If MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL... WHAT/WHO IS THE DEVIL?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Isnt the devil the prince of darkness?... The total opposite of ? ?... So why isnt the devil the root of all evil?

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited December 2010
    Options
    this is silly

money is the root of all evil comes from the fact that Judas' betrayal was motivated by money

Judas was ? off that Jesus poured out an expensive ass bootle of perfume

Judas also was in charge of holding the money bag when they traveled. dude was,,uhhhhh,enamored,jaded or whatever by money
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Isnt the devil the prince of darkness?... The total opposite of ? ?... So why isnt the devil the root of all evil?

Because he needs something to influence people with. No-one is going to bow down to satan for nothing. lol

shock posting

lol where is your avatar from?
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited December 2010
    Options

well, the love of money is the root of all evil, when ppl start giving in to their lusts whatever it may be, it will bring on sin, & the devil is there to tempt you of your lusts so when you give in to that ? he is right there... It all falls on that person, the devil can't make anyone do anything other than tempting them w/their lusts.

1 Timothy 6:10
    For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

James 1:13-15 (King James Version)

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of ? : for ? cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own ? , and enticed.

15Then when ? hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Well, without lots of lots of money Churches wouldn't exist so...
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Maybe i shouldn't be surprised, but the sheer number of times folk misquote that verse is surprising. I hear it being cited often by peeps on radio, internet and everywhere else and 99% of the time say it wrong! lol.

there must be fewer ppl in the world that actually read the bible than what i thought.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Money is the root of all evil isnt the correct term

it's the love of money which is the root of all evil

What's the difference?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Maybe i shouldn't be surprised, but the sheer number of times folk misquote that verse is surprising. I hear it being cited often by peeps on radio, internet and everywhere else and 99% of the time say it wrong! lol.

there must be fewer ppl in the world that actually read the bible than what i thought.

Yeah, in the WORLD there is fewer. You think everyone has a copy or somehow should magically know the Word of ? and think it's impossible for them to NOT know.

What verse is misinterpreted? Because to me, you're misinterpreting a verse in another thread. *shrugs*
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    What's the difference?

The fact that some people will do ANYTHING for it(cheat, lie, steal, ? , sell their own children)..all those are acts are satanic influence.
    The thing about it you have some pastors that'll preach prosperity, think they're doing The Most High's work by teaching tithing, helping the community(underprivileged), but some will only think of themselves and buy big mansions, Rolls Royce, private jets...you know the usual suspects in the prosperity movement so I'm not gonna make a list.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Money itself isn't evil

Placing love, faith, and trust into money is.

Read up on the Deadly Sins

I know all the deadly sins and how they work. I'm just wondering what constitutes 'loving money'. I hear people correcting that phrase all the time, and I can't help but think these people are just in denial. lol Would you say a millionaire would not be guilty of loving money?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Money itself isn't evil

Placing love, faith, and trust into money is.

Read up on the Deadly Sins

Don't.

http://www.gotquestions.org/seven-deadly-sins.html
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The fact that some people will do ANYTHING for it(cheat, lie, steal, ? , sell their own children)..all those are acts are satanic influence.
    The thing about it you have some pastors that'll preach prosperity, think they're doing The Most High's work by teaching tithing, helping the community(underprivileged), but some will only think of themselves and buy big mansions, Rolls Royce, private jets...you know the usual suspects in the prosperity movement so I'm not gonna make a list.

Cosign. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. So when we thank the Lord for His abundant blessings, we are giving the just honor due to the king that provided it in the first place. When you love money, the money is your ? . The true and living ? has been replaced by an idol that can't hear, speak, or walk. ? says that, "The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty." (Haggai 2:8) So everything belongs to Him. Money was created by ? . But when you replace the love that your SUPPOSE to have for ? with and idol, it is an abomination. Which ultimately will be worthy of hell fire. ? bless.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Jay Z is the devil it has been clearly documented.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Trick question, neither money nor love of money are the "root of all evil".
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    What's Love got to do with it? IMO anyone who's got lots and lots of money isn't really in Love with said money. -- more so what said monies buys that millionaire.

What really is money then? When the bible says "money" is the root of all evil, what is it really referring to? The green printed bills that we call money? (mind you didn't exist when the bible was written) Or the things we use money to trade for? I highly doubt the bible is referring to paper cash rather than materialism.
  • Chike
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    LOVE is the root of all EVIL.

Hey! Love backwards is evol.
    Evil backwards is live.
    Hmmmmmmm

lol no.... just... no.
  • MERYLISGOAT
    MERYLISGOAT Members Posts: 781
    edited December 2010
    Options
    then greed is the seed
    this aint living!
    we taking cause aint nobody giving
    america is a rich mans vision but a poor mans prison
    so dont expect these politicians to give us a ? to ? in
    preacher man stop preaching cause ? aint finna listen
    -pats justice
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    actually it says that the love of money is the root of all evil, not money in itself.

ok, even so...

Why is the love of money and not the devil the root?.. I mean he did commit the 1st sin and cause adam and even to sin...