Options

Comments

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Sheeeeit.

You put one of those pG's on the Celts and we're talkin bout them like we WERE talkin bout Miami offseason

'Unfair, loaded, tip the scales, how ON EARTH did they let this happen', etc.

With Rondo on the other hand, they are simply a very good team in the class of a handful of other vry good teams.

With Rondo they are a team that made it to the Finals last year, and a team that many people think will make the Finals again this year.
    I could see Williams and CP3 on the team and people saying they created Voltron, but Rondo is up there with Westbrook/Rose as far as being a PG. While Rose and Westbrook are the better players.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Another Thread Where GHOST has over half the Replies and Paragraph Posting when it comes to his Celtic players....I dont see this ? talk about anything but Rondo or the Celtics , he dont even know basketball , if it aint his team then he cant debate it...

Him and KINGOFDAARCADE are damn near the same posters , cant post about ? unless it's about their team, KingOfDaArcade has his Patriots/Tom Brady App alert go off when someone post about them and GHOST has his Rondo/Celtics Bat Signal Flying high in the air when someone brings them up, then they chew up the thread with Homer Post and constant crying and ? and moaning.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Another Thread Where GHOST has over half the Replies and Paragraph Posting when it comes to his Celtic players....I dont see this ? talk about anything but Rondo or the Celtics , he dont even know basketball , if it aint his team then he cant debate it...

Him and KINGOFDAARCADE are damn near the same posters , cant post about ? unless it's about their team, KingOfDaArcade has his Patriots/Tom Brady App alert go off when someone post about them and GHOST has his Rondo/Celtics Bat Signal Flying high in the air when someone brings them up, then they chew up the thread with Homer Post and constant crying and ? and moaning.

why dont you debate with me then..are u in the boxing threads or any other nba thread or football thread

what would u like to debate with me on???
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Due to the NBA's redundant National TV schedule (which only rotates 3 or four teams - BOS, Lakers, Mia, Orlando, etc) people keep Rondo's name in their mouths because he's the one that most casual fans are force-fed with. All of those other names play on smaller market teams with less "hype".

THX THO
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...no "well i seen it on facebook, or n8gs around my way ? "

and there's a difference between talking about their skill sets as a point guard compare to just talkin about their skill sets as a player....

nah bruh I swear people was on here sayin Rondo was the best PG or top 3 and he aint even that.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Nobody thinks Rondo is better than Deron Williams. That's just stupid.

.... For the other two, you can make an argument. Especially if you understand the role of the point guard.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    point me out to the person that said that...or i'm calling b.s...

O Capone said that ? . Westbrooke and Lebron are the only 2 players averagn 20ppg 5rpg 5apg. Lets Go Thunder!!!
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Rondo averages 14.2 out of the C's Team total 26 assists.He is a top pg whether u agree or not

C's are 13-4 top seed in the east rondo shootin 49% from the field he's a smart player who plays D and I saw somethin on nba tv sayin rondo assists/creates 75% of Kg's points 65% of allens and like 50% of pierces points

Kg & allen hardly can create they own shots at this point of their career only pierce can still do that.He's way more valuable than ya'll give him credit for

I'd take rondo over westbrook personally
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

truth.com

Ghost is the modern version of Cashville (old IC poster who was a die hard Kobe Bryant stan) his NBA knowledge doesn't exceed nothing but the Celtics.
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Rondo averages 14.2 out of the C's Team total 26 assists.He is a top pg whether u agree or not

C's are 13-4 top seed in the east rondo shootin 49% from the field he's a smart player who plays D and I saw somethin on nba tv sayin rondo assists/creates 75% of Kg's points 65% of allens and like 50% of pierces points

Kg & allen hardly can create they own shots at this point of their career only pierce can still do that.He's way more valuable than ya'll give him credit for

stats are crazy. hes not d will or cp3 but he makes the celtics go. the man is a floor general
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    its like this.. If Rose, D.Will CP3, or Rus is your best player you got a chance of winning.. If Rondo your best player your team gon struggle...

but he Rondo is Nice.. he just not ? with them

well said.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    truth.com

Ghost is the modern version of Cashville (old IC poster who was a die hard Kobe Bryant stan) his NBA knowledge doesn't exceed nothing but the Celtics.

waiting on both of u b*tch-ass posters....running your mouth dont even know me like that...
  • mistaincredible
    mistaincredible Members Posts: 300
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rondo isnt better
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    rondo>>>>>>>>westbrook

and why yall stay leavin out steve nash when yall talk about point guards???
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

i agree except on the last part

i need my pg to hit jumpers

westbrook is bbbbbbbbaaallliiiinnn

and the nicca can SHOOT now

whoa
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess I need to take it a step futher

Rondo < Not even mentioning the top 3 or 4 but Steph Curry, Evans, Brandon, not saying dude is trash but anybody on this board acting like they would draft Rondo over any of those guys is crazy. Nash, Rose, D-Will, CP3, Westbrook shouldn't even mentioned in this Thread. I mean Jameer and Tony and Chaucey to me are still better than Rondo.
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited December 2010
    Options

I usually agree with you but this is too far. Passing it to Ray coming off a pic on the 3 point line is not making Ray better bro. Why do you think Mark Jackson is up there he hit Reggie off of pics but Mark ain't even a top 10 pg of all time. Mark is in the top 3 to 5 alltime but stats don't always tell the story. Every body knows that KG's main weapon is spot up J. I can ? with no thought of ever shooting and pass to a seven foot guy twenty feet out. I will give you this dude is tough has all the intangibles of a goat role player but that is where it ends. I mean we agree on PIP and to me he was in the same boat with Rondo. It looked nice when they were together but Pip ain't coming off that Draft Board until you figure out who else will be joining him.
  • CoolJoe
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess I need to take it a step futher

Rondo < Not even mentioning the top 3 or 4 but Steph Curry, Evans, Brandon, not saying dude is trash but anybody on this board acting like they would draft Rondo over any of those guys is crazy. Nash, Rose, D-Will, CP3, Westbrook shouldn't even mentioned in this Thread. I mean Jameer and Tony and Chaucey to me are still better than Rondo.

Explain how jameer Nelson is better than Rondo. Lmao.
  • CoolJoe
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I usually agree with you but this is too far. Passing it to Ray coming off a pic on the 3 point line is not making Ray better bro. Why do you think Mark Jackson is up there he hit Reggie off of pics but Mark ain't even a top 10 pg of all time. Mark is in the top 3 to 5 alltime but stats don't always tell the story. Every body knows that KG's main weapon is spot up J. I can ? with no thought of ever shooting and pass to a seven foot guy twenty feet out. I will give you this dude is tough has all the intangibles of a goat role player but that is where it ends. I mean we agree on PIP and to me he was in the same boat with Rondo. It looked nice when they were together but Pip ain't coming off that Draft Board until you figure out who else will be joining him.

Have you seen Rondo's stats for the past two post seasons? How the hell is he a role player?
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Have you seen Rondo's stats for the past two post seasons? How the hell is he a role player?

rondo ? around and gets a triple double damn near every playoff game.....

rondo might not be a great shooter like some of these other guys, but he gets the job done in the playoffs. you know, when it counts..
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Nah I was talkin bout transition baskets,Just last night rondo fed allen while driving to the basket for an easy lay up

Kg is no where the player he was 4-5 years ago,that knee injury has slowed him down he cant create for himself like he use to he aint even the same kg from the 08 C's

I meant ray allen cannot create shots like the bucks ray allen,like the sonics ray allen,now he's a shooter mainly comin off screens

Rondo was the reason the C's went to the finals last year his play elevated the celtics in the playoffs
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Word. we can agree to disagree. You have not witnessed Rondo being gassed up, I have. Cool

You dont judge on numbers...and that was the point of my last paragraph. Rondo dont strike fear in a defense, the others do...that has nothing to do with numbers, thsts just the eye test.

But you right. If there is no argument, than i am quite satisfied. We ALL agree Rondo aint on their level.

Now lets just remember this when Boston wins a title (i think they will) and the slurping starts back up again

if you think just because Rondo doesn't drop 20 ppg on a regular basis he doesn't strike fear in defenses in the NBA you're an idiot...and hasn't Rondo shown that when he wants to/has to he can drive to the lane and score?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    if you think just because Rondo doesn't drop 20 ppg on a regular basis he doesn't strike fear in defenses in the NBA you're an idiot...and hasn't Rondo shown that when he wants to/has to he can drive to the lane and score?

Well im the smartest fukin idiot on earth. Ray Allen dropping threes creates fear, Pierce big boyin your SF creates fear, no defense says 'we gotta stop Rondo' That doesnt even make sense. You cant guard the ASSIST. You try to 'stop' the recipinets OF his assists and cut off their sweet spots (i.e. Ray allen on fast breaks will always stop at the wing 3). Rondo himself creates havoc off the lanes that the other players create. You can not cheat off of Allen, Pierce, or KG from the perimeter. Thus he runs ram shot thru open lanes. If teams truly aimed to 'stop' Rondo like they do the eite PGs i mentioned, the other celtics would ? them. They choose the lesser of 2 evils

Ask yourself, why do Lebron and Wade, if you've watched their games, get prectically NO easy buckets anymore???? Theres no room. Theres nobody else to fear, so all eyes are on them. Rondo is eating off the room that OTHERS create.

But dont mind me, i obviously dont kno what im talkin bout.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well im the smartest fukin idiot on earth. Ray Allen dropping threes creates fear, Pierce big boyin your SF creates fear, no defense says 'we gotta stop Rondo' That doesnt even make sense. You cant guard the ASSIST. You try to 'stop' the recipinets OF his assists and cut off their sweet spots (i.e. Ray allen on fast breaks will always stop at the wing 3). Rondo himself creates havoc off the lanes that the other players create. You can not cheat off of Allen, Pierce, or KG from the perimeter. Thus he runs ram shot thru open lanes. If teams truly aimed to 'stop' Rondo like they do the eite PGs i mentioned, the other celtics would ? them. They choose the lesser of 2 evils

Ask yourself, why do Lebron and Wade, if you've watched their games, get prectically NO easy buckets anymore???? Theres no room. Theres nobody else to fear, so all eyes are on them. Rondo is eating off the room that OTHERS create.

But dont mind me, i obviously dont kno what im talkin bout.

re-read what I wrote...I said if his ppg were the only reason you say he's not a top PG you're an idiot...and if you think that teams don't fear a PG that can run their team as well as Rondo does then you're mistaken...the way you're talking is as if you can just insert ANY PG on the Celtics and they'd have the exact same success Rondo is having...which wouldn't happen
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited December 2010
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Explain how jameer Nelson is better than Rondo. Lmao.

If you trade Rondo for Jameer the Celtics are better maybe even and the Magic would be alot worse