What is the most overrated hip-hop album of all time?

Options
124»

Comments

• thingsfallapart
    thingsfallapart Members Posts: 43
    edited November 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Blueprint was an average album. The only reason why people call it a classic is because of 9/11 and the production on the album. If I wanted to hear a NY ? spit over soulful beats I can listen to Supreme Clientele. oh yeah that came out 1 year prior before BP. there goes Jay Z with that biting again

The production on Clientele was way different from the production on The Blueprint..
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    No its not that cd sucks Im objective No cd can be a classic wit songs like whats you phone#,holla at me,run tha streetz,aint hard to tell,picture me rollin,only ? can judge me etc,etc the list goes on and on

If it wasnt for bones art of war that would be the WOAT double cd

That is a classic, u got to be crazy.
    Biggie had wack songs on his double cd but everybody stay having biggie ? in they mouth.
    "Playa Hater" is str8 stupid and "Another" with Lil Kim is dumb but, in everybody eyes Biggie can't do no wrong.
    So If AEOM is WOAT, then why did it sale 5 million when it first came out, why did it go Diamond before Life After Death?
    Why is alot of the songs on AEOM sampled and redid so much by rappers today?
    Yes I admit "What's Ya Phone Number" was not good but, that's it I can listen to that album front to back to this day.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ok so its final illmatic it is
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The ? ? The only one of those songs you named thats actually weak is Cashmere Thoughts.

The ? ???????????/ Ain't No ? , anyone?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt

Too many weak Song's like Can I Live, Ain't No, 22 Two's, Coming Of Age, Cashmere Thoughts, Devil's & Friend Or Foe

Rest of the Song's were average except for Brooklyn's Finest which was the only outstanding Song on the Album

Lyrically the Album wasn't anything special with the content from start to finish being so one dimensional whole Album was based on selling drugs

Production was decent but sounds out dated compared to modern Albums that came after

jay-z verse's on can i live, d'evils >> any verse eminem spit
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Any album by Eminem
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Blueprint is, IMO