Baby Daddy/Baby Mama

Options
playmaker88
playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
.... Why use this terminology?

In my opinion that ? just has bad connotations all over it. It just sounds like some trife ? happen .. and bam here came the baby? I mean ? maybe that was the case but. I think ? should move away from refering to the mother/father of their kids as.. BABY MAMA and BABY DADDY.. Idk it jsut sounds stupid to me and wreaks of disrespect for all parties. Sounds like.. he aint ? .. she aint ? . and yeah... thats my kid...

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? 's comical though.....
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    how is it disrespectful?
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    my question is....do you use it when the kid is like 13 or 14?

what about if you married, but then get divorced.
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just sound stupid to me.. hey maybe its just me though

Mother of my child and father of my child speaks to me different than
  • blakfyahking
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Just sound stupid to me.. hey maybe its just me though

Mother of my child and father of my child speaks to me different than

that's too many words champ LOL

what's the difference

baby mamma works just fine.............it doesn't change what she is IMO
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that's too many words champ LOL

what's the difference

baby mamma works just fine.............it doesn't change what she is IMO

It may change how Mothers/Fathers are spoken pf , viewed, and interacted with people that matter, much less everyone else in some small part..I know its not tangible but i just think its in poor form. The lil things are sometimes the big things
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited February 2011
    Options
    .... Why use this terminology?

In my opinion that ? just has bad connotations all over it. It just sounds like some trife ? happen .. and bam here came the baby? I mean ? maybe that was the case but. I think ? should move away from refering to the mother/father of their kids as.. BABY MAMA and BABY DADDY.. Idk it jsut sounds stupid to me and wreaks of disrespect for all parties. Sounds like.. he aint ? .. she aint ? . and yeah... thats my kid...

that's because most of theze dizzy ? and broads are having kids with people they dont respect.....DUH!
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lord..

Give me the strength, and serenity .
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    Nut Did N' Cider Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol I agree with the thread premise but I don't give a ? at the end of the day. I will never find myself in that situation
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • American.Loo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    here's a question: why do people think that the issues baby mommas/daddies have arent the same issues that exist inside a marriage?

i hear folks say "when i have a kid, it'll be by my WIFE, not my baby mama" as though marriage is a force field agaist infedelity, financial woes, and other drama...

and i dont mean u knock up some ? u met at the club, im saying if youre dating this person and yall have a seed.
  • it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The only person i call "baby mama" is my ex cuz thats all she is to me!!
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    here's a question: why do people think that the issues baby mommas/daddies have arent the same issues that exist inside a marriage?

i hear folks say "when i have a kid, it'll be by my WIFE, not my baby mama" as though marriage is a force field agaist infedelity, financial woes, and other drama...

and i dont mean u knock up some ? u met at the club, im saying if youre dating this person and yall have a seed.

I wouldn't impregnate a woman who I couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life with. If she not worthy of being tied to my life indefinitely how could she be worthy of giving life to my child?

Having a baby mama/baby daddy just speaks to the irresponsibility and poor planning of the parents. If you don't believe in marriage but stay with that person I respect that as much as a married couple having kids. But to have a baby with someone and then make it more difficult on everyone involved by ending the initial relationship jus shows poor judgement. Why would you want to put your child through that if you could avoid it by simply making sure the person you have a baby with is the person you want to be with?
  • American.Loo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    just from the impression i get, i may be wrong, baby mama/baby daddy are terms used to refer to couples who were never married and just had kid(s) together. i'm not saying that married couples don't do all of the stuff you wrote above, but when they split up, i don't hear them refer to each other as baby mama/baby daddy is all, then it's ex-wife/ex-husband

true, but in theory, a couple that share a child and were never married and a couple that share a child but have divorced are the same. the term "ex wife/ex husband" can be used by couples who never procreated.
  • American.Loo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't impregnate a woman who I couldn't see myself spending the rest of my life with. If she not worthy of being tied to my life indefinitely how could she be worthy of giving life to my child?

Having a baby mama/baby daddy just speaks to the irresponsibility and poor planning of the parents. If you don't believe in marriage but stay with that person I respect that as much as a married couple having kids. But to have a baby with someone and then make it more difficult on everyone involved by ending the initial relationship jus shows poor judgement. Why would you want to put your child through that if you could avoid it by simply making sure the person you have a baby with is the person you want to be with?

Fair enough. I respect your stance. I'm with mine, we're not married though.

Marriage doesnt necessarily mean people properly planned anything. It just means they took the "formal" steps before procreating.

I use the term "formal" loosely, because in nature, a ceremony is not necessary to procreate. Its man made.
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Fair enough. I respect your stance. I'm with mine, we're not married though.

Marriage doesnt necessarily mean people properly planned anything. It just means they took the "formal" steps before procreating.

I use the term "formal" loosely, because in nature, a ceremony is not necessary to procreate. Its man made.

Like I said if a couple never got married and had kids I would respect that as much as a married couple with their offspring. The important factor for me is having kids with someone you stick with. I know sometimes ? gets real, people change and that divorce or breakup is necessary. But its not like that other person didn't show hints of problems that would escalate in the future before you had a kid. So if you can't see yourself staying with that person dont make a baby with em. Makes it easier on everyone
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Im not sure if its a "norm" to some people or its not. I mean the relationship status is irrelevant because its the attitude behind its just become a "normal" part of the youth "urban" vernacular
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I agree 100%. The term itself isn't disrespectful. But the connotation around it and the stigma that it has become associated with is.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Big c/s......
  • blakfyahking
    edited February 2011
    Options
    props to Loo for the intellectual responses

but honestly tho, if you got an issue with BM/BD as terms, you might just be subliminally cooning :shrugs
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    props to Loo for the intellectual responses

but honestly tho, if you got an issue with BM/BD as terms, you might just be subliminally cooning :shrugs

Lol personal responsibility is a white thing huh?
  • American.Loo
    edited February 2011
    Options

Would you consider a divorce as being responsible?

Better yet, would you consider doing ANYTHING with a 50% failure rate as being responsible?
  • Nut Did N' Cider
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For the third time, I ain't saying you gotta be married. But you should be committed life partners nh. Marriage is irrelevant to the issue. The stability of the situation that you bring the child into is the real concern.
  • blakfyahking
    edited February 2011
    Options

well who termed BD/BM as definitions of a lack of responsibility?

as many single parents in the black community, how ironic that BD/BM are terms that are not accepted as "mother of my child" "father of my child"

BD doesn't necessarily = irresponsible ? unless you worried about how some outside group looks at it

? ass ? up in here:(