WTF SHANAHAN BENCHES MCNABB FOR GROSSMAN W/ 2 MIN LEFT?? smh......

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I would take Ben and Eli over Mcnabb.... they dont fold under pressure like Donovan does....

lies. Im a Giants fan. Ive seen Eli throw picks and nutt up in games and the playoffs Philly 2 years ago ring a bell.... also u dont want to count Mcnabbs 5 years ahead of Rivers how about comparing Mcnabb and Rivers first 5 years as a starter then?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ? the numbers? name one accomplishment? what do you want? awards?

Its apples and oranges ? philliy rivers though... that was some ? shanahan pulled yesterday.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    lies. Im a Giants fan. Ive seen Eli throw picks and nutt up in games and the playoffs Philly 2 years ago ring a bell.... also u dont want to count Mcnabbs 5 years ahead of Rivers how about comparing Mcnabb and Rivers first 5 years as a starter then?
    Im a Giants fan and Yes I would have Eli over Mcnabb... Down late in the 4th qtr in the 2 Min Drill Eli is one of the best in the NFL he has had games where sucked the entire game but some how mangaged to led them to take the lead or tie late in the 4th qtr if ur Giants fan you know this.. there no way in hell I see Mcnabb led that final drive that Eli or Ben did in the superbowl to win.

As for your question I did look in this thread I didnt include Rivers first two years cause he sat and didnt play, I compared Rivers to Mcnabb at the same age.... Rivers still wins more Regular Season games and still leads in evey statistcal category Completion Percentage, Passing Yards, Passing Tds and QB rating... I also indicated Mcnabb had a better playoff record 6-4 to 3-4...
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Its apples and oranges ? philliy rivers though... that was some ? shanahan pulled yesterday.
    It is ? .. but I just said I never felt Mcnabb was elite or great
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So rivers is a choke artist when his number 1 back always under performed in the playoffs (sorry LT) and his kicker has let them down numerous times?

shout out to Donovan McNabb being in the highlight of the Panthers existence

LT undrachieved but was also hurt. for a period thay had Turner,Sproles and LT at rb with Jackson, and Gates.... Mcnabb has had nothing comparable. every year SanDiego was picked to go to the Super Bowl pre season and then they underacheive. I guess Rivers had no part in that?
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LT undrachieved but was also hurt. for a period thay had Turner,Sproles and LT at rb with Jackson, and Gates.... Mcnabb has had nothing comparable. every year SanDiego was picked to go to the Super Bowl pre season and then they underacheive. I guess Rivers had no part in that?
    So have the Eagles even more so than San Diego Westbrook in his prime is better than Sproles and Turner, on the flip Side Rivers didnt have a Defense or Special teams unit as good as Philly.....
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Im a Giants fan and Yes I would have Eli over Mcnabb... Down late in the 4th qtr in the 2 Min Drill Eli is one of the best in the NFL he has had games where sucked the entire game but some how mangaged to led them to take the lead or tie late in the 4th qtr if ur Giants fan you know this.. there no way in hell I see Mcnabb led that final drive that Eli or Ben did in the superbowl to win.

As for your question I did look in this thread I didnt include Rivers first two years cause he sat and didnt play, I compared Rivers to Mcnabb at the same age.... Rivers still wins more Regular Season games and still leads in evey statistcal category Completion Percentage, Passing Yards, Passing Tds and QB rating... I also indicated Mcnabb had a better playoff record 6-4 to 3-4...

also the playoff record will be scewed cuz Philly had bye weeks for being the best in the division whereas Sna Diego played opening week games... Eli is good in the 2 min drill but he will throw the ball high when blitzed and gets picks while having that smirk on his face. Plax saved him a lot. with that said he balled out in the playoffs the Super Bowl year.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This thread went in 25 different directions.. point is.. it was a ? move.
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    also the playoff record will be scewed cuz Philly had bye weeks for being the best in the division whereas Sna Diego played opening week games... Eli is good in the 2 min drill but he will throw the ball high when blitzed and gets picks while having that smirk on his face. Plax saved him a lot. with that said he balled out in the playoffs the Super Bowl year.

Yah that no look pass he throwed to plaxico in overtime vs philly.. but he did play real well the last 4 weeks of the season i give him that.. and the Superbowl speaks for it self.. Eli has went through a metamorphesis he used to have that ? body language.. now he shrugs and goes to the next one.. with that said i never liked eli.. and your absolutely stupid if you think eli is better than Donovan
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So have the Eagles even more so than San Diego Westbrook in his prime is better than Sproles and Turner, on the flip Side Rivers didnt have a Defense or Special teams unit as good as Philly.....

no in that offense Reid didnt run the ball with Westbrook. he was used as a reciever and on screens. Rivers had talent on defense they just made dumb plays. Castillo and Jamal Williams were good, Phillips and Merriman were good. Cramartie was good. Philly had a great defense so Im not arguing who was better just that San Diegos Defense wasnt horrible. Sproles made plays on kick returns and punts too.
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Since that Superbowl run Eli followed that up with a great Pro Bowl Season and last year had his best year of his career...granted the d sucked... but hes playing great this year if the WR didnt tip the ball up so much on some of those passes his INTs would be lower..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    that made no sense to put grossman in period it was a ? move by shanahan
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    no in that offense Reid didnt run the ball with Westbrook. he was used as a reciever and on screens. Rivers had talent on defense they just made dumb plays. Castillo and Jamal Williams were good, Phillips and Merriman were good. Cramartie was good. Philly had a great defense so Im not arguing who was better just that San Diegos Defense wasnt horrible. Sproles made plays on kick returns and punts too.
    No they werent horrible but not as good as Philly and San Diego kicker has cost them several playoff games....
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Since that Superbowl run Eli followed that up with a great Pro Bowl Season and last year had his best year of his career...granted the d sucked... but hes playing great this year if the WR didnt tip the ball up so much on some of those passes his INTs would be lower..

man Eli had a pro bowl year but they lost and missed the playoffs cuz they abandoned the run and transitioned into Eli throwing all the time. Eli always throws high
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2010
    Options
    man Eli had a pro bowl year but they lost and missed the playoffs cuz they abandoned the run and transitioned into Eli throwing all the time. Eli always throws high
    Jacobs and Bradshaw were hurt all season and the d was always giving up big plays so they threw the ball... there passing last season was the only good thing about the Giants ...But would u trade Eli for Donovan.... hell ? no.....
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Fact you can get fat in that ? division the last.. how many years...?
  • aneed123
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wow I saw Dilfer basically defend the Redskins yet he was mad when Childress criticized Farve smh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    wow I saw Dilfer basically defend the Redskins yet he was mad when Childress criticized Farve smh

Dilfer " that n.i.g.g.e.r mcnabb can't play qb."
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    IMO Donovan career achievements is nothing cause he has won nothing imo... Right now Rivers is better than Mcnabb and since he became a full time starter in 2006 has been better than Mcnabb. U would take Mcnabb over Rivers rite now???? ? would u take Mcnabb over Rivers in 2006??? Good thing you aint a GM.

No offense but opinions like this are stupid. This is football not tennis. You can't ignore a player's individual achievements because the team didn't win a championship. That would be a bad argument for basketball, but ? at least in basketball, one player can have impact on all phases of the game. McNabb is the QB. If the D or the Special Teams aren't playing up to par he has absolutely no control over that. And even on the offensive side, he can't block for himself, he can beat defenders for the receivers and catch the pass he throws, and he can't make the runningbacks break tackles and bust through holes. There are too many factors that are involved in winning a championship in the NFL to make it seem like a player can't be elite if they haven't done it. Not only that, but you keep boosting Rivers up, and how many championships has he won? How many superbowls has he even gotten to? If he's so great and his accomplishments speak so well for him without a championship under his belt, how come Donnovan's get ignored?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    -JB- wrote: »
    If Shanahan & Snyder don't wanna Re-up Don , he will sign with the Vikings in the off season & haunt they ass

lmao, will Tavaris ever get to shine......?

(of course he will, once McNizzo gets his annual injury)
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    this offensive core is worse than anything he ever had with philly..

disagree. Santana >>>> McNabb's pre-T.O ? #1 WRs (Torrence Small....Freddie Mitchell....smh)
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    when Rivers gets that underacheiving San Diego squad to the Super Bowl and 4 AFC title games then he can be brought up in the same catagorey as Mcnabb. Dude was throwing to Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston. Its a disgrace how they disrespect Mcnabb. Im not even a big fan of his but this ? is ? up. No other franchise qb would be treated like that. Brees threw all those picks last week and he doesnt have to look over his shoulder. Mcnabb earned the right to play through his mistakes just like Manning/Brees, Brady etc..... yet Palmer and Cutler can throw picks all day and never get their job questioned or yanked.

Watch closely, this should be no surprise.

They will never respect you or view you as an equal...they will never respect Mcnabb over one of their own.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    disagree. Santana >>>> McNabb's pre-T.O ? #1 WRs (Torrence Small....Freddie Mitchell....smh)

i'm sorry but i only notice s. moss when hes playing dallas...he just doesnt seem to get the job done anymore. mcnabb however did have brian westbrook who was>>>>>>everything he has now
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    aneed123 has a great point.....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No offense but opinions like this are stupid. This is football not tennis. You can't ignore a player's individual achievements because the team didn't win a championship. That would be a bad argument for basketball, but ? at least in basketball, one player can have impact on all phases of the game. McNabb is the QB. If the D or the Special Teams aren't playing up to par he has absolutely no control over that. And even on the offensive side, he can't block for himself, he can beat defenders for the receivers and catch the pass he throws, and he can't make the runningbacks break tackles and bust through holes. There are too many factors that are involved in winning a championship in the NFL to make it seem like a player can't be elite if they haven't done it. Not only that, but you keep boosting Rivers up, and how many championships has he won? How many superbowls has he even gotten to? If he's so great and his accomplishments speak so well for him without a championship under his belt, how come Donnovan's get ignored?

good post