R U truly a christian or hypocrite?

Options
124»

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, 76% of the people in this country see themselves as Christians... Its only natural that a good number will be hypocrites.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    or when ppl sit in church and gossip about other church members or after the service the people gather in thier own little cliques and gossip about the negative parts in the service or when new ppl come to the church..the other members... they just stare....smh the devil loves the altar i tell you that..

You had 3 abortions... Of course they will gossip about you.

anyways... I'm a Christian man. I do pretty good though. Gotta stop binge drinking though. It's my biggest vice.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    alotta folks in church gonna be in hell with me
  • McGeeAKey
    McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, 76% of the people in this country see themselves as Christians... Its only natural that a good number will be hypocrites.

well that's true,but they sinful acts all the time,just because you go to church doesnt mean youre saved or doing the right things
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    alotta folks in church gonna be in hell with me
    tht's even if ur in a hell, or there is a hell to begin with....nothings known for sure, just continue to work on improving yourself and maturing your self like you've already been doing.. control what you can
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    well that's true,but they sinful acts all the time,just because you go to church doesnt mean youre saved or doing the right things

first semi intelligent thing i read u type in a while
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why are yall surprised, just look how the Bible has been remixed throughout the years (Old testament to new testament). The whole reason for the new testaments is because the old testament was outdated, since when did ? rules become outdated. lol It just goes to show that the Bible as a whole is man made and man influence, and use as a tool to control society, the ? is outdated at this point now. Bible scriptures are essentially archaic laws.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    @ dusouljah

What convinced you that the bible was gods word?

my personal belief in divine intervention.. i believe there are too many things in this world tht are completely unexplainable for humans to actually be the authoirty on all that is known.. there absolutely has to be a higher power...

then i was like...if there was an higher power (which i believe there is)...what arethe chances that we in our limited intelligence as humans can even begin to understand or explain the way this power thinks...

i came to the conclusion if there was any chance that this higher power was even interested in us as humans, or wanted us to aknowledge it in any way, by now some sort of divine intervention woulda took place where things were presented to humans in a way our minds could begin to atleast try to grasp some of the things he wanted us to...

then i was like..duh....the bible maybe??

see i had taken a few courses here n there.. and i kinda felt like ghandi in that loo quote earlier...how he liked chritianity, but not christians...i had a lot of the same feelings... but when started yearning for some structure in my life, and got to the point where i wanted to introduce a little more spirituality for my own purposes...i found my way back in the church..this time with a more dedicated mindset than i had in my younger days...

and i find it much more helpful to me...

i'm still not 100% on anything being anything in the world....i think a lot of things are alwys going to be left to personal interpetation and mystery.. i don't feel all questins weere meant to be answered...

but i do feel the more i get into the word the happier i feel and the more i feel my spiritual being is growing and benefitting from it, so i look at it like...

i must be in ? 's favor, cuz i feel something good that i can't explain in any other words
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why are yall surprised, just look how the Bible has been remixed throughout the years (Old testament to new testament). The whole reason for the new testaments is because the old testament was outdated, since when did ? rules become outdated. lol It just goes to show that the Bible as a whole is man made and man influence, and use as a tool to control society, the ? is outdated at this point now. Bible scriptures are essentially archaic laws.

so what do you believe... personally???.
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DU been going to Church today...Trying to School'em
  • usmarin3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    so what do you believe... personally???.

Common sense, logic, and free will. Why do i need to believe in something to govern myself, i know what wrong and right is, why must people always need something and someone to follow.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Common sense, logic, and free will. Why do i need to believe in something to govern myself, i know what wrong and right is, why must people always need something and someone to follow.

people don't NEED anything but water food and shelter from the elements...

what people chose to introduce in and out of their lives is soley on that person...i'd never in my life try to guilt trip someone into believing anything, but i also would never believe myself that i know everything...

as arrogant, confident, and cocky as i am....i'm still humble enough to know that i don't have all the answer's..and i try not to waste time focusing on things i can't explain and dont understand,.....

i do my best at following my religion because i feel i can benefit from it, i feel like by doing this i am a better person, and if my life has a purpose, i'm doing better to serve that purpose by believing in something....that's just me..

what you believe is on you and how you feel, i'd never tell you you're wrong for that, cuz i don't know for sure...i'd just tell you...this makes more sense to me
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Weird! After reading the bible for myself and concluding that ? had nothing to do with it, I feel the same way.

everyone gets something different from it....and honestly i wouldn't be the least bit suprised if that was the way it was intended....

don't quote me, but i know it says something like wherever there are 2 or 3 in agreeance....i guess all it takes is 2 people with like views....so by all means... do what works for you
  • usmarin3
    edited September 2010
    Options

what people chose to introduce in and out of their lives is soley on that person...i'd never in my life try to guilt trip someone into believing anything, but i also would never believe myself that i know everything...

as arrogant, confident, and cocky as i am....i'm still humble enough to know that i don't have all the answer's..and i try not to waste time focusing on things i can't explain and dont understand,.....

i do my best at following my religion because i feel i can benefit from it, i feel like by doing this i am a better person, and if my life has a purpose, i'm doing better to serve that purpose by believing in something....that's just me..

what you believe is on you and how you feel, i'd never tell you you're wrong for that, cuz i don't know for sure...i'd just tell you...this makes more sense to me

Isn't that what the whole concept of religion is, A GUILT TRIP where the you end up in hell if you aren't submissive to the it.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    im being real...theres people out there who go to church every sunday man/woman

but guess what they do outside the church?sleep with everybody,thinking they aint doing anything wrong

women and ? gossiping about any and everybody they see or claim is their friends and family and smile in they face the same or next day

people dont even follow Gods laws they seem to overlook the truth

I hate when people go to church to only do the opposite of what ? says in the bible

and they wonder why it's hard for them to find a decent person in their lives

you cant do wrong and expect right to appear in your life

cmon i know people really aint this stupid to think what youre doing,youre getting away with it

lol you seem to have this belief that once someone becomes a christian, they stop sinning
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes, finally someone who thinks for themselves. Cosign....

so do you not think for yourself because you agreed with them?
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I hate when people be thanking ? all the time if something goes right like: "I have been approved for my apartment, thanks to the man upstairs" SMH Fake religious people are WOAT. I had people try to throw me under the bus because I dont go to church, but they only go on the holidays. Some people use religion as a crutch instead of a foundation. I never knock people for being religious, but when they act high and mighty I always find a fault and try to ether them.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

it seems like when some people who don't like religion come across somebody who isn't judgemental or fits into their preconceived notion of "up tight Christian" they try and bait them into behaving that way...some people just can't seem to accept that all people who believe in ? don't feel the need to force that on somebody else...
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Isn't that what the whole concept of religion is, A GUILT TRIP where the you end up in hell if you aren't submissive to the it.

naw not really...atleast that's not what i got out of it.....but if that's what u got out of it, i urge u to look deeper...u might see something u like forreal...
    blackrain wrote: »
    it seems like when some people who don't like religion come across somebody who isn't judgemental or fits into their preconceived notion of "up tight Christian" they try and bait them into behaving that way...some people just can't seem to accept that all people who believe in ? don't feel the need to force that on somebody else...

i feel you, but i understand where they coming from though, cuz there's a lotta ppl like that in the church.. i can't tell u how many issues we have going back n forth about how to adress some of the teens and yoth in the church, cuz i feel that approach ain't reaching no one at all...
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Drax, the problem with that line of thinking is the belief that when someone becomes a christian they cease to be a human, and can no longer be held to the same standards as regular people...and that's just unrealistic....it's not natural, and it's not how people are...no matter what their faith and religion standing is..unless that person was that way naturally no religion is going to make them a perfect beliver even if they're extremely dedicated to their reliion....the strongest follower on this planet whomever he may be has imperfections in his or her life, they have doubts in themselves, and they constantly gorw and pray every day....not because of any reason other than they are just human...

no change in someones personality is over night, and nothing is complete..as long as we're on this planet we're improving...

and i strongly agree with you, the people you see everyday that claim to be christians are more than likely at the very bottom of that developement....you're not going to see the sort of dedication that you seem to expect tosee from all christians...

i know for a fact that anyone who looks at me and see how much i curse, and drink, and all the other things i do are not going to see a perfect christian in me..

but ig u look hard enough u will see growth...it may not be major, but it is contant, and whenever i notice the growth in myself, i make a very strong effort to give thanks...i pray that one day i can be that perfect chrisitian, but i know it's going to take time, because the desire to still sin is there, and i currently lack the full dedication to completely absatin from sinnin...

it's not a cop-out to say those things....it's a reality of who i am and where i'm at in life...

i don't smoke cigarettes and weed no more.....and it's genuinly not in me to do that anymore...everynow n then i get an urge..but i can see ive changed from a person who used to do that every day...

i show a lot more patience in making life changing decisions....i used to just do things completely on a whim...and it's not because i don't have the urge to not want to jump at oppertunites anymore.. i just feel that it wouldserve my purposes better to strategize things more and abide my time...

i don't hang out in the streets as much....and as much as i like taking to my friends when i get the chance.... i jsut don't feel that's my place anymore

al in out it's a maturiy and a growth....and to me that's what being a chrisitan is partly about, growing and maturing....and remebereing where u came from

i cannot say i'm perfect, nor will i attempt to say i am perfect, but i feel i am better now than i was 2 years ago....

what you're asking for is too far of an extreme that's quite near impossible

This pretty much summed it up. Just cause we're christian's doesn't mean we should be evaluated on a higher plateau because that is where the problem lies. You judge the people that are followers over judging what it said. When 911 happened, everyone was quick to judge muslims for the corruption of one faction under that religion. Everyday, I have my own struggles with trying to find my identity in my religion and I can't judge anyone because I ain't ? , I'm a human being.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    I hate when people be thanking ? all the time if something goes right like: "I have been approved for my apartment, thanks to the man upstairs" SMH Fake religious people are WOAT. I had people try to throw me under the bus because I dont go to church, but they only go on the holidays. Some people use religion as a crutch instead of a foundation. I never knock people for being religious, but when they act high and mighty I always find a fault and try to ether them.

i'd like to see more athletes point to the sky when they strikeout or throw an interception.