Who was bigger: Lil Wayne in 08', 50 Cent in 03', or Em in 00'?

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Em.. word to whiteness
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    The fact is Pop music dominated...until Em.

The controversy pf mmlp helped him tho
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The fact is Pop music dominated...until Em.

But Em was also basically Pop. I didnt buy the album but all the singles were def pop leaning
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    But Em was also basically Pop. I didnt buy the album but all the singles were def pop leaning

Only the reAl slim shady.

U don't have the mmlp?
  • bmoreeast
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only the reAl slim shady.

U don't have the mmlp?

See that tells u how much i know bout Em, i dont even know which albums had which songs, lol. I just know when he first came out he was heavily pop, i actually thought he would be a novelty. But i like Em as a rapper i just dont like his production, its either real Dark or real pop. So thats y i never brought any of them
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    See that tells u how much i know bout Em, i dont even know which albums had which songs, lol. I just know when he first came out he was heavily pop, i actually thought he would be a novelty. But i like Em as a rapper i just dont like his production, its either real Dark or real pop. So thats y i never brought any of them

Aight cool, but he was HUGE In 00'....
  • bmoreeast
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "The Marshall Mathers LP was released in May 2000. It went on to sell 1.76 million copies in its first week, breaking the records set by Snoop Dogg's ? as the fastest-selling hip hop album and Britney Spears' ...Baby One More Time as the fastest-selling solo album in United States history."

In July 2000, Eminem became the first white person to be featured on the cover of The Source magazine. The Marshall Mathers LP aold 10.2 million .

Britney was at the her peak...and a rapper dethroned her fam.

I feel you and im not disputing it. Wat im saying is Em dethroning Britney is like saying the Backstreet Boyz dethroning Nsync. Its just one pop artist dethroning another he was supposed to do that. Yeah he was hot but not in the hood ( not tryna sound cliche cz its not all about the hood ) ppl talked about him but not like that. Now when 50 dropped he took Hip hop by storm. Em has proven hisself over time but he was more hotter on the Pop side of things then on the Rap side back then
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    EM: 1.76 million copies first week
    7.9 million copies by the end of 2000

50: 872,000 copies first week
    6.5 million copies by end of 2003

Wayne: 1,005,545 copies first week
    2.88 million copies by end of 2008

not hatin on 50 cause dude was all over but how can ppl say he was bigger than Em when u put the numbers up against each other

We're not going by numbers, we're talking personal experience. When Eminem dropped, no one cared where I'm from. Actually, I learned most of what I know about Eminem from the IC. I had no idea he dropped so many albums, and people actually listened to him like that. ? , I didn't even know people cared so much about album sales like most everyone here seems to do.
    genstasia wrote: »
    it's not just about numbers... Cuz honestly i still havent heard nobody play an Em album where im from...

This.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We're not going by numbers, we're talking personal experience. When Eminem dropped, no one cared where I'm from. Actually, I learned most of what I know about Eminem from the IC. I had no idea he dropped so many albums, and people actually listened to him like that. ? , I didn't even know people cared so much about album sales like most everyone here seems to do.

The world is bigger then where u live, just saying. I voted 50 btw....
  • RickMillsNSP
    RickMillsNSP Members Posts: 46
    edited October 2010
    Options
    imma have to go with 50....everybody was anticipatin 50.....When Wanksta dropped,it was closed Curtains, he didnt just have one particular audience, somehow his music was accepted by mainstream and he took full advantage.....lls, too much advantage u ask me.
  • RickMillsNSP
    RickMillsNSP Members Posts: 46
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i think the poll says it all rite now
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It would be 50 then Em..then Nelly, then Wayne...in the 2000's
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Fif set the hood on fire in 03.
    Goin with Get Rich > Slim Shady LP > Carter 3
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wayne and baby lied on behind the music..... Why am i not surprised?

? wayne did 1.5 bruh
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    numbers dont say that sis....

so all that was a lie huh??? If so thats ? up
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    50's buzz was one of the biggest ever, so I'll say him.

50 was more of a phenomenom than Weezy and Em.

50 almost reached MC Hammer's level of stardom without going pop like Hammer.
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? to the max..... Wayne and 50 buzz was 2 different types of buzz.... Honestly... With the Internet you didnt have to be subjected to the Wayne ? . You could turn off ur radio and TV and still enjoy other artist.... With 50... not so much because the Internet wasn't as popular back then... you HAD to hear 50 because ppl main source of music was the radio and he had that on lock WITHOUT 1002 features.... Plus Wayne still havent tapped into clothing and sneakers.... As lame as G Unit wear is now all the white boys was wearing G Unit appareal and ? had the bootlegg spinner G Unit chains and belt buckles.... when u talk about impact it's bigger than sales its about how u affected the culture.... PLUS What Wayne did with Mixtapes 50 did it first...

G Unit clothing went outta business in 2008 and while it existed from 2004-2008 it was a joint venture with Ecko so the profits were split between 50 & Ecko but when it was around it was popular in the Suburbs

Eminem has had Shady LTD clothing since 2003 to this very day it exists is popular to Sububan fan's of Eminem especially and is sold in Macy's Eminem also own's is the CEO of Shade 45 Radio, CEO of Shady Records which has had Artists including 50 Cent that have sold Multi Platinum Album after Album if you check the numbers very few Album's released on Shady Records have sold less than Multi Platinum wether it be from 50 Cent, Obie Trice or D12

50 Cent as a CEO of G Unit records has struggled only a few Artists like Lloyd Banks and Young Buck have sold Platinum while other releases have sold below Gold and some Artists have not even released an Album like Spider Loc Shady Records has out sold G Unit records by such a large amount

50 Cent had a sneaker deal with Reebok however Eminem had a sneaker deal with Nike he actually designed sneakers for Nike and had his own collection of endorsed Nike & Jordan sneakers

Eminem as an Actor broke box office records and generated millions in profit with his 8 Mlle movie while many of 50 Cent's movies have been un popular and went straight to DVD

Eminem made history with Lose Yourself breaking the record for being number One on the Billboard Chart for the longest and won an Oscar for it and has had other number One Singles like Not Afraid too where as 50 Cent hasn't had as many succesful Chart Hit's like Eminem

Eminem has healined sell out Stadium Tours worldwide the Anger Managment Tours while 50 nor any other Artist has had Tours on that level as far as packing out Stadiums around the world with 70-100K people attending

Eminem's book's like Angry Blonde & The Way I Am have out sold 50 Cent's autobiography

50 Cent himself stated publicly everytime he makes money from his business ventures Eminem get's a share of the profits

You can't compare them Eminem from 1999 up till now has been a worldwide superstar as far as sales, popularity, business, acting, Hit's he was the pin up poster boy for teenage girls and had some of his fan's actually dye their hair blonde

He was on TV all day on MTV, TRL, Radio he was just the biggest start in Music from the last decade
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    G Unit clothing went outta business in 2008 and while it existed from 2004-2008 it was a joint venture with Ecko so the profits were split between 50 & Ecko but when it was around it was popular in the Suburbs

Eminem has had Shady LTD clothing since 2003 to this very day it exists is popular to Sububan fan's of Eminem especially and is sold in Macy's Eminem also own's is the CEO of Shade 45 Radio, CEO of Shady Records which has had Artists including 50 Cent that have sold Multi Platinum Album after Album if you check the numbers very few Album's released on Shady Records have sold less than Multi Platinum wether it be from 50 Cent, Obie Trice or D12

50 Cent as a CEO of G Unit records has struggled only a few Artists like Lloyd Banks and Young Buck have sold Platinum while other releases have sold below Gold and some Artists have not even released an Album like Spider Loc Shady Records has out sold G Unit records by such a large amount

50 Cent had a sneaker deal with Reebok however Eminem had a sneaker deal with Nike he actually designed sneakers for Nike and had his own collection of endorsed Nike & Jordan sneakers

Eminem as an Actor broke box office records and generated millions in profit with his 8 Mlle movie while many of 50 Cent's movies have been un popular and went straight to DVD

Eminem made history with Lose Yourself breaking the record for being number One on the Billboard Chart for the longest and won an Oscar for it and has had other number One Singles like Not Afraid too where as 50 Cent hasn't had as many succesful Chart Hit's like Eminem

Eminem has healined sell out Stadium Tours worldwide the Anger Managment Tours while 50 nor any other Artist has had Tours on that level as far as packing out Stadiums around the world with 70-100K people attending

Eminem's book's like Angry Blonde & The Way I Am have out sold 50 Cent's autobiography

50 Cent himself stated publicly everytime he makes money from his business ventures Eminem get's a share of the profits

You can't compare them Eminem from 1999 up till now has been a worldwide superstar as far as sales, popularity, business, acting, Hit's he was the pin up poster boy for teenage girls and had some of his fan's actually dye their hair blonde

He was on TV all day on MTV, TRL, Radio he was just the biggest start in Music from the last decade

You could make ? riding a job. I mean seriously you are amazing at what you do......... I mean if someone was ? riding me as hard as you are on Em I would pay them
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think 50. I remember when he firsr dropped "in da club" i was in the 7th grade. and to this day I remember clearly how HUGE that ? was in his prime.

then I'd say wayne in 08. tha carter III was the anthem of summer 08. when i think of what was really poppin in 08, wayne is at the top of the list.

Then I'd say Em, cuz that was 10 yrs ago and I honestly just dont remember that far ago.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would say Em in 2002 was bigger than all three..... but for the thread I would say 50 in 03, Em in 2000 then Lil Wayne in 08..
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Eminem sold 1.8 million albums in a week.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I would say Em in 2002 was bigger than all three..... but for the thread I would say 50 in 03, Em in 2000 then Lil Wayne in 08..

hell yeah, I forgot like ? .

EMINEM show- 7 mil
    8 mile soundtrack-4 mil

My man hade the number one song, movie, and album, and number 4 album in the same week. Can't get much bigger than that.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hell yeah, I forgot like ? .

EMINEM show- 7 mil
    8 mile soundtrack-4 mil

My man hade the number one song, movie, and album, and number 4 album in the same week. Can't get much bigger than that.
    Yeah the Movie 8 Mile did 57 million the first week is record opening for an R rated movie in history IDK if that record still stands....
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Bump..........
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i don't remember eminem in 00's and would like to forget wayne in 08, but i do recall 50 in 03. every car was bumping get rich