Where does Scottie rank among alltime SF from (Elgin Baylor to Lebron)

Options
13»

Comments

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CO-Sign this how do people not know that he was a shooting guard I mean his whole career he was compared to Jordan

I do have a good question though on the SG/SF, what would you consider George Gervin ???

I thought he was a small forward but on alot of sites and other places they say he was a SG

yeah he's a two-guard,he was only 180.There's PG's now that weigh more..
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Top 5 SFs:

1) Larry Legend
    2) Dr. J
    3) Scottie
    4) Elgin
    5) LeBrizzle
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited March 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    best small forward EVER,redefined the position to point-forward.

SF's were not bringing the ball up and running plays before dude,and don't forget that defense he did most of the ? work on D while Mike did Mike

there's other SF's that are better statistically than Pip like Nique and Bird but Scottie did EVERYTHING well,if I'm building a team I want Scottie as my SF

Who cares he is not a better passer than Bird statistically or in any aspect. Dude walked the ball up and so what, How many rings do point forwards have that didn't play with Jordan. LOL Kobe walked the ball up plenty of times in LA with Shaq when Ron Harp was the starting PG but so what

Bird better scorer, passer, rebounder, and waaayyyy more Clutch
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    One more person list Drexler as a small foward is gettin shot....Smh at you googleless ?
    SMH I know he was a 2 because I've seen him play
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Bird>>>>>>Pippen

Im from boston, and Birds D is overrated because of who played behind him(this would be blasphemy) But i watched them both play. Pippen could do everything on the court. And he was a better defender from an athletic standpoint.... He created the point forward positon..But Hondo was better than them both...Rick Barry was a beast also. Birds talent was just ? ? given though
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    yeah he's a two-guard,he was only 180.There's PG's now that weigh more..

Yeah but he was like 6"7 to 6"8 and for that day that was alot taller than most guards but I didn't add him in the list cause I guess he would be more of a 2 than a 3 considering how much he scored and didn't really rebound

I never said that Bird was a great defender one on one more of a team defender but he was above avg but that would be the one thing Scottie has over him but I will say this Athletism is probably the most overrated feature of peoples games. Guys think just cause somebody played in the 80's they wouldn't be on the court with these new guys but that is far from true. Daryl Dawkins had a crazy verticle and size and was avg in the 80's at best. I mean watching Lebron last night against a slow footed skinny KD should show you that athletism is not everything. Simple jab step in J in the eye can't be stopped in any generation, it's the basics Triple Threat with a J is unstoppable.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    SMH at anyone putting Scottie over Dr. J.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To me pippen is hands down the most overrated player in nba history.No mvp's,no finals mvp's no memorable clutch games or performances

A guy who clearly benefited wit playin wit MJ

He was so invaluable the bulls tried to trade him several times from 95-97.He was not a 'lockdown defender' I can tell most u cats listen to the media and didnt watch the games

Its laughable people are sayin pippen is better than bird,dominique or lebron it aint even close.Pippen was average in every aspect of his game and was a horrible shooter

Pippen missed the 1st 35 games of the 98 season and the bulls went 25-10 and were still the 1 seed in the east.Lol @ anybody who thinks Mj wouldnt of won without this guy

He didnt, neither one of them wouldnt have won nothing without the other. Pippen is the most underrated player in the NBA. How far would the Bulls have gotten with Olden Polynice instead of Pippen. They only tried to trade him because he was requesting a trade and feuding with Krause
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To me pippen is hands down the most overrated player in nba history.No mvp's,no finals mvp's no memorable clutch games or performances

A guy who clearly benefited wit playin wit MJ

He was so invaluable the bulls tried to trade him several times from 95-97.He was not a 'lockdown defender' I can tell most u cats listen to the media and didnt watch the games

Its laughable people are sayin pippen is better than bird,dominique or lebron it aint even close.Pippen was average in every aspect of his game and was a horrible shooter

Pippen missed the 1st 35 games of the 98 season and the bulls went 25-10 and were still the 1 seed in the east.Lol @ anybody who thinks Mj wouldnt of won without this guy

Pippen was average in every aspect of his game? Lol, oh.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    kevin durant is gonna be the GOAT SF When he done ballin. Wherever yall will be remember that....
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    kevin durant is gonna be the GOAT SF When he done ballin. Wherever yall will be remember that....

Lmao, alright.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People who have drag queens in their avi opinions have no merit
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People forget that Pippen was a big reason they came back in the 4th quarter against the Blazers, his scoring and defense on Drexler is overlooked because the way Jordan closed out that game
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Lol @ Tommy

How can you be a Bulls/Jordan fan and not respect Pip? Real question...
  • S2J
    edited March 2011
    Options

Funny how ? cosign and agree with everything skip says about lebron but what about pippen? Nothin but FACTS skip droppin here

skip covered the bulls in 97-98 he was the beat writer for the tribune

So you quotin Skip Bayless to give your argument MORE credence? Yuck...He's a known joke
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just look at pippen's stats after 98......when he stopped riding mj's coat tail
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *in after Billfiger rant and Mumo X stannery*
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited March 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Just look at pippen's stats after 98......when he stopped riding mj's coat tail

He was old and injured after his Bulls days
  • S2J
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I respect pippen and what he did for the bulls,but I think he overrated in nba history

WAIT?? But when he goes in on lebron people cosign him emphatically

WHO?! WHO!? *Jay z Hot 97 voice*

Cmon, you know the difference between real analyzing and the typical IC 'yo he ethered Lebron'

Ngas just like to post gifs, pics, and say someone's been 'ethered'

But on a basketball tip, even with the hocus pocus Jumpshot, no clutch, no post game, etc. he's STILL no less than 3rd best in the league. (Imo u lose credibilty by sayin he;s anything less than 2)

So for Skip Bayless to call him overated n all that ? proves he's an ass clown. How is it i have to explain that? U better than that now, cmon...
  • S2J
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tom boy we've done this many times nh, but its just sad

Revisionist history is why 90% of the Cheapseats is bullshyt.

We talkin Michael Jordan, dawg. Not the guy on the Wizards, but JORDAN

There is maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league now that would avg more than 18ppg playin wit Mike

U play with Jordan, U NOT PUTTN UP NUMBERS.

Nggas look at numbers and say Pip 'only' avg 18, 7, 5 (which nobody was doin at the time rpg and apg, but anyway)

What more do u expect?

And the dumbest thing u've EVER brought up is his lack of 'clutch shots; Ngga, its Mike Jordan!!! His will is unparalleled. Aint no clutch Scottie shots cuz 23 was takin those!
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Tom boy we've done this many times nh, but its just sad

Revisionist history is why 90% of the Cheapseats is bullshyt.

We talkin Michael Jordan, dawg. Not the guy on the Wizards, but JORDAN

There is maybe 2 or 3 guys in the league now that would avg more than 18ppg playin wit Mike

U play with Jordan, U NOT PUTTN UP NUMBERS.

Nggas look at numbers and say Pip 'only' avg 18, 7, 5 (which nobody was doin at the time rpg and apg, but anyway)

What more do u expect?

And the dumbest thing u've EVER brought up is his lack of 'clutch shots; Ngga, its Mike Jordan!!! His will is unparalleled. Aint no clutch Scottie shots cuz 23 was takin those!

Why is this dumb John Pax, Steve Kerr, Bj, and countless others managed to make clutch shots with 23 on the team get out of here. Second off Jordan made Pax, BJ, Luc, Toni, Horace and anybody else on those teams scoring go up, I mean these guys fell into a black whole after Jordan left and you telling me Jordan held Pip back, get out of here.

When Jordan left Pip went from 18 to 21 and you act like Pip was just waiting to avg thirty like Kobe when Shaq left LOL He shot 45% with the goat on his team, numerous guys avg 15 on those teams BJ, Horace, Kukoc, you telling me Pip couldn't take some shine from them ???