Do Yall think that WCW shouldve ended the NWO angle after Starrcade 97?

Options
2»

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    new world order 4 life
    nwo.jpg

straight disrespected the belt lol vince wouldve never let that rock with the WWF belt

the spinner belt and the stone cold smoking skull belt are really taking liberties with the belt

the spray paint was an angle,,,NWO was meant to be a seperate organization if you remember. they were gonna have they're own show and thats why they got they're own PPV's.
    so spray painting the belt went with the angle of another organization takin over.

the spinner belt is jus one man having a G Unit fixation
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? with all the superstars WCW had you cant blame that ? on him. They still had DDP, Sting,Luger,Flair,Bret Hart. Blame it on ? booking

ddp/sting/flair/bret hart going through the nwo was not going to be the same. goldberg hurting himself ? everything up.
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    ddp/sting/flair/bret hart going through the nwo was not going to be the same. goldberg hurting himself ? everything up.

C'mon man, aint no excuse in the world for having that many stars and not being able to book a quality show
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    C'mon man, aint no excuse in the world for having that many stars and not being able to book a quality show

cosign 100%, even the jobbers on WCW Saturday Night was some what talent. WCW had horrible booking, ? didnt even push Bret really nor capitalize on a Hogan vs Bret match
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    outside of flair them other dudes where nwo members tho at times
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    outside of flair them other dudes where nwo members tho at times

DDP and Sting were not in the NWO at that time
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wait

DDP was NWO at one point???

i thought DDP and Goldberg were the only 2 to never "put on the shirt" during the original run

not DDP,The People's Champ
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    wait

DDP was NWO at one point???

i thought DDP and Goldberg were the only 2 to never "put on the shirt" during the original run

not DDP,The People's Champ

No, i just meant sting. ddp never joined
  • Chillin&Postin
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No, i just meant sting. ddp never joined

whew
    thats what i thought

cuz i remember what made me a fan of DDP was his run where he had the busted up ribs,,wearing the tape,ripped jeans and ? ass mullet.
    he would take on the NWO every week in the ring by himself handing out diamond cutters

i still think sting had no biz joining the wolfpack though...? was jus uncalled for. he was more wcw than anybody,even flair.
  • T. Sanford
    edited February 2011
    Options
    whew
    thats what i thought

cuz i remember what made me a fan of DDP was his run where he had the busted up ribs,,wearing the tape,ripped jeans and ? ass mullet.
    he would take on the NWO every week in the ring by himself handing out diamond cutters
    i still think sting had no biz joining the wolfpack though...? was jus uncalled for. he was more wcw than anybody,even flair.[/QUOTE]

@ 1st bolded, thats why when Jamacia said that the writers was about to give Goldberg the angle that he'll take out every NWO member after the finger point of doom but he got injured from punchinga window, that they shouldve gave that angle to DDP.

@ 2nd bolded, cosign. that just explains how horrible booking was in WCW, Sting shouldnt have any affilation with anything that said NWO, even if its wolfpack. during that time dude shouldve been the frontrunner for WCW
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yeah, i remember DDP and Luger used to fight the nWo by themselves and then get stomped. DDP used to come out the crowd and sneak a Diamond Cutter on someone nWo and escape through the crowd when the other members came out.

Luger eventually gave in and put on the shirt.

Even the Horsemen felt the wrath of the nWo and got stomped out on the regular. That was discussed in the Horsemen DVD, where Flair knew it was at the very end when Bischoff allowed the nWo to crush the NWA/WCW supergroup without any problem.

Sting should have stayed WCW and never associated himself with anything nWo. Going from the Crow Sting to wearing black and red facepaint was odd. He went from being an enigma to acting like the old Sting but looking like The Crow.

But I guess you get jacked up booking when members of the nWo was booking and running everything in their favor.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    whew
    thats what i thought

i still think sting had no biz joining the wolfpack though...? was jus uncalled for. he was more wcw than anybody,even flair.

lmaooo....
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sting should've never joined the Wolfpack. WCW never passed the torch to Sting until it was the litteral end. I could never buy DDP being threat to NWO either, could've gone with Booker T but he was feuding with his brother and becoming G.I. Bro.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options

yeah you're right but my point was that goldberg going through the entire group by himself would have been the ending to the nwo angle.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    yeah you're right but my point was that goldberg going through the entire group by himself would have been the ending to the nwo angle.

Shid i doubt that. NWO 2000..........
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Shoulda ended at Starcade.

Even Eric Bischoff himself said he seen the writing on the wall and wanted it to end after Starcade '97
  • T. Sanford
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Shoulda ended at Starcade.

Even Eric Bischoff himself said he seen the writing on the wall and wanted it to end after Starcade '97

What was Eric Bischoff position at WCW?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    What was Eric Bischoff position at WCW?

Executive Vice President
  • T. Sanford
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Executive Vice President

could he have an effect or do anything about the storylines in WCW?
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    he couldnt have an effect or do anything about the storylines in WCW?

He was the boss so whatever he wanted he could have got. I dont think he ended the NWO because it was still making money and keeping WCW ahead in the ratings
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? the NWO. especially after the Wolf Pack left.
    It was all about the BWO back then