Why some of you southern niccas always tryna appease east coast niccas?

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    have you ever listened to lil boosie?
    i'm curious to know what kinda rapper you think he is

I actually have, heard a bunch of his songs and he definelty is a ignorant mf too, even saw his ? videos of him making it rain in the middle of the street and swimming in the money. Like i said, country bumpkin ? . This aint a south vs a east ? , it's dopeness vs wackness. Look a Jay Electronica, from the same city as Boosie but you would never guess.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    To prove a point that there is a difference between actual dope ? and ? you like you like personally. Hip hop fans need to start separating the two, and this is something that has ? up hip hop.

No it aint no difference, some ? you think is "actually dope" might be wack as ? to another ? , how do you not get that?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    see this that east coast ? i'm talkin bout
    who are you, ? ?
    who are you to tell somebody that what they like ain't dope?
    you upset that hoe ain't use no multis? no double entendres?
    ? flow wasn't on point enough for you?
    if a ? like it they like it
    like i said
    ain't no criteria for this ?

If a song is wack it is ? wack, it doesn't mean I'm telling anybody that they shouldn't like the record. What a person likes tells a lot about them too.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ALL the "country ? "?
    every country ? is just rapping?
    whatever, ?
    you hardly ever see a east ? talkin bout
    "i'm from philly but i grew up on 8ball and mjg"
    cuz they know they didn't
    i just wanna know what these southern ? ' reasoning is behind trying to please them ?
    like a ? ashamed or some ?

but that could just be net thing i'm from Dc and i grew up on scarface and so did the majority of my friends my age. most of my friends would tell you the same
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Puffy been King Koon since 1994 dancing in videos, shuckin and jivin anywhere the spotlight at
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No it aint no difference, some ? you think is "actually dope" might be wack as ? to another ? , how do you not get that?

I like Looking Boy you remember that song dont you? That song was garbage as ? but for some reason I liked it a lot. So it was dope to me but I know that the song was wack. Now do you understand that?
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Puffy been King Koon since 1994 dancing in videos, shuckin and jivin anywhere the spotlight at

and Jermaine Dupri followed right behind him, biting Puff, Dre, and Snoop.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I actually have, heard a bunch of his songs and he definelty is a ignorant mf too, even saw his ? videos of him making it rain in the middle of the street and swimming in the money. Like i said, country bumpkin ? . This aint a south vs a east ? , it's dopeness vs wackness. Look a Jay Electronica, from the same city as Boosie but you would never guess.

that ignorant ? ain't all he do tho
    but i ain't tryna sway you or nothin
    i'm just wondering why that gotta be country bumpkin ? tho?
    why that can't just be ignorant ? ? ?
    and you would never guess jay electronica was from baton rouge cuz he left
    ? probably ain't been there in years
    ? lives in ny
    ? had to leave to get himself a name
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    but that could just be net thing i'm from Dc and i grew up on scarface and so did the majority of my friends my age. most of my friends would tell you the same

You aint the only one, out West we grew up on Scarface.

Its disgusting how these people keep trying to divide us on this forum when the industry is as united as its ever been.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    and Jermaine Dupri followed right behind him, biting Puff, Dre, and Snoop.

Jay Z is a ? also. Hula dancing and wearing hawaiian skirts. smh@ them minstrel show sized lips on the camel
  • brombonze
    brombonze Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To prove a point that there is a difference between actual dope ? and ? you like you like personally. Hip hop fans need to start separating the two, and this is something that has ? up hip hop.

^^^^^^^^^
    I believe thinking like this is what's got hip hop ? up now
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lets look who is at the forefront of eastcoast and southern rap right now, by forefront i mean who is selling or in the spotlight.See what i'm talking about, the south don't push their best mcs towards the front.

Eastcoast

Nas
    Jay
    Jada
    Fab

South

Jeezy
    Ross
    Gucci
    Boosie
    Young Money
    Wayne
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I agree 100%.
    And if I do smash ugly chicks, I'm not gonna front like they dimes. Cats try hard to move the bar down towards their mediocrity.

Exactly, people that put actual brain-power and effort into their craft get insulted when some ? takes 5mins to writes a nursery rhyme
    and then acts like he's Hemmingway or the next JayZ.

People with refined taste know the difference between poetry and pathetic.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lets look who is at the forefront of eastcoast and southern rap right now, by forefront i mean who is selling or in the spotlight.See what i'm talking about, the south don't push their best mcs towards the front.

Eastcoast

Nas
    Jay
    Jada
    Fab

South

Jeezy
    Ross
    Gucci
    Boosie
    Young Money
    Wayne

so?
    ? that got to do with anything?
    that ain't what the thread is about
    the thread is asking why these ashamed ass ? always wanna put some ol east coast appeasing ass ? on to their claims of being from the south
    i'm from the south
    period
    i don't have to tell you that stillmatic is 1 of my favorite albums
    i don't have to tell you that i purchased every jay album out the store
    and i shouldn't have to
    its as if any ? that screams he's a southerner is automatically a waka flocka flame fan in a east coast ? eyes
    so, for that, ? yall
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    brombonze wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^
    I believe thinking like this is what's got hip hop ? up now

No accepting anything is what ? up hip hop. If the fans demanded a certain level of talent from their artist hip hop wouldn't be where it is now. Accepting garbage records and using the excuse of it's dope because I like it is what is ? up hip hop. The fans need to start taking ? for what it is.
  • Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If i say I'm from the south but like so & so (east/mid-west emcee here), it aint to appease no one, it's to let a person kno not to judge me from my region based on stereotypes, cuz people are judgemental, period. The first thing i don't want to happen when introducing myself is getting shut down cuz of where I'm from. but the people judging are just as bad, no worse, cuz that's ignorant ? .
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Exactly, people that put actual brain-power and effort into their craft get insulted when some ? takes 5mins to writes a nursery rhyme
    and then acts like he's Hemmingway or the next JayZ.

People with refined taste know the difference between poetry and pathetic.

But if THEY think the ? is dope who are you to them its wack? H Rap. Huh?
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    You aint the only one, out West we grew up on Scarface.

Its disgusting how these people keep trying to divide us on this forum when the industry is as united as its ever been.

you hit joe folks on the divide thing and some cats haven't even experienced life outside of where they live. if you come to DC at least folks around my age that are actually from DC(i'm 29) 7 out of 10 ppl will tell you that scarface is the greatest of all time ? lived and died by anything from rap a lot My cousins up in Baltimore might have been the biggest no limit fans ever and most of my friends were at the store buying every single no limit release. UGK has a huge following out here as well. folks can't buy what tv radio and a lot of these media outlets who are getting paid off the east coast cats think southern ? are dumb ? . now i will admit there are folks like that who are just that arrogant. folks in DC show more love to southern artist than to Dc artists.
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2010
    Options

Eastcoast

Nas
    Jay
    Jada
    Fab

South

Jeezy
    Ross
    Gucci
    Boosie
    Young Money
    Wayne

Now this is what i never understood about southern ? i was bumping the hell outta UGK Scarface Devin Ball and G Outkast pretty much all the time The south really gets blown up and get that exposure and all the legends that paved the way were after thoughts. Like I thought these groups were really gonna get more fame than they already should have gotten. They get shown respect and love but it it wasn't drop your ass girl or buy come ? rap it didn't get play. Even lil wayne folks act as if he didn't even really exist before The Carter.
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    backinwhite stay sonnin ? in the reason

but real talk i used 2 b on that the south is garbage ?

but thats hater ? man, them ? makin wat ppl like so either get money wit em or stop cryin cuz ? said the south aint goin nowhere
  • brombonze
    brombonze Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No accepting anything is what ? up hip hop. If the fans demanded a certain level of talent from their artist hip hop wouldn't be where it is now. Accepting garbage records and using the excuse of it's dope because I like it is what is ? up hip hop. The fans need to start taking ? for what it is.

how can you in the same post, say fans should demand a certain level of talent, and take ? for what it is? the last thing hip hop needs is regulation, this ? is about the people not reaching a certatain standard. you can't have dope without wack, and it's really sheep like to all agree
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bank$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>majority of the south. I'm from South Florida.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Now this is what i never understood about southern ? i was bumping the hell outta UGK Scarface Devin Ball and G Outkast pretty much all the time The south really gets blown up and get that exposure and all the legends that paved the way were after thoughts. Like I thought these groups were really gonna get more fame than they already should have gotten. They get shown respect and love but it it wasn't drop your ass girl or buy come ? rap it didn't get play. Even lil wayne folks act as if he didn't even really exist before The Carter.

Exactly, i always bring this ? up. I don't think mfs hate on the south, they hate on the wack ? from the south, and a part of the problem is the dope ? are always cosigning alot of the ? too (Bun B). As for Lil Wayne, most of his fans are fake, they never listen to him pre Carter and don't know where he got his current style from (Jay-z and Dipset). Rap fans have no sense of history.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    DAYUM 52 pages in less than an hour. This has to be some type of record on here.

Getwitcha
  • 5th Letter
    edited August 2010
    Options
    brombonze wrote: »
    how can you in the same post, say fans should demand a certain level of talent, and take ? for what it is? the last thing hip hop needs is regulation, this ? is about the people not reaching a certatain standard. you can't have dope without wack, and it's really sheep like to all agree

This is what I mean by taking it for what it is.When songs like Wipe Me Down drop the fans should take it as nothing more than novelty and to not make it seem like the record is more than what it is. back in the day songs like Cant Touch This and Ice Ice baby dropped and were not taken serious, folks back then may have danced to the record but they would not call those records "dope", now in 2010 some ? gets pushed and if anybody says the ? is wack they ready to come at your neck.

And yes there was a time when hip hop had a certain standard but not anymore.