Official NBA Trade Deadline thread.

Options

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    This just in...Moe Williams seen screaming "Thank You Based ? !" out the sunroof of his limo taking him to the airport.

mowilliamsbasedgod.jpg
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You either...

A. Never watch the Hawks

or

B. Are the 3,456th ? to click on this thread and think JORDAN is the same as JAMAL Crawford. lol

Or all the above.

The whole point in bringing Bibby to ATL in the first place was to bring a veteran presence and help them win in the playoffs -- besides playing well against Boston (took them to seven games the year they won it all, and swept the Celtics in the regular season last year) he hasn't accomplished that. As K.O.P mentioned above -- he's a liability when they try to run the court.

Hinrich is basically the real version of what ATL thought they were getting when they originally acquired Bibby.

I know the CS ? thinks the NBA is a 4 team league and every other team is fighting for lottery picks, but don't forget the Hawks could have easily sent three players to the All-Star game this year, have arguably the best sixth man in the game, and have had that fourth/fifth spot in the East locked down for two years now.

I'm glad they're not falling for the "Mr. Me Too" syndrome and ? up their future just so casual fans can say "they might do something now".

I've been saying Bibby's been a ? for the past 2 yrs, u just now hearing it. And I know the difference, I'm a knicks fan dude.

And so the ? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat lol. Have you realized, you ? are never in the talk about the best teams in the East. Nobody. Nobody. Considers y'all great. You added Kirk (play better off the bench) Hinrich.

Yeah you freed up cap space, but are you ? the knicks??? Are you ? the nets??? I thought y'all were a team that "could've sent 3 ppl to the all star game." Now y'all trying to save cap space for more players??? What's wrong with ones you got. Oh I know....they'll never be good enough to win anything of importance. As they've proven, over and over again.

Y'all have an egregious amount of talent to not even be considered a top team in the east. The definition of insanity is doing the same things twice and expecting different results. So you waited til midseason to trade for kirk hinrich.....that's your postseason saving move???
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kirilienko fragile as ? , he dont even try to pay thru the pain. He tweak his ankle and he out 3 weeks.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hawks needa holla at the Bobcats and trade Marvin Williams for Gerald Wallace.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man that sucks for Baron, that ? LOVE the Bay Area...and he going all the way to Cleveland..man the Cavs and the Warriors got to have the two SMALLERS backcourts in the league...at least Moe can play Robin again, watch this ? start averaging 18pts 5 assist...I felt the Clippers shoulda tried for Deron...just offered a center instead of a PF..hell Utah has 3PFs right now that are under 27...all them ? 's not gon make it to next year...

I'll be surprised if Derrick Favors is on the roster tomorrow and that's real talk..
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This is the most big name activity I can remember in the NBA in YEARS as far as trades go....especially if you combine it with the free-agency that started it all..
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You think the Cavs will by Baron out???
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You think the Cavs will by Baron out???

i hope so man but i doubt it i think he has a couple more years left on his contract
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? the Cavs got the Clippers 1st round pick for this year in that deal also, so they can easily end up with 2 top 10 picks in this years draft.

Idk if Baron is gonna get a buyout though, do they even buy out guys with multiple years left on their deal?
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And Baron Davis a Cav.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6153550

The Los Angeles Clippers and Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed in principle to a trade that would send Baron Davis and the Clippers' 2011 first-round draft pick to Cleveland in exchange for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, league sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

Davis

Williams

The deal saves the Clippers considerable money the next two seasons while giving them a younger point guard who made the All-Star team while playing with LeBron James.

Davis is still owed nearly $28 million over the next two seasons and the balance of his $13 million contract this year. Moon's contract expires after this season. Williams is owed the balance of his $9.3 million salary this season and, with player options of $8.5 million for each of the next two years, potentially could get out of his contract altogether. The savings should give the Clippers more flexibility in free agency the next two seasons.

The Clippers would give up a likely top-10 lottery pick to make the savings happen. "That just shows you how much we hate this draft," one Clippers source told ESPN.com.

But the lottery pick from the Clippers was exactly what the Cavs were after. A Cavs source told ESPN.com that the trade was made primarily for the draft pick.

"We know we're going to have to build this team through the lottery," the source said. "We hope Baron works out, but our primary focus was the pick. We really wanted two top-10 picks to infuse the team with young talent."

In Davis, the Cavs would get a veteran who, when he's engaged, is one of the top point guards in the league. But will Davis be engaged on a team with the worst record in the NBA?
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i kno he happy 2 get outta cleveland, lmao.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Is there anyone in this years draft that can help Cleveland
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol............
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hawks needa holla at the Bobcats and trade Marvin Williams for Gerald Wallace.

Why!?!? Marv's a slower, less talented overall version of Gerald.
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Is there anyone in this years draft that can help Cleveland

no... weak draft class this year... best bet looks like sullinger or selby
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Baron, call the goons up ? . They ? on you.

I'd retire and throw up the deuces on them ? , voiding the contract.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hide ya kids
    hide ya wives
    ...and hide ya husbands, cause they tradin errybody
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wish the Bulls would pull off a trade for a sg since everyone else making moves
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Pls don't trade me, I'm not ready to go. I'm begging. My work ain't done yet. I'm on both knees....pls. I'm serious

10:18 AM Jun 23rd, 2010 via Echofon
    mogotti2
    Mo Williams
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wish the Bulls would pull off a trade for a sg since everyone else making moves

They were trying to get Courtney Lee from the rockets but that fell through. I dont know if theyre still trying to get oj mayo.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Pls don't trade me, I'm not ready to go. I'm begging. My work ain't done yet. I'm on both knees....pls. I'm serious

10:18 AM Jun 23rd, 2010 via Echofon
    mogotti2
    Mo Williams

that ? is a got damn lie. A chance to play with blake griffin and eric jordan instead of being on the worst team in the league? quit pump fakin' doggy
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hawks getting hinrich is a good for both sides...for him and the hawks..good ish. NBA trade deadlines have always been exciting just on talks alone.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    that ? is a got damn lie. A chance to play with blake griffin and eric jordan instead of being on the worst team in the league? quit pump fakin' doggy
    Lol look at the date
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol look at the date

yo your avi is crazy..ha ha never thought an alligator would f wit a elephant like that! lol!
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you already kno davis and scott have a lil bad blood between them. that doesnt matter tho...u already kno he is ? from goin to LA to leaveland.

1st he went

bball-baron-davis-heckled-by-ownr.jpg

then he went

s091125_baron.jpg