So the Bengals just gave Antonio Bryant 8 mil for nothing! lmfao

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
The Cincinnati Bengals released receiver Antonio Bryant, the team announced Sunday.
Walker: Strange From Start

Walker The Bengals have done some odd things over the years, but signing Antonio Bryant in March and releasing him before the regular season is near the top of the list, writes ESPN.com's James Walker. Blog

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Bryant was a major disappointment after signing a four-year, $28 million contract this offseason with just under $8 million guaranteed. Bryant and Terrell Owens worked out for the Bengals in March. Cincinnati chose Bryant, who was coming off an injury-marred season. He had surgery to repair cartilage damage in his left knee last year, and caught only 39 passes for Tampa Bay. He struggled in minicamp and training camp and didn't play a game in a Bengals uniform.

The writing was on the wall for Bryant once Cincinnati signed Owens to a one-year deal at the start of camp to replace Bryant in the starting lineup.

Owens quickly developed into the Bengals' top receiver in preseason. Bryant missed all four preseason games because of the knee problem. Bryant said the muscles around the knee weren't strong enough to let him cut at full speed.

Also on Sunday, the Bengals put safety Gibril Wilson on injured reserve with damaged ligaments in his left knee and waived rookie long snapper Mike Windt.

Way to blow 8 mil for nothing, when you could of gotten TO all along, and you knew he was better than Bryant.

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    damn...that is a 2 way L...
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That makes 2 receivers the bengals paid to got nothing out of. But at least Bryamt is alive
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    That makes 2 receivers the bengals paid to got nothing out of. But at least Bryamt is alive

cheap seat posting at its finest.

And, Bryant and Albert Haynesworth should hang out.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Damn that is cold as ?

34q8zyc.gif
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This makes me Wonder, did they even work this dude out before they signed him?? (nh) ..... like before you sign a previous injured player you bring him in for workouts and see how things look, sounds like they just sent him to the team doctor dude said "Oh he'll be ight" and signed him...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I read that earlier at least he got 8 million.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This makes me Wonder, did they even work this dude out before they signed him?? (nh) ..... like before you sign a previous injured player you bring him in for workouts and see how things look, sounds like they just sent him to the team doctor dude said "Oh he'll be ight" and signed him...

I would think they did, I doubt any team is dumb enough to sign somebody with knee problems without working them out at least.

IMO they knew TO, Chad, and Bryant couldn't coexist so they dropped him. Johnson seems like he would be fine with it, but TO being the second option now and Bryant with his selfish ass would be to much problems.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    something is up bc he passed the physical and participated the first day of practice

either way, im glad he's gone. we admitted the L and now we dont have to waste a roster spot waiting for him to get healthy