Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Today is Rick Ross day on the Reason

Yep I prefer Ross day over Biggie hate day, or Nas lost day, or Jay Z hate day.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is hate. I post 3 legit things in this thread that are open for debate. But I bring up the Unit and now Gee has somethin to talk about. Learn how to speak and debate, I guess fat brothers must stick together.

sorry wigglez but im not fat so ya faceless azz is gonna have 2 come better then that thatz lame & play'd out!
    I don't believe he ever has actually. And Banks has a double plat album, and a gold single this time around. Did B.M.F go gold??

yeah lloyd pumper does have a platinum plaque cuz he was da white manz ? on da machine/interscope then da white slave master jimmy got tired of hearin lloyd pumper rappin wit a frog n his mouf so he drop'd him & now pumper is fuuk'd! lol@ ggggay-unit groupiez braggin about a gold single now smh fuuk a gold single! i wanna c how much his album is gonna sell i cant wait!
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Joe Budden outclasses Rick Ross in almost everything.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What exactly does Joe Budden talk about? Have you heard every Ross song to know that all he talks about is kingpin ? ? All that "line for line, meta for meta, multi for multi" dont mean ? if you cant make a good song, ask Canibus. And no, Joe Budden cant make a good song, especially of all you have to talk about is pump it up...

Getwitcha

Pump it up aint all I got but it smash every Ross joint I've heard. That beat alone is better than any beat i've heard Rick on. Joes flow is light years and I mean LIGHT YEARS ahead of ya boy Ross. That who killed hip hop joint is probably more creative than anything Ricky can dream of conjuring up. In the words of Prodigy on Keep it thoro " I give a ? what he sold his ? is trash" Maybe im wrong tho so please im beggin you !!!!!! post a Rick Ross joint that's suppose to be fire. Ill take Joes slaughter house verses over this ? whole albums ? .
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Pump it up aint all I got but it smash every Ross joint I've heard. That beat alone is better than any beat i've heard Rick on. Joes flow is light years and I mean LIGHT YEARS ahead of ya boy Ross. That who killed hip hop joint is probably more creative than anything Ricky can dream of conjuring up. In the words of Prodigy on Keep it thoro " I give a ? what he sold his ? is trash" Maybe im wrong tho so please im beggin you !!!!!! post a Rick Ross joint that's suppose to be fire. Ill take Joes slaughter house verses over this ? whole albums ? .

if joez flow was so great y is he a ? RAPPER & his rap career is goin NOWHERR???
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    black goons prefer budden over ross but the blackest goons prefer em over both of them....there are only black goons and em grew up with a lot of them on 8 mile...while black goons listen to budden and ross blacker goons love em's melodies
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    DatNiggaB1 wrote: »
    Buddens is in the realms of Papoose, Siagon and few others I could name, Ross is higher up the Hiphop tree.

DefJam tried with Budden along with other labels, but he cant catch a break.

Ross is still gettin DefJam love and and will probably release his 5th album under them.

CanIbus is a dope rapper but the masses don't give a ? , Budden is going down a similar road, it wasn't that long ago he was only releavent cause of Tahiry.

Ross on the other hand lied thru his teeth, then lied some more whilst releasing good music.

Lol at Ross being higher than Joey or Pap or Bis on the hiphop tree. FOH with that ? . Ross aint mentioned by nobody as nice.
    What exactly does Joe Budden talk about? Have you heard every Ross song to know that all he talks about is kingpin ? ? All that "line for line, meta for meta, multi for multi" dont mean ? if you cant make a good song, ask Canibus. And no, Joe Budden cant make a good song, especially of all you have to talk about is pump it up...

Getwitcha
    Joe Budden talked about(made a classic) who killed hiphop, problems in the world today and addressing ? for em, his own personal life and more. Ross is on that Kingpin Boss ? rap ? and stole his identity from a gov't snitch. And Yes Joe Buddens songs are much better than Rosses. See Pump it Up, Focus, other mainstream songs he was featured on, hos talk with ? or w/e it was called, Dear Diary, etc. And btw Bis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.infinte Ross in every category including song making.
    Joe Budden outclasses Rick Ross in almost everything.
    C/S
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricky Rozay brings out strong emotions in sensitive people.

1073535_o.gif

BOOM!!!!
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    But Joe Budden doesn't have an Album anywhere near close to Rick Ross catalouge

Rick Ross is the much better Song maker so he is a better Artist than Joe Budden

As much as I hate to agree with Geez, Ross catalouge is probabluy better than Joe Buddens.

Joe Buddens # 1 enemy is- Joe Buddens.
  • gamezpog
    gamezpog Members Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Today is Rick Ross day on the Reason

One of the biggest release.. u right. But it fails in comparison to the Album of the Year by Eminem. Drake also gets consideration.
  • EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    if joez flow was so great y is he a ? RAPPER & his rap career is goin NOWHERR???
    he's not speaking on what the majority of american retards like yourself want to hear..you and others like ross because you sit in your chair wit your ray-bans on sippin boones farm,inboxing shadyteam dreaming your a boss like him while listening to BMF..he is basically portraying a life you wish you had
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricky Rozay brings out strong emotions in sensitive people.

1073535_o.gif

BOOM!!!!
    thanks for the gif of an obese black man shaking his ?
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    BillDance wrote: »
    he's not speaking on what the majority of american retards like yourself want to hear..you and others like ross because you sit in your chair wit your ray-bans on sippin boones farm,inboxing shadyteam dreaming your a boss like him while listening to BMF..he is basically portraying a life you wish you had

gayfish redneck ? & gtfoh wit them damn lame XCUSEZ!
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Two dope artists, who both have their lane.

Joey's mood music series is some pure unadulterated hip hop.

Ross' music is on some triumphant ? , and makes you feel like a million bucks.

Joey for the bad times, Ross for the good.

Joey lyrically, but Ross brings everything else to the table.
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    This the problem when comparing Mainstream to Underground. People will pull out all types of numbers, figures, and public accolades of the mainstream artist while say the artist that CHOOSES to remain under the radar is going nowhere in his career. Ross had a machine and a number of cosigns pushing him from the beginning. Joe had that but CHOSE not to conform to the mainstream so he can have creative control over his music.

So we must ignore what we each define as "success" when it come to both of theses artists because both have achieved a different type in a different manner.

With that said, Rick Ross cannot execute a concept track like Joe Budden. 3 sides to a story, pray for me, In my sleep. <<< Ross can't make those records.
    But I do believe Joe Budden can dumb it down...get Lex Luger...and make a BMF. The hook was simple, Ross's bars were simple, making it not difficult to execute.

If Ross was underground, he wouldn't be able to do the things Budden has accomplished. We all know underground artists rely on their creativity and skill rather than good production and features. (See. Tech-9, Mos Def, Common Sense).

xcusez xcusez xcusez..gtfoh ross & budden had da same machine behind them joe want'd 2 b mainstream 2 but he couldnt do it thatz y hez runnin 2 da redneck feminem 2 get on shady now hopin da white boy can bring his wack azz group sum mo sellz cuz SH cant do it by they self lol..
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    xcusez xcusez xcusez..gtfoh ross & budden had da same machine behind them joe want'd 2 b mainstream 2 but he couldnt do it thatz y hez runnin 2 da redneck feminem 2 get on shady now hopin da white boy can bring his wack azz group sum mo sellz cuz SH cant do it by they self lol..

lol .
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ^^^ and the stupidity of this post proves nothing.

Try this. Listen to Budden's best song on acappella...versus Ross best song on acappella...

i dont care about that...all i know is u r makin XCUSEZ of y joey has fail'd wit his rap career!
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Budden is not a huge star but he is FAR from a "failure"
  • EmandWeezy=Goats
    EmandWeezy=Goats Members Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont care about that...all i know is u r makin XCUSEZ of y joey has fail'd wit his rap career!

Read a dictionary.
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Budden is a huge star but he is FAR from a "failure"

LOL@ HUGE STAR...yeah ok on da NET wit his INTERNET SOLDIERZ lol...
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL@ HUGE STAR...yeah ok on da NET wit his INTERNET SOLDIERZ lol...

*he is not a huge star*
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Whether it's on the net or radio...it gets to people. Still how has he failed?

smh r u really seriously askin that ? ??? gettin punch'd on camera & u dont do ? but get a ICE BAG is a FAILURE lol..
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    *he is not a huge star*

o i diddnt c that u went back & changed ya post after i quoted u...
  • gee757
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What does that have to do with the music? We are talking Ross vs Budden musically. I care not for the next ? 's personal life.

well thatz y alot of people dont like joez musik cuz hez a ? ! da net/buddentv ? 'd his career!