How does visiting Africa make you blacker ?

Options
2»

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    the sun's hotter

Best answer so far.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    u never see white people clown Europe as much as black people clown Africa...and best believe Europe has it's impoverished areas..the media just don't broadcast it like they do Africa
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    u never see white people clown Europe as much as black people clown Africa...and best believe Europe has it's impoverished areas..the media just don't broadcast it like they do Africa

Negroes have an inferiority complex.. shaded by false bravado and fleeting confidence
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

yeah they do. We just notice Africans more 'cause they look like us.

... and they don't send missionaries to those places then have 'em on TV taumbout "ony 5 cents a day can feed this child..." and throw some Serbian or Polish kid's pic on the screen.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • shadb33
    edited November 2010
    Options
    yeah they do. We just notice Africans more 'cause they look like us.

... and they don't send missionaries to those places then have 'em on TV taumbout "ony 5 cents a day can feed this child..." and throw some Serbian or Polish kid's pic on the screen.

U just contradicted urself. i'll wait till the day I see some ? ass UK kids on an infomercial..

I just did an image google seach of "poor african children" and "poor european children"......check out the differences
  • phonk_p
    phonk_p Members Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Options
    While I've never been, I know more than enough colored folk that have been to Africa, both Africans and Afro-Americans alike, and none are blacker for it. None are more down, none are more conscious, and none stopped saying "? " that weren't already not saying "? ".
  • fiat_money
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Africa is the king as far as hunger/poverty goes:
    world_hunger_map.jpg
    poverty-map.png
  • shadb33
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Poverty is relative. Alotta native people who walk around half naked don't see themselves poor but we would. Regarding developed countries, the U.K. had one of the highest poverty rates during the late 1990s, 1 outta 3 children were poor.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Negroes have an inferiority complex.. shaded by false bravado and fleeting confidence
    Sig worthy...........
  • fiat_money
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Poverty is relative. Alotta native people who walk around half naked don't see themselves poor but we would. Regarding developed countries, the U.K. had one of the highest poverty rates during the late 1990s, 1 outta 3 children were poor.
    Perhaps, but the fact that many of the low income areas are also undernourished areas implies this poverty is more than just a difference in perspective.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    U just contradicted urself. i'll wait till the day I see some ? ass UK kids on an infomercial..

I just did an image google seach of "poor african children" and "poor european children"......check out the differences

nah, I'm just sayin they don't throw 'em in commercials. I see 'em in every documentary or tv show about former Eastern Bloc countries. They're out there, just in a different context.
  • shadb33
    edited November 2010
    Options
    nah, I'm just sayin they don't throw 'em in commercials. I see 'em in every documentary or tv show about former Eastern Bloc countries. They're out there, just in a different context.

lol yea they try to make it seem like European poverty is the past
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    cause it's home.

Home for whom, exactly?

I don't know about you, but MY black ass was born in New York City.
  • shadb33
    edited November 2010
    Options
    It dont even gotta be on no "the motherland" "im home" ? ...its just good to get out and travel the world..? never wanna leave they damn city..it makes sense to get out and see where alotta history and knowledge came from....real ass ? travel and see new things...it be these half ass dudes that rarely venture out their comfort zone
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Every country in Africa isnt on the feed the children list. IMO it doesnt make you any blacker, Im sure its a great experience but spiritual I'd say Nah.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Home for whom, exactly?

I don't know about you, but MY black ass was born in New York City.

• allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Africa is the king as far as hunger/poverty goes:
    world_hunger_map.jpg
    poverty-map.png

That is true. There is no getting around it. European poverty in general does not compare.

We have to find some way to help Africa.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i went to africa twice and i got a lil blacker each time

now my credit is ? up and police mace me when i ask for directions
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The world for everybody, no region bs but no Africa don't make you darker. Quit watching comedians thinking that is how African countries are like.
  • vikktor
    vikktor Members Posts: 49
    edited November 2010
    Options
    the sun will give u a bit of a tan