The best album of 2009

Options

Comments

• Racafla6
    Racafla6 Members Posts: 19
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cuban Linx 2 the best album of 09 deeper in the rap had nice beats but thats it to many love songs
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's not that nice. I'd take a DTR instrumental album all day cause that's the best thing about his album.

Rick Ross has fantastic Word Play, Flow, Beat selection & diversity he can make Song's about Trapping, Song's for the females, Song's for the Club's
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Rick Ross has fantastic Word Play, Flow, Beat selection & diversity he can make Song's about Trapping, Song's for the females, Song's for the Club's
    Fantastic word play? Nothing about his flow impresses me, he's just another stereotypical down south rapper. No lyricism at all, not like say Ludacris or even T.I. for that matter.
  • northtoledoboi
    northtoledoboi Members Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man Rick Ross go hard. He be spitting and yall saying he not lyrical? Luda & T.I. been doing it longer, they great as well. But Rick Ross making a name for himself to be in the dicussion for best album of '09.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Fantastic word play? Nothing about his flow impresses me, he's just another stereotypical down south rapper. No lyricism at all, not like say Ludacris or even T.I. for that matter.

Ludacris & T.I. are far more superior then Rick Ross in every category of Song Writing, MCing, Rapping, Lyrcism & Flow but i give prop's to the Bauce for his strength's and for making good Music the fact is Rick Ross Writes and makes nice Music it may always be in his lane as far as topics it's Trapping, club records & some records for the ladies but Rick does that good

But i think Eminem & Nas are also far more superior then Jay Z in every category of Song Writing, MCing, Rapping, Lyrcism, Flow and catalouges
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And how can you say Rick Ross is a stereotypical ? South Rapper?

You trying to make it seem like the Southside has no Lyricists when the fact is some of the greatest Lyricists & MC's ever come from the South and always have like

Andre 3000
    ZRO
    T.I.
    Ludacris
    Scarface
    ? C
  • flushill401
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's cool, I respect your opinion. I just don't care for him.
  • flushill401
    edited January 2010
    Options

You trying to make it seem like the Southside has no Lyricists when the fact is some of the greatest Lyricists & MC's ever come from the South and always have like

Andre 3000
    ZRO
    T.I.
    Ludacris
    Scarface

? C
    There are only a few down south rappers that I consider lyrical, and he's not one of them.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's cool, I respect your opinion. I just don't care for him.

That's cool as long as it's for Musical reasons and not the reason most Rick Ross haters say which is basically cos he was a Corrections Officer and lied about it

But i think there is a lotta hypocritical people on the IC like i can't be allowed to say i don't like Jay Z's Music but no one will hate on people for saying they dislike Rick Ross Musically

Jamaica was gonna close my topic cos i said Jeezy has a far better catalouge then Jay Z

I mean c'mon Jay Z is not ? he's just a regular Rapper
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No love for the Mos Def joint ?
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    No love for the Mos Def joint ?

I like Mos Def he is talented but i feel he can come across as a Back Packer and to me that style is out dated and one dimensional

If you gonna be conscious do that all day but do it like 2pac did
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dooms Day wrote: »
    Before I Self Destruct
    Last Kiss
    Loso Way
    OBFCL2
    Relapse

C/S.............
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

Andre 3000
    ZRO
    T.I.
    Ludacris
    Scarface
    ? C

get outta here with that boosh*t.
  • TheTurtleMan730
    TheTurtleMan730 Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chemical Warfare is slept on.
  • NyceGutta
    NyceGutta Banned Users Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rick Ross isn't wack yo, he's had some dope albums but I don't consider him lyrical either.

But as far as '09 albums, what about that Slaughter House Joint & Joe Budden's Escape Route?
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Blackout 2
    Cuban Linx 2
    Slaughterhouse
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jim_jones_-_pray_iv_reign.jpg

Best album of 09..

Fucken ? here telling me Deeper Than Rap is good?

? outta here that ? is garbage, Jones owned a weak 09 class..

Easy.
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Eventhough it actually came out in Dec. of 08, I gotta say Scarface - Emeritus
    Z-Ro - ?
    Eminem - Relapse
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2
    Tech N9ne - K.O.D.
    Twista - Category F5
    Lil Wyte - The Bad Influence
    B.G. - Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood
    Yukmouth - The West Coast Don
    Brotha Lynch Hung - The Gas Station Mixtape
    Twiztid - W.I.C.K.E.D.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited January 2010
    Options
    NyceGutta wrote: »
    Rick Ross isn't wack yo, he's had some dope albums but I don't consider him lyrical either.

But as far as '09 albums, what about that Slaughter House Joint & Joe Budden's Escape Route?

Slaughterhose are wack

I would love it if Eminem signed a ZRO or a Rick Ross to Shady Records instead of getting wack dudes like Slaughterhouse & Joe Budden to think they can get on Shady Records lol
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mattee c wrote: »
    Eventhough it actually came out in Dec. of 08, I gotta say Scarface - Emeritus
    Z-Ro - ?
    Eminem - Relapse
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2
    Tech N9ne - K.O.D.
    Twista - Category F5
    Lil Wyte - The Bad Influence
    B.G. - Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood
    Yukmouth - The West Coast Don
    Brotha Lynch Hung - The Gas Station Mixtape
    Twiztid - W.I.C.K.E.D.

Go drink bleach boy..
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited January 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Go drink bleach boy..
    ???????????
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like Mos Def he is talented but i feel he can come across as a Back Packer and to me that style is out dated and one dimensional

If you gonna be conscious do that all day but do it like 2pac did

Dont get me wrong I understand what you mean. But I disagree when u say the style is out dated though. Lets take another genre like soul music. Marvin Gaye , Sam Cooke etc came out in the 60's and 70's. But there music is timeless and not out dated. A artist like Maxwell still makes great soul music today and its not out dated. Good music doesnt necessarily have a date stamp on it , I feel if the music is good its just good. Pac had so many other element other than just conscious music so u have to also take that into account
  • NyceGutta
    NyceGutta Banned Users Posts: 2
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Word iz bond, I respect everyones opinion yo, but I disagree, obviously Em sees sumthin in them. And Zro iz mad dope yo.

50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct (This jawn wuz mad underrated)
    Jadakiss - The Last Kiss (Although he my favorite rapper, Kiss wuz on some sucker ? as far as production overall, ain't really feel it like hiz other joints)
    Fabolous - Loso's Way (Son been consistent on every album he drops, hasn't had a wack album to me yet)
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. Raekwon -Only Built For Cuban Linx 2
    2. Drake -So Far Gone(The Mixtape)
    3. The Clipse - Til the Casket Drops
    4. Wiz Khalifa - Deal Or No Deal
    5. Fabolous - Loso's Way
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Deeper Than Rap=Loso's Way=The State vs Radric Davis>>>>>>>Crime Pays>>>>>>>>>Superbad>>>>>>>>>>>>>Category F5>>>>>>>>>>Too Hood 2 Be Hollywood>>>>>>>>>Cocky & Confident>>>>>>>>>>The Last Kiss>>>>>>>>>Flight 360>>>>>>>>Blackout 2

fixed......