Options
2»

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    All of them are great, Joyful Rebellion and Exit were 5 star classics but I like Atlantis as well, it's just that on that album he took more of Rock/Rap, singing approach than the other 2!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Yes! though for his choice of beats such as 4,3,2,1. But honestly, Joyful Rebellion is an undoubted classic as you state. I think that's his best album, the beat on The Love Song is flawless and then you look at how conscious he was on that album, dude's a genius.

f.e.d.s that track is nice and is a nice beat selection from him too.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Yes! though for his choice of beats such as 4,3,2,1. But honestly, Joyful Rebellion is an undoubted classic as you state. I think that's his best album, the beat on The Love Song is flawless and then you look at how conscious he was on that album, dude's a genius.

f.e.d.s that track is nice and is a nice beat selection from him too.

Hell yea man, The Love Song was very very well done, and needs not to be slept at all!!
  • Ninjaholik
    Ninjaholik Members Posts: 95
    edited November 2010
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    Just wondering how many people here actually go out and buy indie cds or at least buy the digital downloads and go to indie shows?

In order for there to be some balance we need to 1. support indie artists financially by buying their music and 2. spreading the word about them.

On that note- I just made a pledge to help fun the new Illus album. I've been a fan since I saw him open for Public Enemy on tour. Real dope emcee. Now he's got a new album coming out with Freddie Foxxx, Gift of Gab, Wordsworth, Eternia, Reef the Lost Cauze, Craig G and more.

If you dig his music show the brotha some love- Get a pair of limited edition sneakers designed by me by making a pledge to support my new 2011 album-http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1726788789/executive-produce-the-brand-new-illus-album-and-co-0

Yes i support Independent Artists. I went out and got Mic Club: The Curriculum. I support local DC GoGo artists to, out of respect for their independent grind.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ninjaholik wrote: »
    Yes i support Independent Artists. I went out and got Mic Club: The Curriculum. I support local DC GoGo artists to, out of respect for their independent grind.

I heard that album was nice???
  • Ninjaholik
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I heard that album was nice???

Lyrics iz incredible. A few decent beats, no worse than anybody elses. The joint wit Kool G Rap "allied Meta Forces" had a nice vbeat and so did "liberal arts" i liked "Behind enemy rhymes" to. But uh "master thesis" iz not tight like Tricky'z "hell is around the corner" listen to dem back to back Bis's beat just doeznt sound az natural and the bass aint az deep.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ninjaholik wrote: »
    Lyrics iz incredible. A few decent beats, no worse than anybody elses. The joint wit Kool G Rap "allied Meta Forces" had a nice vbeat and so did "liberal arts" i liked "Behind enemy rhymes" to. But uh "master thesis" iz not tight like Tricky'z "hell is around the corner" listen to dem back to back Bis's beat just doeznt sound az natural and the bass aint az deep.

I'll check it out if I can and youtube them tracks, thanks for the heads up :tu
  • Ninjaholik
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I'll check it out if I can and youtube them tracks, thanks for the heads up :tu

No Problem
  • Jsince90s
    Jsince90s Members Posts: 180
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Aint got dough for that but one extra fan i still good enough if your indie
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jsince90s wrote: »
    Aint got dough for that but one extra fan i still good enough if your indie

Word of mouth is especially good, you're right there. But they definitely still need the help, look at Blame One.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've copped this year (2010)

Black Milk - Album of The Year

Rah Digga - Classic

Bun B - Trill OG (Chopped & Screwed)

Roc Marciano - Marcberg

Kendrick Lamar - Overly Dedicated

Ski Beatz - 24 HR Karate School

? C - Naked Soul Of Sweet Jones

Little Brother - Leftback

Slum Village - Villa Manifesto

Madlib - Medicine Show Vols. 1 - 10

IDK if to include Pilot Talk 1 & 2 as indie releases... but I got 'em as well

getting new Large Professor next week hopefully

untitled.bmp
  • King45
    King45 Members Posts: 95
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Of course I do. Indie labels are the future of music.