Relapse vs recovery? Whats the better album?

Options
2»

Comments

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    theres a difference between the yelling that hes done in the past vs the yelling he does now.

when you listen to Til I Collapse, the yelling matches the demeanor of the track. same with "The Way I Am". He was screaming/yelling because it was a natural fit for the song.

But on Recovery, when he asks "Don't you hear sincerity in my voice when i talk?" The answer is no. Because I don't feel what hes saying because it doesnt sound natural.

i'll agree that line sounds very forced..definitely throws me off a little bit every time i hear it..

so the yelling on wont back down, 25 to life, no love and almost famous doesnt match the demeanor of the track?? wont back down no love and almost famous are "loud" songs..its natural to raise your voice when youre in a loud environment

if he doesnt yell in those songs his lyrics get lost in the beat...same way they would have gotten lost in till i collapse or the way i am..
  • Rick The Ruler
    Rick The Ruler Members Posts: 114
    edited October 2010
    Options
    prefer recovery but techincally relapse is a lot better

relapse 7/10 (some really weak tracks)
    recovery 6/10 (wont back down, untitled, wtp, on fire were seriously wacK)
  • Tales_
    Tales_ Members Posts: 87
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The only song I really liked off relapse was Beautiful. Recovery has more good songson it imo
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Relapse by far...we've beaten this horse to death
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Recovery is far better album them relapse, I'm actually surprised people think otherwise, Em himself even said that ? was whack.
  • abcba
    abcba Members Posts: 20
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll take Relapse slightly over Recovery but both were great albums to me
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Relaspe - 3 MICS
    Recovery - 3.5 MICS

"Recovery" is really only slightly better but it's over-rated cause it had more Hit songs on it. "Relaspe" just wasn't a good album. Were there some bangers on it? Yes, Em always will give you some bangers. Tracks like "3 A.M., Deja Vu, Beautiful, Stay Wide Awake" make you feel like the old Eminem is back. But then the album is filled with a lot of forgettable material. Also the 2nd single "We Made You" was really bad. I thought "? a Bottle" wasn't that bad cause of the beat but the hook is so damn annoying I want to smack Em for that "Wobble, Wobble" ish. "Recovery" was a step in the right direction.

His 1st single "No Afraid", though I'm not a fan of Eminem's singing voice, you can't deny it's a pretty good single with a great message. To me it was like the sequel to "Beautiful". "Love the Way you Lie" is an MTV Pop song that actually worked for Eminem mostly cause of Rhianna's haunting lyrics and voices (And her past) goes well with the song. "No Love" was pretty sick and showed Eminem and Wayne are actually a pretty good callabo. I really enjoyed songs like "Going Through Changes" But like "Relapse", the album has more forgettable songs than memorable ones. Netiher album has strong replay value. Production wise I'd give the nod to "Relapse", I thought Dre blacked out on a lot of those beats but Eminem hurt the songs with weak hooks or concepts. It's simply that this is the downside of Eminem's career creativly:

SSLP, MMLP, TES > E, R, R
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think the Slim Shady LP is better then both of those albums
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    I think the Slim Shady LP is better then both of those albums