900 lb, 13-foot Alligtor (captured/killed)

Options

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Gustave, the Burundian crocodile, is six meters long and estimated at a ton. He's said to have consumed up to 300 people.

Where is this?
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Where is this?

Burundi (south of Rwanda), on the Ruzizi River on the northern tip of Lake Tanganyika. He's really big for a freshwater crocodile.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Skeratch wrote: »
    Burundi (south of Rwanda), on the Ruzizi River on the northern tip of Lake Tanganyika. He's really big for a freshwater crocodile.

That's massive. I guess it would be smart to stay away from that area.
  • Skeratch
    Skeratch Members Posts: 1,395 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That's massive. I guess it would be smart to stay away from that area.

Yeah, for sure. They made a movie based on him, didn't see it though. I think it was called Primeval.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Anderson Silva beats up white people for a living.

lmao!!

So does Rashad Evans, and he's straight outta my town... lol
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Anderson Silva beats up white people for a living.
    Anderson Silva beats up people of all races for a living. your point?
    Um no, man is not just another animal. Maybe physically we are... but mentally we have self awareness. Something no other animal on earth has.
    i'm not sure what we're using to confirm that no other animal has self-awareness. nature made man, so why do we presume that we're unnatural. here's the thing: if mankind pollutes the earth and kills itself off, the earth will still be here... there will still be life after man... so it goes.
    I know i'm wasting my time though because any type of reasoning goes in one ear and right out the other, but atleast I tried.
    so does this mean that at some point you're going to acknowledge calling people that eat pork stupid?
    You act like if a herbivorous animal ate meat it would drop dead or explode or something.... If you are trying to label something that is capable of eating meat an omnivore, then every single creature on earth is an omnivore to some degree.
    no, i'm trying to differentiate between animals that voluntarily eat meat (omnivores) and animals that don't (herbivores). you only want to accept man eating meat as either some completely unnecessary, voluntary act, or a straight-up act of desperation.
    I don't know what you were trying to say when you said it wasnt accurate to point out how eating pork would lead to cancer-
    i'm not sure what the confusion was; things like cancer are blamed on many things besides pork, so it wouldn't be fair to say pork is the cause alone, and people who eat pork don't get cancer while people who don't eat it do. it's not a radioactive metal.
    I don't know about actively, but I know they eat meat if it's there for the taking or if they fight a rival 'clan' of chimps they will eat the other chimps.
    chimpanzees in the wild have been seen to make tools (spears) for the express purpose of killing other animals to eat them. this is not just "for the taking."
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

i'm not sure what we're using to confirm that no other animal has self-awareness. nature made man, so why do we presume that we're unnatural. here's the thing: if mankind pollutes the earth and kills itself off, the earth will still be here... there will still be life after man... so it goes.

so does this mean that at some point you're going to acknowledge calling people that eat pork stupid?

no, i'm trying to differentiate between animals that voluntarily eat meat (omnivores) and animals that don't (herbivores). you only want to accept man eating meat as either some completely unnecessary, voluntary act, or a straight-up act of desperation.

i'm not sure what the confusion was; things like cancer are blamed on many things besides pork, so it wouldn't be fair to say pork is the cause alone, and people who eat pork don't get cancer while people who don't eat it do. it's not a radioactive metal.

chimpanzees in the wild have been seen to make tools (spears) for the express purpose of killing other animals to eat them. this is not just "for the taking."

Ok you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. lol

seinfeld.gif
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. lol

seinfeld.gif

Actually no he does.

People have been getting cancer for as long as we know. You can be a healthy vegan that doesn't smoke or drink and don't drink nothing outside of purified water and still end up with cancer.
    Eating terrible and using drugs and what not make it more likely, but people can get cancer no matter how they live. I remember watchin a show on the science channel about how everyone has cancerous cells embedded in them but it doesn't grow to effect most people.

And yes, chimpanzees as well as orangutans and apes have been known to create many tools like hammers, and weapons like spears..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/22/AR2007022201007.html

• hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

I was just trying to show you why I appreciate him being in your avatar.

White people used to feed Black babies to 900 lb. alligators

• hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    lmao!!

So does Rashad Evans, and he's straight outta my town... lol

Id like to see him beat the cheese out of Janklow.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But when some pitbulls fight, it’s a problem.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Actually no he does.

People have been getting cancer for as long as we know. You can be a healthy vegan that doesn't smoke or drink and don't drink nothing outside of purified water and still end up with cancer.
    Eating terrible and using drugs and what not make it more likely, but people can get cancer no matter how they live. I remember watchin a show on the science channel about how everyone has cancerous cells embedded in them but it doesn't grow to effect most people.

And yes, chimpanzees as well as orangutans and apes have been known to create many tools like hammers, and weapons like spears..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/22/AR2007022201007.html

? . yeah if you re a vegan and stressful and resentful

change your thoughts/change your vibrations. Ra
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? . yeah if you re a vegan and stressful and resentful

change your thoughts/change your vibrations. Ra

MMMM No...

You can live a fine life and still catch cancer. It's part of everyone, you don't need to be a pork eating, weed toking, ? for your cancer to blossom. Once your immune system weakens for w.e reason those cells can grow.

But I'm not going to discuss it with you, you're another who thinks anything Western is a lie so it's useless.

Good day ? .
  • melanated khemist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MMMM No...

You can live a fine life and still catch cancer. It's part of everyone, you don't need to be a pork eating, weed toking, ? for your cancer to blossom. Once your immune system weakens for w.e reason those cells can grow.

But I'm not going to discuss it with you, you're another who thinks anything Western is a lie so it's useless.

Good day ? .

maybe the immune system is weakening from stress or resentment. i love how you label me, considering i have the utmost respect for you.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    maybe the immune system is weakening from stress or resentment. i love how you label me, considering i have the utmost respect for you.

Well I have seen you multiple times say things like "That's what western civilization wants you to believe" "the western world is a lie" etc..., so it aint labeling its pointing out.

And yes, if someone is stressed they have a much higher chance of getting cancer.

But the fact is that people can live with very little stress and eat very healthy, exercise, all that and still get cancer. Some cancerous cells are hereditary. It's all about your genetic make up whether or not eating healthy and living right will stop it or not.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So much BS in this topic. You gonna tell all the vegetarian women out there with breast or cervical cancer that you can only get cancer from eating meat? If you can acknowledge that there are things other than diet that contribute to getting cancer, then what kinda stupid logic would lead you to believe that diet is the cause anytime someone who eats meat gets cancer.

Also several animals have been shown to be self award. Gorillas and chimps for example recognize themselves in the mirror. That is self awareness.
  • melanated khemist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well I have seen you multiple times say things like "That's what western civilization wants you to believe" "the western world is a lie" etc..., so it aint labeling its pointing out.

And yes, if someone is stressed they have a much higher chance of getting cancer.

But the fact is that people can live with very little stress and eat very healthy, exercise, all that and still get cancer. Some cancerous cells are hereditary. It's all about your genetic make up whether or not eating healthy and living right will stop it or not.

i guess we will agree to disagree,just remember the mind precedes the body. all things emanate from the mind. and the steelers are Still weak!
  • hrap-120
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So much BS in this topic. You gonna tell all the vegetarian women out there with breast or cervical cancer that you can only get cancer from eating meat? If you can acknowledge that there are things other than diet that contribute to getting cancer, then what kinda stupid logic would lead you to believe that diet is the cause anytime someone who eats meat gets cancer.

Also several animals have been shown to be self award. Gorillas and chimps for example recognize themselves in the mirror. That is self awareness.

Thats real talk about the Gorilla.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i guess we will agree to disagree,just remember the mind precedes the body. all things emanate from the mind. and the steelers are Still weak!

b8mtuf.jpg

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Actually, Chozen, Melanated has a good point. I have friends from Africa who came over here fine and within a years time started blowing up and suffering from physical ailments and mental anguish. They said it was too stressful living here. Scientists do know that the brain and the digestive system are connected. When thoughts are disturbed brain releases chemicals which are toxins into your system as a defense mechanisms. endorphins whiich are stress fighters are also toxins. This coupled with bad food can literally poison you.

That is why it is never good to eat when upset, angry, or excited. There is a whole branch of science out there called Orthomolecular Psychiatry that deals with the relationship of digestive system and the brain. Mainstream medicine rejects it because the foundation is preventive maintenance and thereis no money in that, just dealing with sick people who they can sell and prescribe medicine that doesn't cure. You should check it out.
  • melanated khemist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Actually, Chozen, Melanated has a good point. I have friends from Africa who came over here fine and within a years time started blowing up and suffering from physical ailments and mental anguish. They said it was too stressful living here. Scientists do know that the brain and the digestive system are connected. When thoughts are disturbed brain releases chemicals which are toxins into your system as a defense mechanisms. endorphins whiich are stress fighters are also toxins. This coupled with bad food can literally poison you.

That is why it is never good to eat when upset, angry, or excited. There is a whole branch of science out there called Orthomolecular Psychiatry that deals with the relationship of digestive system and the brain. Mainstream medicine rejects it because the foundation is preventive maintenance and thereis no money in that, just dealing with sick people who they can sell and prescribe medicine that doesn't cure. You should check it out.

wise words being spoken. And Step, smooth as always.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options

So you typed all that for something I already said?

I didn't say that America's way of life didn't help contribute to cancer, never said that stress didn't effect the outcome.

I simply said that anyone can get cancer, there are people with very little stress who eat right and all that and still get it. It's far less likely, as I said, but it happens. Some cancerous cells are hereditary and will be there whether you live right or not. The only reason I brought up the Western Civilization point is because test have been conducted and various mummies have been found to have had/died from cancer, if it was strictly just the way we are living now that would not be possible, however if I said that, people always come in on some "well western studies are a lie anyway" tip.

@ the bolded yea I knew about it, didn't really check into it much but I knew about it. There are a lot of people and cultures who can help you heal through the power of the mind, I always said Western Civilization needs to explore the mind more, I do believe we live in a physical world and some things are beyond our control, but I also believe anything associated with our body can be fixed or changed by our mind.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wise words being spoken. And Step, smooth as always.

Respect. And uh what you got against the Steelers?
  • melanated khemist
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Respect. And uh what you got against the Steelers?

patriots taking it baby!

steelers in need of some receivers,cant depend on Hines forever.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    patriots taking it baby!

steelers in need of some receivers,cant depend on Hines forever.

Lol you must not catch many Steeler games.

Wallace is gonna be a problem this season.