Name an artist that success in music puzzles you.

Options
Doug Funny
Doug Funny Members Posts: 109
edited January 2010 in The Reason
I gotta say Too Short. All he does is rap about corny ? ? . How is this dude a "legend"?

Who yall think is talentless in hip hop?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Short ain't a legend in terms of Skill. That ? is a legend in terms of longevity, putting his area on the hip hop map and for saying whatever the ? he wanted on his records an not giving a ? who he offends. Plus, he did all that ? on the independant grind and STILL got rich off of it.

Personally, I can't stand the ? . But I can't hate on his hustle of his impact.

And the reason that he was successful is he gave a voice to an area that didn't have nobody that was from where they was from and talked like they talked doing it big. So ? supported him.

But I'd have to say Gucci. Can't figure the ? out for the life of me.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Master P, nothing dude has ever done says quality. From the gimmicky ass album cover, generic Beats by the Pound beats, No Limit Gear, P. Miller clothing, his movies,etc.
  • Marcys13
    Marcys13 Members Posts: 57
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Busta Rhymes still seems to get love in the industry, that one I just can't figure out
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Gucci Mane.
  • outlawd
    outlawd Members Posts: 89
    edited January 2010
    Options
    GUCCI MANE....ignorance has officially arrived. i dont think GuCCI has ever even heard of ANNUCIATION OR PRONUNCIATION! He is the apidimy of what is wrong with Hip Hop today
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    has to be gucci mane ? cracks me up
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just dont understand how this kid Waka gettin all this attention also maybe i need to hear a few more songs or sumtin cause i seen a freestyle of his and had the "C'mon Son" face on.
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All these new lames that comin up with the bubblegum type of music that stays on repeat on the friggin radio, ? that is useless to my ears like lil wayne, guccin who, yea pretty wack..
  • supertitan
    supertitan Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'd have to say Li'l Wayne. Forget about him being faker than li'l Kim's face and queerer than a $3 bill...but I don't hear any talent. I can see he's trying to be 'different' with that autotune-rockstar ? ...but even before that, I don't hear any talent. His lyrics are sub-par and so are his punchlines...I'm saying everyone's said some stupid ? ..a corny punchline or whatever, but IMO that's all this guy's done... drop hot garbage.
  • ryder225
    ryder225 Banned Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bun B, I Think he overcredited cause ? C dead
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i agree wit threadstarter's choice...
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »

this.................

and people need to quit wit this "ignorance has arrived" ? ... what rappers that you listen too arent ignorant in some sense.. quit tryna make it sound as if your favorite rapper is inept to ignorance..
  • kidman123
    kidman123 Members Posts: 47
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • ziggiy
    ziggiy Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cam'RON- Dude is straight TRASH to me, his last "decent" album was Come Home With Me and I cant for the life of me figure out how this guy has fans..

Gucci Mane- I swear this guy is terrible. Living in the south and just listening to the people praising him makes me sick

Lil Wayne- Just the fact that THIS is with whom people want to place thier faith for the "future" of rap? THIS guy is the best we can do? THIS GUY is the greatest rapper alive?? WTF????!?!??!?
  • boom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ziggiy wrote: »
    Cam'RON- Dude is straight TRASH to me, his last "decent" album was Come Home With Me and I cant for the life of me figure out how this guy has fans..

Gucci Mane- I swear this guy is terrible. Living in the south and just listening to the people praising him makes me sick

Lil Wayne- Just the fact that THIS is with whom people want to place thier faith for the "future" of rap? THIS guy is the best we can do? THIS GUY is the greatest rapper alive?? WTF????!?!??!?

u on that pipe.... never heard Purple Haze? .. smh
  • West Brooklyn II
    West Brooklyn II Members Posts: 124
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »

Bun been praised way before ? been out the game
  • boom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bun been praised way before ? been out the game

for no good reason...
  • datguyj
    datguyj Members Posts: 91
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • ziggiy
    ziggiy Members Posts: 46
    edited January 2010
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    u on that pipe.... never heard Purple Haze? .. smh

Dude is straight trash to me. Perhaps I'll alleviate a bit and put an "in my opinion" asterisk next to him because niether him nor dip set have never peaked my interest, but at LEAST during Come Home With Me I could see how people could like him, but it seemed like dude became a ? nursery rhyme rapper after that and its just not tolerable for me...
  • West Brooklyn II
    West Brooklyn II Members Posts: 124
    edited January 2010
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    for no good reason...

I used to not like him either. But certain artists have to grow on you. Like E-40. Check out Wood Wheel.. or Murder
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    All the Atlanta trap rappers and kids from South.
  • boom
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i already ? with forty wadda..
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    soulja boy, gucci, wakka flocka, oj da juicman, yayo...the list keeps goin but these ? is straight ass cheeks..
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wayne, Gucci, Ross, Soljah Boi
  • King James 23
    King James 23 Members Posts: 15
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I aint gon say Gucci cause a bunch of ? been bumpin his ? .......

Soulja Boy- Obvious Reasons....

Jim Jones- I be wonderin why is this ? still here.......do ya'll up north dudes actually ? wit him? Be honest cuh.....