Rep your HBCU...or Regular People College!

Options

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    went to coahoma community college, shoulda graduated, but decided i rather transfer than just take 1 class to graduate...

transfered to ole miss...

got academically kicked out(underestimated that ? )

goin back in january..
  • simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    I stayed in DuBois my freshman year. HH was our sister hall, but we never got along wit them girls, so we actually ended up throwing a party with Manley in the Spelman student center. Good times.

DuBois . . . . (( do boys)) lol. yes, im quite familiar with that hall. and HH has always been TOO MUCH for me.

why did you leave ?
  • strangefruit
    strangefruit Members Posts: 41
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Strangefruit is a song by Billy Holiday dope Strangefruit is a metaphor for ? hanging from trees
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    SMC

Santa Monica College

Westside is nice :D
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Southern University up in here!
    Best HBCU marching band in the country
  • simplyspeaking
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Strangefruit is a song by Billy Holiday dope Strangefruit is a metaphor for ? hanging from trees

yeah i know, that's why i asked.
    i thought it was a poem tho. didn't know it was a song.
  • simplyspeaking
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Southern University up in here!
    Best HBCU marching band in the country

in New Orleans ?
    I have a cousin who went there who just graduated.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    DuBois . . . . (( do boys)) lol. yes, im quite familiar with that hall. and HH has always been TOO MUCH for me.

why did you leave ?

I got too caught up in livin that life in Atlanta man. Me and my boys had our own lil promotion team, but we ain't do much. I had friends in Ego, Hittsquad, T-12, all that ? though. From Wednesday to Saturday, I ain't give a damn bout class. So by the end of the year, my grades were horrible. It was either take summer classes, lose my scholarship, and struggle to pay that tuition, or just leave. So a ? left.

And that DuBois...(do boys) ? almost started a lotta fights at ? Wednesday, lol.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I got too caught up in livin that life in Atlanta man. Me and my boys had our own lil promotion team, but we ain't do much. I had friends in Ego, Hittsquad, T-12, all that ? though. From Wednesday to Saturday, I ain't give a damn bout class. So by the end of the year, my grades were horrible. It was either take summer classes, lose my scholarship, and struggle to pay that tuition, or just leave. So a ? left.

And that DuBois...(do boys) ? almost started a lotta fights at ? Wednesday, lol.

I feel you pain bruh....Im in the same situation. They dont give you no leniency LOL.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    North Carolina Central, didnt graduate... ? HBCU's financial aid

Ayo ? dat school and ? every school in NC and DC that didnt wanna ? wit me cuz of some lame ass SAT test. funny thing is i go to univeristy in Canada now n ranking wise Univeristy of manitoba ? on all the schools i applied at in NC..

still sad i didnt get to go to a HBCU for at least a year tho i jus wanted the experience
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    in New Orleans ?
    I have a cousin who went there who just graduated.

Nah
    The main campus in Baton Rouge
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    SMH @ this happening w/ a top 5 recruiting class. I'm losing bad out here too. My dad & uncle went to UNC Chapel Hill so I was raised (and still am) a Tar Heel fan. I wanted to be an engineer when I graduated HS so I had to go to NCSU even though UNC was my 1st choice. ? gotta do better...SMH!!!

engineering? at NCSU u kno my ? Dexter? i aint gonna put his last name on blast but maybe u might know him lol that name is rare for a black man
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Ayo ? dat school and ? every school in NC and DC that didnt wanna ? wit me cuz of some lame ass SAT test. funny thing is i go to univeristy in Canada now n ranking wise Univeristy of manitoba ? on all the schools i applied at in NC..

still sad i didnt get to go to a HBCU for at least a year tho i jus wanted the experience
    What experience? The ? ?

People used to ? me with that "black experience" ? .

I'm like ? , haven't you been black all your life?

Random ? : "Yah but I went to an all white high school in Connecticut?"

sMFH...I guess ? .....
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

What is Canada college like? Swear, Canada always seemed like ? heaven to me. From the moment in elementary school when they taught us that it was the land of milk&honey for runaway slaves.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lmaooo word a ? wanna move to Toronto..Canada always sounds so much better than America
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What experience? The ? ?

sMFH...I guess ? .....

Nah bruh...you gotta see for yourself. Its cool to have a sense of belonging to a part of our culture that isn't completely out of whack.

*Edit: LOL. I just realized who I was talkin to.
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What experience? The ? ?

sMFH...I guess ? .....

lol mind u i did actually go to a all white highschool, i went from goin to a all black one to a all white one ? a culture shock.

? in here talkin bout snowbunnies, its not that good once u smash em for the last 3 years of ur life, i jus wanna live in the black community again, it gets lonely bein the only ? up in class mang. theres black people where im at but theres black people everywhere at HBCU, why cant i want that expericene?
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What is Canada college like? Swear, Canada always seemed like ? heaven to me. From the moment in elementary school when they taught us that it was the land of milk&honey for runaway slaves.

ahhh...we from NC n NC culture jus dont mix in here, from the way u talk to ? , the style of dress, its not the greatest, but i mean if u like fine white ? (GOAT for a black man) then this the place for u dawg cuz we like gold out there. the college i go to is jus full of white people, asians n east indians n nigerian ? . its pretty slow in terms of partying n ? like they dont promote college only parties its mostly jus goin to the clubs.

so realistically im just here to grind n get my degree then its back to raleigh where i smash black women.

but its str8 tho, its a good experience since its so culturally diverse, its like a mini NY

o n @ shadbee, dats why im gettin a dual citizenship b4 i go back to the states. cuz as soon as china declares war or somethin im goin BACK to canada wit the quickness fam. lol
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    engineering? at NCSU u kno my ? Dexter? i aint gonna put his last name on blast but maybe u might know him lol that name is rare for a black man

Does it remind u of Russia lol
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Does it remind u of Russia lol

lol that ? reminds me of the actual show, he stayed gettin clowned on bout dat, but i heard NCSU is live tho? true or false
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ahhh...we from NC n NC culture jus dont mix in here, from the way u talk to ? , the style of dress, its not the greatest, but i mean if u like fine white ? (GOAT for a black man) then this the place for u dawg cuz we like gold out there. the college i go to is jus full of white people, asians n east indians n nigerian ? . its pretty slow in terms of partying n ? like they dont promote college only parties its mostly jus goin to the clubs.

so realistically im just here to grind n get my degree then its back to raleigh where i smash black women.

but its str8 tho, its a good experience since its so culturally diverse, its like a mini NY

o n @ shadbee, dats why im gettin a dual citizenship b4 i go back to the states. cuz as soon as china declares war or somethin im goin BACK to canada wit the quickness fam. lol

how is the snow in canada? i ? hate snow with a passion, and i feel like that would be the worst part of canada. im cool with being white womens gold and all that jazz.
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    how is the snow in canada? i ? hate snow with a passion, and i feel like that would be the worst part of canada. im cool with being white womens gold and all that jazz.

yo i no word of a lie, like i sear on my life......that we got 1 and a half feet of snow in 2 weeks, the weather is TERRIBLE its -20 celcius outside as we speak dawg, n its usually gt to -30 Celcius. thats another thing thats whack as ? especially the city im in.

"its a cold winter, yall ? better bundle up" - freeway

he was talkin bout my city cuz philly aint ? compared to here
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Morgan St.

Marketing Major
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I go to University of Washington in Seattle... lol I'm jealous of yall on the east coast and ? . I wanted to go to Georgetown... really Columbia but I'm just not smart enough.

But I should be transferring to USC (in Cali) soon if I get accepted. #6 Accounting program in the nation.. POW.
  • blackdemo
    edited December 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »

o n yea white girls is iight, i mean its good cuz in the states white girls are harder to get at imo, but once u start hittin em its not that great, not tryin to show off or say im a player or nothin but they so easy it gets kinda repeptitive, it jus makes me wanna go back to black lol, def not wifey material