thriller.

The underlined part...are you talkin bout MJ or Elvis?? If it's Elvis, then I strongly disagree.

YEP I KNO THAT HE WAS A BEAST WITH THE AFRO BUT I THINK SOON AS HE LEFT HIS BROTHERS HE WITH WORLDWIDE BIG TIME YEP HE OWNED THE 80s NOBODY WILL EVER REPLACE HIM THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It wouldn't have done ? all...

Mike was the BIGGEST recording artiste of the '80's... he OWNED the '80's

Elvis woulda been nodding his head to Off The Wall...

OK IM JUST CHECKING CUZ IM A YOUNG BUCK AND IM TRYING TO SEE U KNO JUST BEING CURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP HE OWNED THE 80s one more thing who knocked thriller off on the 37 week at number one?????? holla back if u kno
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    why this ? so excited?
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ima just quote after u casue ur the first post i seen in here that kinda sparked my opinion i wasnt even sure what to say u know how white ppl get when they have something reat they wanna realy run wit it they prob would have been tryna push elvis a lil harder however we know that wehn a black person has true talant mayne thats like sunsihine that just cant be dousted,,,they prob would have been more contraverial to miks skin disease and he dealing wit it and yep elvis would have not known what to do amongst all this he prob would have been like a confused tupac but start to goo all off on the drugs then eventual fade away

• anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love mj but thats a good question because they treated elvis like a ? for real no lie idk tell me what yall think????!!!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson's Thriller Album was pushed over the top by his music video for the song Thriller. When it came out the video was played every hour on the hour on MTV. If Elvis was alive during that time I doubt the kids in the '80's would have wanted to see Elvis on MTV. The Thriller video basically started a new Era in music just like youtube have in the last decade. Michael Jackson paid for the Thriller video out of his own pocket because his record company thought the price tag was too high. And the way he paid for it was by making a behind the scenes Making of Thriller video that would be sold directly to home video stores like Blockbuster. So if Michael didn't took the initiative and made the video the album would not have been so huge.

I would bet that if Elvis was alive during that time he would have visited MJ on the Thriller video set just like Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, Jackie Kennedy and other huge stars did. He was friendly with alot of movie stars. As a kid Michael went backstage during an Elvis concert and met Lisa Marie for the first time. They kept in contact over the years and the rest was HIStory.
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What? Thriller wouldn't have been what it is today if Elvis were alive? How exactly did Elvis being dead benefit Mike? I don't see the correlation unless Elvis would have stolen his material and ideas. Was dude making Off the Wall type music?
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2010
    Options
    super lex wrote: »
    what? Thriller wouldn't have been what it is today if elvis were alive? How exactly did elvis being dead benefit mike? I don't see the correlation unless elvis would have stolen his material and ideas. Was dude making off the wall type music?

im not really into elvis like that im just going by the world eyes how they treated him u feel me
  • siqnih da rapper
    edited August 2010
    Options
    by 77 elvis was a washed up vegas act

he couldnt stop thriller even if he tried

lololololololol h