East Coast Tell Us Why U Mad Son!Interview with Method Man,Raekwon,and Ghostface

Options

Comments

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    whovever thinks they are hating on the south in this interview either haven't listened to the whole interview or have horrible listening comprehension skills lol. pay attention ppl!!!!!
  • meeks973
    meeks973 Members Posts: 106
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    who told u that???

the features they do
  • cool amp
    cool amp Members Posts: 165
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dookeyface wrote: »
    So what your sayin' is if OPP came on in a club full of people tonight, the dance floor would be cleared, and nobody would be singing the lyrics? You make no sense whatsoever.
    you never been to a club in your life, have you? you white guys just cannot grasp the intricacies of this ? we call hip hop. just shut up and try to soak up as much game as yall can when you come to this site, damn. the way you described it is precisely what would happen if you played that record in the club today. with your cynical azz, and thats one reason nyggas dont like ? with yall on this site.youre prolly from bangor maine or gastonbury england or something, but youre up in here tellin' nyggas that we dont know what the fukk we talkin' about. what kind of ? is that? fukk OPP . that weak ass beat, them fruity azz lyriics, and the fact that a good chunk of the clubgoers werent even born when that song was made would guarantee tumbleweeds on the dancefloor. what kinda clubs you go to? 'cause it aint a old bytch nowhere to be found who is gonna play her hand in the club and be singing the words to OPP. you cant miss me coming or going with this bullshyt you trying to sell
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cool amp wrote: »
    you never been to a club in your life, have you? you white guys just cannot grasp the intricacies of this ? we call hip hop. just shut up and try to soak up as much game as yall can when you come to this site, damn. the way you described it is precisely what would happen if you played that record in the club today. with your cynical azz, and thats one reason nyggas dont like ? with yall on this site.youre prolly from bangor maine or gastonbury england or something, but youre up in here tellin' nyggas that we dont know what the fukk we talkin' about. what kind of ? is that? fukk OPP . that weak ass beat, them fruity azz lyriics, and the fact that a good chunk of the clubgoers werent even born when that song was made would guarantee tumbleweeds on the dancefloor. what kinda clubs you go to? 'cause it aint a old bytch nowhere to be found who is gonna play her hand in the club and be singing the words to OPP. you cant miss me coming or going with this bullshyt you trying to sell

rofl...

real talk tho, id leave if a club ever played dat song...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    meeks973 wrote: »
    the features they do

Na Homie........
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Wu spoke the truth.......I'm from the South and we need to get rid of these ? ass wack ass rappers......
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im from the South also and I know for a fact that none of these so called wack southern rappers are selling any albims. These ? are hood cleberties at best. They dont represent the south as a whole. They represent where they are from and thats it. I also wanted to comment on the person that said gold teeth and chains aint the South. Ive seen that since GOODIE MOB. Hell look at some old WU TANG videos. They were all about gold teeth.
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lets be real...... ? was bitter and mad..... i lost respect for ? ..... he shouldve said names..... because he made his self look stupid saying ? from the south cant rap.......

They have ? from the SOUTH who are lyrical as hell........ but they get no radio play........ they cant get any deals..... the game is the same all around the board.....and ? knows this....he knows the industry is looking for cookie cutter music........ it dont matter what region u from... they are trying to please the kids....all labels are looking for are 1 hit wonders......every label.....its not the SOUTH fault...... blame the labels.....

Okay....real simple..... Jay Elec...... they gave him a pass....and said okay he from the south and he have lyrics...... dog its like a 2 million Jay Elec down south... they just dont have the exposure...... dont get it twisted....the South have tons of talent and tons of lyrical dudes.....but look at who gets the record deal.......its the guys with the hot songs in the club......

How many times u went to the club and heard......."Brenda Gotta Baby"...or say "One Mic"..... "I Know i Can".... if u get where im coming from..... u understan

and i also think what makes ? from the East coast hate the south......its age-old....but up north folks always felt was superior to southerns ever since the slave days...... we playing right into that game......im better then u because im from Up Top.......yall down south people talk funny...rap funny... dress funny

I think man everybody created they own lane....... they tried so hard to keep the south out of the music business....... they closed all doors....so what southerns....we made our own lane......man it been hard for the south for so so so long..... believe me...... i hate whack music..... i hate hearing these dudes on the radio and sounding pure retards....... its not the rapper...... its the label...who puttin this ? out......

Toyota just did recall........ i think some labels should do recalls......when your product is ? take that ? off the shelf........ but we all see whats going on here.....they need us to be divided......if the south and east coast rappers came 2gether as 1 that would powerful.......

? what u heard......but Rick Ross.....that ? spitting flames dude........its so many ? that yall never heard from the south that can go with any East coast ? ......

K-Rhino.......just youtube the dude........ u would never think a guy from the South is that lyrical.....this ? on any East Coast ? rap level...
    this ? got lyrics for years....he been spitting lyrical way before ATL movement hit......and ? really need to address ATL....and stop saying "The South"....im from New Orleans.....and dog ? cant tell me No Limit and Cash Money was garbage....

"Men Lie, Women Lie- Numbers Dont Lie"
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    whovever thinks they are hating on the south in this interview either haven't listened to the whole interview or have horrible listening comprehension skills lol. pay attention ppl!!!!!

well said.
  • goat334
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's the same retards that supports these ? ass rappers.....
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options

Real talk......
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    goat334 wrote: »
    It's the same retards that supports these ? ass rappers.....

tru.........
  • dookeyface
    dookeyface Members Posts: 44
    edited February 2010
    Options
    meeks973 wrote: »
    you have a point with bt and nas. But cassidy? Cassidy speak bout the same ? as flocka gucci and them, he just has more metaphors

I said in terms of creative wordplay. For ? & giggles, let's take a look at that Cassidy vs Freeway battle 45921590.popcorn.gif
    Part 1.."? flabbergasted"!!45921565.headbang.gif
    Part 2.."do whateva, yo not ? ' wit me"!!45921605.rockon5.gif
    *cough*..um..um, put a beat on. Left the bol Freeway flabbergasted, and befuddled!!

And here's that Classic freestyle.[img]http://ct3.pbase.com/v3/42/267742/1/45921570.? .gif[/img]
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and i dont even know why method even is speaking on why the south is everywhere..he doesnt need to look further than the clan.

he was on some primadonna ? having ? wait forever for judgement day and blackout 1. it took him 4 years to release a follow up to his debut. month of man promo tape came out in 94 and it took 5 years to realize he can capitalize off of making an album with redman. same thing with raekwon. ob4cl2 aka bulletproof wallets/RAGU was supposed to come out right after the W. excuses/procrastination delayed this until last fall. smmfh. the clan cant even look past ? money matters (what is a couple of 100k to the gods?) and everyone personal beef with RZA (ugod,cappa,? ) to unite like voltron. it took ODB dying plus 4 more years for the clan to make half assed music with one another again. i dont want to hear these ? complaing because the south has the ball in their hands now. NY killed itsself with its false sense of entitlement to everything. ? acting like divas releasing their albums years apart with no kind of real sincere promotional push behind it. this is a dog eat dog industry. NY was the one that taught us about rule 4080 and they dont follow it. dont be mad because the south doesnt wait on handouts and instant gratification. these southern ? are out here working. even our local mixtape rappers are get regular gigs for shows and apperances because these ? put in work. we dont sit around radio stations and complain why NY dont like us. ? ? new york there are 49 other states+the world to conquer. NY think the world stop for them. LMAO @ these clowns. delusional as ? . instead of going on the radio whining like ? , these ? could of been networking. getting their product to the people. the music dont move itsself.
  • 7thwardslim
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dog if yall cant hear the hate in Method Man voice...u didnt listen.... that ? mad at the south.....Rae and Ghost realized he was hating....
    Dog nothing wrong with not liking a rapper.....but u cant bundle a whole region

MAINO is ? trash.......... i mean Maino is ? horrible......i mean horrible.....but ? from Down South is not haters.... we dont speak down on ? .....we let ? live......its always have been the East Coast to talk down on other region...... i think thats why they in slump....... they hated on to many people....

50 Cent is New York Hip Hop....... what happened to 50 is what happen to NY Hip Hop....to much hating...... people cant have love for u if u dont have love for them.....well at least respect.....NY hip hop took a huge hit....when NY rappers felt they needed to clean up hip hop.....

Quick lesson......do anybody know what Hip Hop is?

Graffiti.......1
    Breaking......2
    Dj'ing.......3
    Emceeing.....4

So when they say Down south killed hip hop..... they never realized the fact...... that Down South Rappers never did.....1-3....
    and we was never considered Mc's.....Hence the word Rapper was thrown around......if from the East Coast u are a MC...any other region u was label a rapper......

Lets learn and break it all down....... West Coast - Gangsta Rap......Down South - Dance Music/Party... Tootsie Roll came out in like 92
  • goat334
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dog if yall cant hear the hate in Method Man voice...u didnt listen.... that ? mad at the south.....Rae and Ghost realized he was hating....
    Dog nothing wrong with not liking a rapper.....but u cant bundle a whole region

MAINO is ? trash.......... i mean Maino is ? horrible......i mean horrible.....but ? from Down South is not haters.... we dont speak down on ? .....we let ? live......its always have been the East Coast to talk down on other region...... i think thats why they in slump....... they hated on to many people....

50 Cent is New York Hip Hop....... what happened to 50 is what happen to NY Hip Hop....to much hating...... people cant have love for u if u dont have love for them.....well at least respect.....NY hip hop took a huge hit....when NY rappers felt they needed to clean up hip hop.....

Quick lesson......do anybody know what Hip Hop is?

Graffiti.......1
    Breaking......2
    Dj'ing.......3
    Emceeing.....4

So when they say Down south killed hip hop..... they never realized the fact...... that Down South Rappers never did.....1-3....
    and we was never considered Mc's.....Hence the word Rapper was thrown around......if from the East Coast u are a MC...any other region u was label a rapper......

Lets learn and break it all down....... West Coast - Gangsta Rap......Down South - Dance Music/Party... Tootsie Roll came out in like 92

But you gotta admit that these ? ass ? making the South look bad.....
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    NY killed itsself with its false sense of entitlement to everything. this is a dog eat dog industry. NY was the one that taught us about rule 4080 and they dont follow it. dont be mad because the south doesnt wait on handouts and instant gratification. these southern ? are out here working. even our local mixtape rappers are get regular gigs for shows and apperances because these ? put in work. we dont sit around radio stations and complain why NY dont like us. ? ? new york there are 49 other states+the world to conquer. NY think the world stop for them. LMAO @ these clowns. delusional as ? . instead of going on the radio whining like ? , these ? could of been networking. getting their product to the people. the music dont move itsself.

real talk right here...

preach on bro...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited February 2010
    Options

not really, every region has wacc rappers...for err wacc rapper dat gets on here, we got 4 good ones, we str8...just cause wacka enjoyin success in da club, it dont make the whole souf look bad...
  • dookeyface
    dookeyface Members Posts: 44
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cool amp wrote: »

Ha Ha that was funny. But since you obviously wanna know, no I'm no white. In fact, I'm black (hence the name paleface = white..dookeyface = black) and a Native NYC'er. While the clubs rock off the majority of the new new, yes OPP can still get burn in the clubs. I guess you'd say the same about Still Not A Player, and any song that is pre-2007? You obviously don't play clubs as a DJ, or frequent them either. Usually a DJ will throw some old school club bangers in there for about 10-15 songs, guaranteed to rock (That DJ Kool ? , Ayo/Freaks, Hypnotize, etc). Point blank, it's a catchy ass song, about gettin' as much azz as you can. So if it's wack to you, and you can't relate to it, then we all know where you...? it...i shall say no more. You exposed yourself as Saturday-nite, sock-knitting ? .

As a matter of fact here's a clip of the group performing at a "club" in 2009. Yet I see no one rushing for the exits (that are in plain view), or claiming they're not familiar with the song because "it was made before they were born". Just people jumpin' & responding to a 20 year old song. YOUR FAILURE HAS BEEN PROVEN. Get off the site, & never come back as you know nothing of which you speak in terms of hip hop. 58335093.fuckyou.gif
  • goat334
    edited February 2010
    Options
    not really, every region has wacc rappers...for err wacc rapper dat gets on here, we got 4 good ones, we str8...just cause wacka enjoyin success in da club, it dont make the whole souf look bad...
    I know every Region has wac rappers....but only in the South you find ? ass rappers being supported by ? fans....cause they can relate.......
  • 7thwardslim
    edited February 2010
    Options

They making the south looking better......put it together.....and give credit where credit is due.... these guys are becoming millionaires.....overnight...
    if u thank thats a bad look then u must be blind...... one day they go out buy FL 9....then next week they get a 100 dollar mic...... drape some sheets over the shower curtain in the bathroom..... and 2 months later....they doing shows....gettin radio-play.....features.... it makes me feel good..... because the retards we have down south have found a way to make millions..... while super-intelligent....still havent figured out how to make a dollar...

U have to give the South credit for its hustle....and not only hustle.... but these are local rappers.....that just burst onto the Nationwide scene....
    For instance.....if Papoose wouldve blew up......guest what its nothing to it.......he is lyrical he deserve it.....coming from a local artist...

But if any southern rapper blows up from the local scene....he dont deserve.... it just not fair....

Watch this..... so many labels have got x'd out there A&R depts...... because they felt like they didnt need to help develop the artist....
    Most of these Southern Rappers....coming right out there moms house......to Nationwide success..... 1 hit wonder.... fly-by-nite or what ever u want to label them..

But i never heard anybody.....turn down free money..... thats a success story in itself and that should inspire people..... if a whack ass rapper can do i know i can
  • meeks973
    edited February 2010
    Options
    man. this is crazy. this y i ? with rnb
  • 7thwardslim
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I know every Region has wac rappers....but only in the South you find ? ass rappers being supported by ? fans....cause they can relate.......

Wu-Tang sound ? looked ? and even had a retared member...... and they had a cult following....

to each its own......not everybody going to Heaven.......because not everybody believe in ? .....u feel me
    everybody dont like hamburgers..... and not everybody are vegens either....
    Not everybody like ? ...... u feel me.....u get where im coming from
  • meeks973
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wu-Tang sound ? looked ? and even had a retared member...... and they had a cult following....

to each its own......not everybody going to Heaven.......because not everybody believe in ? .....u feel me
    everybody dont like hamburgers..... and not everybody are vegens either....
    Not everybody like ? ...... u feel me.....u get where im coming from

lmao retarted ass rapper
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they making the south looking better......put it together.....and give credit where credit is due.... These guys are becoming millionaires.....overnight...
    If u thank thats a bad look then u must be blind...... One day they go out buy fl 9....then next week they get a 100 dollar mic...... Drape some sheets over the shower curtain in the bathroom..... And 2 months later....they doing shows....gettin radio-play.....features.... It makes me feel good..... Because the retards we have down south have found a way to make millions..... While super-intelligent....still havent figured out how to make a dollar...

u have to give the south credit for its hustle....and not only hustle.... But these are local rappers.....that just burst onto the nationwide scene....
    For instance.....if papoose wouldve blew up......guest what its nothing to it.......he is lyrical he deserve it.....coming from a local artist...

But if any southern rapper blows up from the local scene....he dont deserve.... It just not fair....

Watch this..... So many labels have got x'd out there a&r depts...... Because they felt like they didnt need to help develop the artist....
    Most of these southern rappers....coming right out there moms house......to nationwide success..... 1 hit wonder.... Fly-by-nite or what ever u want to label them..

But i never heard anybody.....turn down free money..... Thats a success story in itself and that should inspire people..... If a whack ass rapper can do i know i can

/thread closed
    /forum closed
    /allhiphop.com closed
    co sign!!!!!!!!!!
    Realest ? i have read on this site in a minute