Who Should Dallas Draft With Their Top 10 Draft Pick??

Options
dbrazil412
dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
yes. its a shame when in october, you're already looking ahead to the 2011 Draft.

cowboys need help on both sides of the ball. o-line seems the to be the obvious choice, but the secondary & front 7 could use a lil bit of work as well.

thoughts? suggestions??

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Linemen, rounds 1-4.

They got alot of firepower on offense if they had a line. Romo is a good QB, Felix Jones would do wonders with a line, and Witten and Austin. And y'all see Dez Bryant is bout to be something special
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah. the line needs help/depth. i mean gurode & davis have been okay. doug free has been a disappointment at left tackle, kyle kosier cant stay healthy. and colombo doesnt impress me at right tackle. our backups are nasty too outside of maybe montrae holland...

i never like the idea of drafting linemen so high, but in this situation, totally necessary..
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this is an updated 2011 draft big board

1.Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
    2.A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
    3.Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
    4.Jake Locker, QB, Washington, - 6'3 - 230
    5.Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
    6.Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
    7.Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
    8.Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State - 6'5" - 288
    9.Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
    10.Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas - 6'6 - 238
    11.Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
    12.Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA - 6'4 - 255
    13.Allen Bailey, DE, Miami - 6'4 - 288
    14.Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - 5'10 - 215
    15.Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh - 6'5 - 230
    16.Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida - 5'11 - 186
    17.Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - 6'4 - 220
    18.Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - 6'2 - 200
    19.Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College - 6'7 - 295
    20.Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - 6'4 - 263
    21.Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina - 6'3 - 230
    22.Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame - 6'6 - 265
    23.Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - 6'9 - 315
    24.Jurrell Casey, DT, USC - 6'1 - 305
    25.Rodney Hudson, C, Florida State - 6'2 - 285
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Amukamara should be the first pick they get.. but I still think 2-3 outta the first 5 rounds should be lineman
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Trade Roy WIlliams for a couple of picks, trade Barber's ass too for a pick. Draft some olinemen and get a safety
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sequence of off-season First fire Wade and Jason Garrett , then hire a coach that will add discipline so we can have an identity . Then duck tape Jerry and hide him in a closet . Offensive Line
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nick Saban

thats actually kind of interesting. but dont you think him & jerry would collide? hes definitely not the puppet wade phillips is
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Amukamara should be the first pick they get.. but I still think 2-3 outta the first 5 rounds should be lineman

yeah. him or peterson would help. mike jenkins & newman are nice, but we can no longer let scandrick get roasted the way he does. so maybe we dont NEED to go that route in the 1st round, but i wouldnt be surprised, or mad
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damn sucks to be you :(
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Trade Roy WIlliams for a couple of picks, trade Barber's ass too for a pick. Draft some olinemen and get a safety

roy actually hasnt played that bad this year. seems as if dez lit a fire under him...i say keep him. but i do think you either trade barber, or choice for a pick. i like barber myself, but choice is the younger back
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    damn sucks to be you :(

.....yeah

*sighs*
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No one cares about the Cowboys right now. Just keep taking the losses and stay in the corner until you are relevant again.

Its all about the AFC this year.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • FOREVER92
    FOREVER92 Members Posts: 455
    edited October 2010
    Options
    a defensive end....... and ? they can still go on a win streak and finish .500
    its not like they arent playing good other then tonight
    they just aint been winning games
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Can you Draft new coaches?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    yeah. him or peterson would help. mike jenkins & newman are nice, but we can no longer let scandrick get roasted the way he does. so maybe we dont NEED to go that route in the 1st round, but i wouldnt be surprised, or mad

I think Mike Jenkins and Scandrick are equally as terrible.
    Jenkins is a better coverage back but he makes the dumbest mistakes at critical moments and is good for 2-3 interference calls a game.
  • BlackxChild
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The coaches put the safeties and corners in bad positions.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In this order of importance

Offensive Lineman
    Safety
    CB

Scandrick gets burned on the regular and I don't know what the hell happend to Jenkins. Alan Ball and Sensabaugh are tuurrrible...especially Alan....Doug Free hasn't been too bad but he'd be better as a RT. Kyle, Gurode, Leonard Davis, and Marc Columbo have all been disappointing.....
  • BlackxChild
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There are alot of olinemen in free agency and none worth drafting with a top 10 pick
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    roy actually hasnt played that bad this year. seems as if dez lit a fire under him...i say keep him. but i do think you either trade barber, or choice for a pick. i like barber myself, but choice is the younger back

We don't need him, it's obvious that Bryant is a beast and needs touches, why would you waste his talent as the 3rd receiver. Get somthing of value for Williams and start Bryant!

We only one ball, a loaded backfield, two good tight ends, and 3 good wrs.
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    In this order of importance

Offensive Lineman
    Safety
    CB

Scandrick gets burned on the regular and I don't know what the hell happend to Jenkins. Alan Ball and Sensabaugh are tuurrrible...especially Alan....Doug Free hasn't been too bad but he'd be better as a RT. Kyle, Gurode, Leonard Davis, and Marc Columbo have all been disappointing.....

yeah. jenkins was a pro bowl corner last year. i have no clue whats got into him this year. the safties are atrocious..but unlike this year, there doesnt seem to be any top safeties in the 1st round.

maybe they trade down in the draft to get a lineman & more picks later in the draft
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    We don't need him, it's obvious that Bryant is a beast and needs touches, why would you waste his talent as the 3rd receiver. Get somthing of value for Williams and start Bryant!

We only one ball, a loaded backfield, two good tight ends, and 3 good wrs.

yeah we have 3 good running backs. we should be able to get somethin in return for either barber or choice. i agree that we dont need roy, but dez is a weapon out the slot. hes gettin matched up against other team's nickel corners/safeties.
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There are alot of olinemen in free agency and none worth drafting with a top 10 pick

they shoulda signed alan faneca when they had the chance
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yeah we have 3 good running backs. we should be able to get somethin in return for either barber or choice. i agree that we dont need roy, but dez is a weapon out the slot. hes gettin matched up against other team's nickel corners/safeties.

Pretty much. You should keep Roy for an outside guy. Ward has made a HOF career by playing out of the slot with the second and third string receivers on the outside.