Now that you are a bit older...

Options
Nut Did N' Cider
Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
This is a thread for people who came from broken homes. Maybe there was some spousal abuse involved. Most likely as a kid you were led to believe your father was an ? and mama was a victim. Many mothers like to turn their children against the dad when things don't work out.

But now that you are an adult, do you realize there is a strong possibility that your mom was at least equally to blame for the failed relationship. Now that you have a better understanding on male/female relationship dynamics, can you admit it is quite likely that she drove the man away? Or is it still POOR MAMA?

Comments

• bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wow, no one can relate to this post? Yes, now since I do have a better understanding. Ive analyzed as much as I can remember about my child and my parents relationship. I believe they were both at fault. He was too serious and strict, and she was unfocused and over ladylike. It sounds stupid and nasty to say about mom dukes but it made realize what I want in a women and how I want to be as a man.
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bump.............
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wow...real thread by Yay? I just dont think they are used to it.....

I didn't grow up in this situation so I can't really relate on a personal level but from my cousins and what not...my aunts never told them that it was their fathers faults yet funny enough, as we grew up we all realized it was the fathers fault. Looking purely from an adult relationship type mindframe, they just weren't ready for kids I guess. Even now, the fathers are still doing ? thats like- really? arent u like 50? grow up already smh

On the flip side I do see plenty of relationships like u are saying. Amongst my friends moms....its like who would wanna stay around that nasty attitude, nasty housekeeping, irresponsible, etc etc type of person.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I peeped the guilty party early on in the game...

Kinda ? up my view of the world but gave me an edge over many aspects of life..

Once the smoke clears, the mirrors are broken and reality sets in..all that love and sympathy ? is for those that deserve it..

Other than that I say ? yo struggle and what you about because nine times out of ten you brought that ? on your self..If you want sympathy go talk to the pastor
  • Zone6reppa
    Zone6reppa Members Posts: 926
    edited October 2010
    Options
    can't talk to pastors, if they dont touch you they'll touch your children, your better off dealing with ? internally
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Zone6reppa wrote: »
    can't talk to pastors, if they dont touch you they'll touch your children, your better off dealing with ? internally

the ? fam?.....
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dont know why they split up...dont necessarily care at this point.

They cool with one another still and i have a good relationship with both...
  • Haun Solo
    Haun Solo Members Posts: 189
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Never really cared why they split. I just understood who was there and who wasn't. Moms has her flaws by far, I can easily identify cause shes the only one I'm around. Pops was probably emotionally detached in their relationship. Can't be 100% but again, I was never around that dude. Everyone has reasons and excuses I guess.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    people are people. and sometimes people get stuck together. and sometimes, people link up, and they acturally love each other.

all im sayin is, dont get stuck, and dont ? with someone who u cant get along with.

because life is hard. and prison is harder.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dont know why they split up...dont necessarily care at this point.

They cool with one another still and i have a good relationship with both...

This right here. They divorced when I was 6 so I couldnt understand but now that I'm older I see that sometimes ? just doesnt work out. IDK why they split and have never really pressed the issue to find out. I think I may have an idea but I let the ? be b/c it wont change anything. If their was any animosity b/w them they hid it well for the sake of me & my older bro and have gotten along well since they split. And props to my moms b/c if my pops was @ fault she never painted a negative picture of him to me & my brother b/c of it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ehh, never been in this situation. was fortunate to have both parents until my mom passed. i mean i didn't like it when me dad started dating. but since i'm older, i guess i can see why he did. loneliness i guess.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is a thread for people who came from broken homes. Maybe there was some spousal abuse involved. Most likely as a kid you were led to believe your father was an ? and mama was a victim. Many mothers like to turn their children against the dad when things don't work out.

But now that you are an adult, do you realize there is a strong possibility that your mom was at least equally to blame for the failed relationship. Now that you have a better understanding on male/female relationship dynamics, can you admit it is quite likely that she drove the man away? Or is it still POOR MAMA?

my parents relationship didn't fail, they're still married actually but it was a very broken home and I know for a fact and knew as a child my mom was at fault...out of all the people my mom blamed, me, my grandparents, the world, the one person she never blamed was my father as weird as that sounds...she'd be doing all sorts of foul ? and mad at the world but I can truly say no matter how ? up my mom was she did and does actually love my father...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    This right here. They divorced when I was 6 so I couldnt understand but now that I'm older I see that sometimes ? just doesnt work out. IDK why they split and have never really pressed the issue to find out. I think I may have an idea but I let the ? be b/c it wont change anything. If their was any animosity b/w them they hid it well for the sake of me & my older bro and have gotten along well since they split. And props to my moms b/c if my pops was @ fault she never painted a negative picture of him to me & my brother b/c of it.

my girls mom was the opposite of that...her parents divorce was final when she was like 3 so she never knew her parents being together...all she knew as a child was she loved her dad but knew her mom hated her dad...it wasn't til she got older she finally told her mom how hearing her bad mouth her dad mad her feel negatively about herself since she is literally part of him...her mom even now will still sneak in lil slick comments about my girl's dad but now my girl will just tell her mom to stop or just end the conversation
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mom's never said a bad thing about my pops either.. i found outhe wasn't ? all on my own...
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i come from a broken home as well

when i was 6 a tree fell on the roof and pretty much split the place in half
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    even though you a ? fienddddd mama you always be a black queennnn mama