What was the Arcade that you went to like in your city?

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
Back in Daygo we had Wonderland... I would go every Sunday after church cause it was right next to Hometown buffet. It was 5 cents and you can play any Arcade game... ? couldnt see me in Tekken 3 or Samurai Showdown... I also was always trying to get the most tickets at the basketball shoting game so i could get the bike that be costin 3,000 tickets...

Name your Arcades... It can be Chuckie Cheese or anything...
What what your favorite game... was it House of the Dead shooting games?
how long would you stay there

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

This is our current arcade, smh they sold the Street Fighter 4 machines to a arcade in Cali

One of the people that work there broke the Tekken 6 machine but we still got Tekken 6 BR

2 Tekken 5's,Marvel vs Capcom 2

Our main arcade used to be Wizards but they closed in the late 90's, GOAT arcade in MI, used to be the official arcade for location tests in the Midwest for Capcom and Namco

I grew up right across the street from it
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Growing up in Seattle I went to one at the mall called Silver Coin. Then there was one by my house call the Command Center. The Silver Coin was always packed because it was the mall, but Command Center was in a business neighborhood, so it was always empty. When I was really young it was Street Fighter2 Turbo, Xmen, TMNT, and Captain Commando. As a teen I moved up to play Time Crisis, or Virtua Cop, of course House of the dead. I then got a job at Family fun Center, and would play games like Tekken or MArvel Vs Capcom on my breaks. Now at 27 I go to Gameworks near my job in Downtown Seattle on my lunchbreaks. They have all the new games for the Arcade. The SFIV tournaments are crazy. I love console gaming, but arcades is where it started from!!
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    we got a Dave and Busters here now too, its more of a spot you bring a date though than a real arcade
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it was called West End.. the only ? i can remember we use to walk up there with 5 beans and go hard on Run N Gun..and probably a couple of shooting games..

During middle school we use to gotothe comic shop and play the NEOGEO game they had there.. Also we had this Deli right across the street where we would play willow and some game that escapes my mind.. all i know the guy looked like a geek with a gun..

Around the way when the Koreans owned the corner store.. they had Mario Bros 3.. i think and them ? wa cheap as ? because that ? had a time limit on it.. liek word up it was a seperate little counter above the screen....i might have played once.. that ? was terrible.. cheap ?

and my father use to take use to Funland or whatever that ? was called.. ? was a super arcade.. good times
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it was called West End.. the only ? i can remember we use to walk up there with 5 beans and go hard on Run N Gun..and probably a couple of shooting games..

During middle school we use to gotothe comic shop and play the NEOGEO game they had there.. Also we had this Deli right across the street where we would play willow and some game that escapes my mind.. all i know the guy looked like a geek with a gun..

Around the way when the Koreans owned the corner store.. they had Mario Bros 3.. i think and them ? wa cheap as ? because that ? had a time limit on it.. liek word up it was a seperate little counter above the screen....i might have played once.. that ? was terrible.. cheap ?

and my father use to take use to Funland or whatever that ? was called.. ? was a super arcade.. good times

They probably got tired of the lil ? coming in there winning at Mario 3 all the time. You know you can play that game for hours and not die once.
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was actually at that tournament in that Free1up video but I dont see me

Its Family Fun Center in Oakland Mall

SMH I miss the days when even 7-11s had arcade machines

That Seattle Gameworks sounds dope,

we had one at Great Lakes here but it closed down lol they spent like 35 stacks on this shooting game that went up and down like a elevator.

And it costed 5 bucks per play lol
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my arcade in the burbs>>>>>>better than your pinball machine and dusty ass Operation Wolf at the pizza shop.
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    man.. all the memories

here in japan the japaense be showing respect cause i be gettin them in Tekken 6 and VF5... the difference is that you can smoke in there and they have a lot of yu gi oh like car games that come to life
    bcotton you should come to japan and play in their tournaments... its not that easy down here
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    man.. all the memories

here in japan the japaense be showing respect cause i be gettin them in Tekken 6 and VF5... the difference is that you can smoke in there and they have a lot of yu gi oh like car games that come to life
    bcotton you should come to japan and play in their tournaments... its not that easy down here

Japan arcades are way better they got 5 story arcades and streets with nothing but arcades on it

[video=vimeo;15861064]

They used to let us smoke in Wizards too

lol I cant ? wit them JPN dudes they make the best players in the US look like rookies

[video=vimeo;17833130]
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Shiiiiiiit, we just played the arcade games at movie theaters until stores started having console demos
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    true.. but youll be suprise on how much respect youll get when you beat them in SF4... since youre on opposite ends if they lose theyll come over and shake your hand...
    and since im black they be like " I lost to a ? ?"...lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Shiiiiiiit, we just played the arcade games at movie theaters until stores started having console demos

Real ? .. House of Dead,, that shooting game and boxing game that you had to stand on the mat and use your own movements.. were the illest..
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Real ? .. House of Dead,, that shooting game and boxing game that you had to stand on the mat and use your own movements.. were the illest..

lol they got that game at Dave and Busters I always feel like an idiot when I play it lol

I beat Time Crisis so many times I still got the whole game memorized to this day
  • sandiegohiphophustle
    sandiegohiphophustle Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Daygo stand up! I use to love Wonderland back in the Mortal Kombat 2 days! Them nickle arcades were the ? ! I lived on bates street so the one on University was a short walk away.
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Daygo stand up! I use to love Wonderland back in the Mortal Kombat 2 days! Them nickle arcades were the ? ! I lived on bates street so the one on University was a short walk away.

i know where youre from... i havent been home in a while though... i used to go to the one on university and the arcades in plaza bonita
  • Bcotton5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my arcade in the burbs>>>>>>better than your pinball machine and dusty ass Operation Wolf at the pizza shop.

lol nice alias

I doubt arcades will ever come back in the US. The economy is too ? up
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I went to a daycare that had pinball machines & arcades. They had Robocop, The Main Event (wrestling game by Konami), and Bad Dudes while I was there. Good times! But pretty much every movie theater & mall had an arcade gallery until around 99. There's a Gameworks in the mall downtown that was supposed to get a big boost, don't know if it ever did or not. It was originally called Sega City. We just now got a Dave & Busters in '09 that's pretty nice but needs more recent games.
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    in japan we have a city called "Akiba" ? a nerds ?