P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    since Jay Z has the midas touch what happened to

Wale-FLOP
    Melanie Fiona-FLOP
    J Cole-UNFAIRLY SHELVED
    Willow Smith-NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT SINGLE ANYMORE. WHAT WAS THAT SONG CALLED AGAIN. SMMFH

Nobody said Jay-Z gon make people buy somebody's album, that has already been proved with ? Money, but the fact still remains that by Jay-Z puttin UGK on Big Pimpin, he gave them more of a mainstream, national viewing
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    smh. next ? are gonna say jay put camron or dmx on.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »

Naw actually Cam'ron was put on by Biggie
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    funny how they buzz and relevancy is bigger than sigels right now

were not talking about beans. we talking about how Jay Z has the ability to make people hot. Then why isnt Wale, Melanie Fiona and J Cole bigger than Young Money. 2 Flopped albums and a shelved rapper isnt successful.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options

or that Jay Z made Lenny Kravitz hot after BP 2 SMMFH
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Naw actually Cam'ron was put on by Biggie

i would say more mase than biggie, but thats still an acceptable answer.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If it makes you cry babies feel any better, Big Daddy Kane made Jay-Z known
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "Jay put you on X, made you hot"

according to 50 cent, jay-z made Ja Rule gain popularity....

and then you have Bun B on video admitting it....
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    were not talking about beans. we talking about how Jay Z has the ability to make people hot. Then why isnt Wale, Melanie Fiona and J Cole bigger than Young Money. 2 Flopped albums and a shelved rapper isnt successful.

other than drake,nikki and Wayne everybody else on that label is down to flop.wale is hotter than anybody else on YM.m fiona is doing good so far.you acting like ? is nobodies.they might not be selling but who is?
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nobody said Jay-Z gon make people buy somebody's album, that has already been proved with ? Money, but the fact still remains that by Jay-Z puttin UGK on Big Pimpin, he gave them more of a mainstream, national viewing

and the fact still remains that UGK been signed to jive since 92 so they been on a national level as far as hip hop is concerned. Just because Jay Z exposed them to his fickle POP fanbase dont mean ? .um I didnt see one jigga warrior mention the fact after the song started picking up steam and ? saw that Bun B murdered Jay Z on the album version the fat lipped ? went to go record another verse for the video. You ? want to act like Jay Z gets careers poppin im trying to figure out what happened to Wale, Melanie and J Cole. Gaga did more for Wale than Jay Z did.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "Jay put you on X, made you hot"

according to 50 cent, jay-z made Ja Rule gain popularity....

and then you have Bun B on video admitting it....

Yeah "Can I Get A..." helped Ja, but the difference is, Ja had not even dropped an album yet, UGK had already released 3 albums prior to Big Pimpin
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    and the fact still remains that UGK been signed to jive since 92 so they been on a national level as far as hip hop is concerned. Just because Jay Z exposed them to his fickle POP fanbase dont mean ? .um I didnt see one jigga warrior mention the fact after the song started picking up steam and ? saw that Bun B murdered Jay Z on the album version the fat lipped ? went to go record another verse for the video. You ? want to act like Jay Z gets careers poppin im trying to figure out what happened to Wale, Melanie and J Cole. Gaga did more for Wale than Jay Z did.

the fact that you say things like "fat lipped ? " just destroys your statements and adds such emotional and feminine traits within your bias opinion.

Jay never did a song with Wale, he did a song with UGK, he did a song with J.Cole and that certainly helped...his album hasnt dropped yet and hes already being dubbed one of the leaders of lyricism in the new generation. Your hatred and emtional instability towards Shawn Carter is deteriorating your entire argument.
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options

co-sign, especially the red.
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options

Everybody knows Bun got Jay on that record
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited October 2010
    Options
    gaga is the biggest pop star IN THE ENTIRE WORLD of course she is going to do a lot for wale

and his album still didnt do too well...wtf was jay gonna do for him? gaga is more popular than jay right now
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    BLVR: Sure. What about Jay-Z?
    Bun B: Absolutely. Jay was intimidating to the point where I was totally intimidated before I even got to the booth. But I was like, this is going to be a test of my mettle. In the South, I’m regarded as the guy who, quote unquote, out-rapped Jay-Z. A lot of Southern rappers would say that. Not saying that I’m a better rapper than Jay-Z, but I was able to out-rap Jay-Z on a track. The reality is that I probably took that song [“Big Pimpin’”] a whole lot more seriously than Jay-Z. Because that was a lackadaisical, laid-back party track, and I attacked it. You know, for me, I’m a rapper. And I’m on it with Jay-Z.
    BLVR: You’d better be hot.
    Bun B: Yeah. In all fairness, I did hear it first. I got there and I realized he’s playing with it. Like, didn’t he even think to think that I would take into consideration the fact that I’m rapping with Jay-Z and might go—
    BLVR: And try to devour him.
    Bun B: Not even that much. Like, I know Jay-Z. The reason he called us to get us on the song was because of respect for what we do. So I know that he knows, on some level, in some form or fashion, that I tend to think of myself as a lyricist. And he had to know that, rapping on a song with Jay-Z, I was probably going to give it my all. But I don’t even think he thought that I was going to try to do anything, try to get my rap on. I honestly don’t think he took that song as seriously as I did.
    BLVR: Let’s talk about that example in particular. When you heard his verse, how long did it take you to put yours down?
    Bun B: Probably fifteen, twenty minutes. No longer than any other rhyme I’ve written. The hardest thing for me to do, as far as writing a rhyme, is figuring out how it’s going to go.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options
    speaking of making people hot and gaga how did Jay Z let her slip through his hands when he was president at Def Jam?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    speaking of making people hot and gaga how did Jay Z let her slip through his hands when he was president at Def Jam?

jay-z? but i thought la reid did all the work
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options

Lol..........
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah "Can I Get A..." helped Ja, but the difference is, Ja had not even dropped an album yet, UGK had already released 3 albums prior to Big Pimpin

yeah, thats the whole problem. if that was like the young gunz or beans and freeway or any kind of non established acts on big pimpin, i would have no problem with you saying jay put them on.

but the fact is ugk was on a major label, had music featured in a major movie, and already had a gold and classic album before big pimpin. i agree jay exposed them to a new audience, but you cant say jay put them on in the rap game when they already had a full career under their belts.
  • tompetrez3
    edited October 2010
    Options

? that ? . yall ? went hard for 100 pages talking about Jay Z did this and that for Jeezy, Ross and Rihanna. Dont bring up LA Reid now.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? that ? . yall ? went hard for 100 pages talking about Jay Z did this and that for Jeezy, Ross and Rihanna. Dont bring up LA Reid now.

exactly ? you went 100 pages talking bout la reid did all the work, don't ignore him now
  • P. Town
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah, thats the whole problem. if that was like the young gunz or beans and freeway or any kind of non established acts on big pimpin, i would have no problem with you saying jay put them on.

but the fact is ugk was on a major label, had music featured in a major movie, and already had a gold and classic album before big pimpin. i agree jay exposed them to a new audience, but you cant say jay put them on in the rap game when they already had a full career under their belts.

My statement was that Jay-Z helped ? outside the South know who they were, I didn't say he put them in the game
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Any discussion about Jay in the IC should just stop... because it becomes a disgusting argument... of emotions and such
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    exactly ? you went 100 pages talking bout la reid did all the work, don't ignore him now

lol, nice Tomp don't slip up often.