Maino - What's Poppin' Produced by Calico

Options
calico_
calico_ Members Posts: 133
edited December 2010 in Fresh Produce
New Joint I produced for Maino's Art of War Mixtape. I actually didnt know i was on the mixtape until Amadeus tweeted it. I really dont like the song too much but if its helping me get my name out there then im all for it. I think i made this beat back in early 2009.

Instrumental
http://www.zshare.net/audio/8075377412bbfa03/

http://www.platinumboymusic.com/2010/09/mainos-art-of-war-feat-whats-poppin.html

Comments

• 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i just listened to it. it sounds good.

do you get paid if they use your beats on they mixtape?
  • scotty b
    scotty b Members Posts: 216
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this beat is fire so far.. and im in the intro... yea this is official... i like this song and i dont like Maino... yea dope ? ...
  • calico_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i just listened to it. it sounds good.

do you get paid if they use your beats on they mixtape?

man to be honest I don't even know. Some artist may pay, some may not. In this case i know my ass didn't get paid. lol Its all good though because right now im trying to build up my resume' gotta start somewhere.
  • drematic
    drematic Members Posts: 234
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so calico, do you let amadeus shop your music for you and yall share co-producer credits? cuz he took all the credit for this junt here.
  • calico_
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yeah we're suppose to..but from the looks of thangs it seems like he kinda did.But i think its unintentional. Like on twitter he tweeted produced by me and him but i guess things got lost in the sauce so to speak because he is signed to BadBoy as one of the hitmen; so his name shines a little brighter than mine.
  • drematic
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i can understand. i wouldn't make a big deal out of it since it's on a mixtape but if it ends up on the album i would probably trip. glad to see you making moves though mane.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ah, the badboy hitmen...... the cat who taught me the music game, carlos broady, 1st got on with the hitmen through Nasheim Myrick, who was his manager at the time. my ? 'los was doing the beats, but had to piggy-back his credits wit' nasheim. I inadvertently got caught up in that ? when I started on a beat at carlos' house one day, and he finished it up with the drums. this would eventually become the track for "what's beef", to which I received co-production credits (but no money). if it hadn't been for 'los speakin' up to them ? , they wouldn't have even put my name on it. me being such a young ? at the time, I knew nothing about registering myself with ascap or bmi, or inquiring about getting paid for my work. as it turned out, damn near none of the cats who worked on that album got paid. to make a long story short, make sure you and amadaeus are on the same page regarding how your work is represented, cuz puff -n 'em dpn't give a ? , bruh.....

oh, that junt is hot my ?
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ok, i dont knoow if its just me, but ? zshare is gettin on my ? nerves with that wheel of fortune ? ....but honestly the beat sounds waaaay better without Maino, maybe he was ? or somethin surrounded by yes men, but the beat is dope as usual. Start, middle, end.
  • drematic
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ah, the badboy hitmen...... the cat who taught me the music game, carlos broady, 1st got on with the hitmen through Nasheim Myrick, who was his manager at the time. my ? 'los was doing the beats, but had to piggy-back his credits wit' nasheim. I inadvertently got caught up in that ? when I started on a beat at carlos' house one day, and he finished it up with the drums. this would eventually become the track for "what's beef", to which I received co-production credits (but no money). if it hadn't been for 'los speakin' up to them ? , they wouldn't have even put my name on it. me being such a young ? at the time, I knew nothing about registering myself with ascap or bmi, or inquiring about getting paid for my work. as it turned out, damn near none of the cats who worked on that album got paid. to make a long story short, make sure you and amadaeus are on the same page regarding how your work is represented, cuz puff -n 'em don't give a ? , bruh.....

oh, that junt is hot my ?

grundy did dat, so hopefully you won't have to go through dat!

kinda related, i guess...

[video=vimeo;12826903]

[video=vimeo;12683672]
  • TheSouthrnGent
    TheSouthrnGent Members Posts: 37
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good looks on the placement Calico...like everyone else has said, just make sure the paper work is legit.....

Side Note: I've been thinkin bout startin my "Beat A Day" thread back up since I have a little more time on my hands.....ya digg?!!???!! LoL

As a challenge to myself, but also to get this forum poppin again.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good looks on the placement Calico...like everyone else has said, just make sure the paper work is legit.....

Side Note: I've been thinkin bout startin my "Beat A Day" thread back up since I have a little more time on my hands.....ya digg?!!???!! LoL

As a challenge to myself, but also to get this forum poppin again.

That's a good idea, southrn gent! Show 'em how it's done!!!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the cat who taught me the music game, carlos broady, 1st got on with the hitmen through Nasheim Myrick, who was his manager at the time. my ? 'los was doing the beats, but had to piggy-back his credits wit' nasheim. I inadvertently got caught up in that ? when I started on a beat at carlos' house one day, and he finished it up with the drums. this would eventually become the track for "what's beef", to which I received co-production credits (but no money).

WHAT

Nobody else did a double take at this ? ? What's Beef? THAT What's Beef? Biggie What's Beef? Seriously? You're playin....

8. What's Beef?
    Produced by Carlos "July Six" Broady & Nashiem Myrick
    Co-produced by Paragon
    Contains sample of "I Glad You're Mine" performed by Al Green
    Contains sample of "Can You Rock It Like This" performed by Run-DMC

??? So "Paragon" was you?
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    WHAT

Nobody else did a double take at this ? ? What's Beef? THAT What's Beef? Biggie What's Beef? Seriously? You're playin....

8. What's Beef?
    Produced by Carlos "July Six" Broady & Nashiem Myrick
    Co-produced by Paragon
    Contains sample of "I Glad You're Mine" performed by Al Green
    Contains sample of "Can You Rock It Like This" performed by Run-DMC

??? So "Paragon" was you?
    yup, that's me........I chopped the sample and broady laced the drums
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Congrats Calico!

If Maino asked me to do a track for his mixtape, I'd do it for free as well.

This could be the springboard to some wealthy ? to come.

Big Ups.
  • jrbtheproducer
    jrbtheproducer Members Posts: 82
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yup, that's me........I chopped the sample and broady laced the drums

WHOA..................

man.....................
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i cant een lie, that ? is another kind of crazy that a ? on the ic has credit on a biggie song...

also congrats to calico...
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i cant een lie, that ? is another kind of crazy that a ? on the ic has credit on a biggie song...

also congrats to calico...

I been in this forum since the old head back in 2004. I remember this ? use to come in here and talk ? and came at me. He was holla'in about how official he was and how he was about to blow up. Long story short. Him and his partner been doing it for a while on the low. Pizzy from Mysto and Pizzy. Them ? getting that good bread. They are the ones that did the Geico commercial and a bunch of other ? . Mad props from me.
  • a_mad
    a_mad Members Posts: 13
    edited December 2010
    Options
    hot beat man!!!
    really like the song