So Feb 17th they will be revealing King Tut's DNA results

Options
13»

Comments

• DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Blah blah...PROVE IT. It's been 2 pages (on my settings) and all you've come up with is "that's not evidence...they werent black...etc etc etc" words mean nothing to me. I'm not religious I dont believe something because it sounds good. PROOF: Do you have it?

If so please supply it as I did. You cant argue with images that the people themselves draw, painted, composed, etc. At this time it's just time to put up or shut up. Prove to me they werent black as I have proved to you they were. And if you cant you cant. But the back-n-forth after 2 days is a waste.
    This is all about an irrational attachment to a notion that boosts your self esteem.
    Just as I said racist attitudes most of you dont even realize you have. Anytime black people do something or mention something a people has done that resembles their skin color it's "low self-esteem....the race card...an exaggeration..."

Yet when we talk about white men's achievements it's "important history...a major turning point in history...a celebration of the human condition and the potential of man" Funny how you harp and rant about how Christians cant supply any evidence for their beliefs yet they belief them anyway yet when asked to supply evidence for your irrational beliefs all you do is continue to "blahhh blahhh blahhhh." Are you so arrogant that you think your word means more to any rational person than 5000 year old definitions, major scholars, published works that were researched by experts in the field and not to mention COMMON SENSE?

You cant always be right KTULU sometimes a sign of intelligence is knowing when you're dead wrong. And at least in this debate, on this day in this time in space....YOU WERE PROVEN WRONG. Dont be so arrogant that you go trying to explain away ? with passive aggressive name calling (i.e. you're irrational and lack self-esteem).

If you cant prove your point just admit it and move on.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    asm_nationalgeographic.jpg

Egypt's black pharaohs ignored
    BY CHRISTINA BOYLE
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, January 20th 2008, 3:15 AM

Egypt was ruled by black pharaohs for nearly 100 years, but their role as leaders of the ancient civilization has been largely kept in the dark because of racism, according to this month's National Geographic magazine.

Scholars and historians have repeatedly failed to acknowledge the impact made by the group of kings who traveled from deep in Africa and conquered Egypt in 728 B.C., National Geographic says.

The Nubian kings, who came from an area of Africa that is mostly present-day Sudan, became the country's 25th dynasty and reunited Egypt, which had been torn apart by warlords.

The magazine claims the true impact of these rulers has never been widely accepted because European powers colonized the region in the 19th century and the role of the "darker skinned" conquerors was seen as irrelevant.

"For decades, historians flip-flopped: Either the black pharaohs were actually 'white,' or they were bumblers, their civilization a derivative off-shoot of true Egyptian culture," writes Robert Draper in National Geographic.

"The neglect of Nubian history reflected the bigoted world view of the times."

The story of the Nubians proves that African civilization was thriving in the ancient world, and intermingling and intermarriage with Egyptians was also reasonably common, the article says.

Some studies also have found that Egyptian pharaoh King Tutankhamun's grandmother, the 18th-dynasty Queen Tye, may have had Nubian heritage.

So basically WHITE PEOPLE (shocker) knew they were black just not "Wesley Snipes black" as I said before. So they swept the true history under the rug because of RACISM (or as you call it...just good white folks dealing with people with low self esteem). But for 100 years BLACK ASS NUBIAN MIDNIGHT SKIN COLORED BLACK ruled and there was no mistaking what color they were. But let me guess KTULU You know more than National Geographic and the NYDailyNews right? Once again just because they werent 12 o'clock midnight black doesnt mean they werent black.

So is this 2008 article outdated also? I mean it has been 2 whole years. Maybe last week some phantom scientist you worship has found out there was never as such thing as Egypt period lol
  • paranom
    paranom Members Posts: 15
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Like I said, I've been trolling you the entire time. Put down the feelings you've caught.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why is it every time you lose an argument you claim you were "trolling?" When you are making a fool of Jesus Freaks and making them look as dumb as they are (which admittedly isnt too hard) you never claim to be trolling. But when you feel you're being made an ass off (by OBFresh the last time she tore in to you and whoever that little ? is that was beefing with you when you FAKE RETIRED) all-of-the-sudden you pretend you were just "trolling" and claim the other person was "catching feelings."

Funny how when you have the upper hand you're just plain ol' KTULU but when somebody makes you feel stupid all the sudden "you're just trolling." You like a fat kid who hits on a little girl and then finally has the ? to pick on a dude and soon as he gets hit back he's like, "I WAS JUST PLAYIN HOMIE DONT GET MAD & BEAT MY ASS, I BE DOIN DAT ? SUMTIMES. LETS HUG AND BE FRIENDS."
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    all very interesting... I was debating with someone on whether or not Imhotep was black... Guy didn't wanna believe he was black
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Because smart people who research DNA and did extensive study on this say so and I believe them because unlike you and the other dude they dont have a "take my word for it" approach to what they view as fact.
    i thought they broke it down into three racial groups and called the Asians and the Native Americans members of that same group?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i thought they broke it down into three racial groups and called the Asians and the Native Americans members of that same group?

Maybe so. I was going by memory with all except the parts I copy pasted. But the Native Americans did come from Asians though when North America was going through the ice age.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why is it every time you lose an argument

I've never lost an argument.
  • janklow
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe so. I was going by memory with all except the parts I copy pasted. But the Native Americans did come from Asians though when North America was going through the ice age.
    i mostly recall them all getting labeled as "Mongoloids" because it's not the most endearing of terms
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honestly, does it really matter in 2010 what color King Tut was?

So what if he was Black?

So what if he was White?

So what if he was neither?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i mostly recall them all getting labeled as "Mongoloids" because it's not the most endearing of terms
    LOL yeah, who wants to be a Mongoloid?
    xtraill wrote: »
    Honestly, does it really matter in 2010 what color King Tut was?

So what if he was Black?

So what if he was White?

So what if he was neither?

I'd agree if this was a universal belief. Why not make Jesus an Asian man then since it doesnt matter? Lets make Malcolm X Mexican when we depict him? Why is that "it doesnt matter what his race is" is only said when it's black people involved. Any other race and we make damn sure we got the right color.

Why does it not matter what the race is when they're describing some black guy that got arrested on TV? They make sure the world sees a black mans face. But when it's positive we supposed to be on some heal the world ? . ? that...
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Malcolm Dos Equis
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL yeah, who wants to be a Mongoloid?

I'd agree if this was a universal belief. Why not make Jesus an Asian man then since it doesnt matter? Lets make Malcolm X Mexican when we depict him? Why is that "it doesnt matter what his race is" is only said when it's black people involved. Any other race and we make damn sure we got the right color.

Why does it not matter what the race is when they're describing some black guy that got arrested on TV? They make sure the world sees a black mans face. But when it's positive we supposed to be on some heal the world ? . ? that...

I don't know any Asians who want to Jesus to be depicted as Asian (because it probably doesn't matter to them).
    And I damn sure don't know any Mexicans who want to depict Malcolm X as such (that is downright stupid since we definitely know he was Black).

If some guy was arrested and he was Black, I have said the same thing, why does it matter!

But those 3 things are of a different context than trying to find out a dead persons race.......

I'm really just trying to figure out what kind of positives are to be gained by finding out that a pharaoh who died 3,333 years ago is a certain color?
  • janklow
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why not make Jesus an Asian man then since it doesnt matter? Lets make Malcolm X Mexican when we depict him?
    well, in fairness, while the race of Jesus gets disputed, no one disputes the ethnic background of Malcolm X
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Malcolm X was Irish, obviously.
  • janklow
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    Malcolm X was Irish, obviously.
    would that be Black Irish?