edited March 2011 in IllTek
How do I do this for free?

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Depends on which Generation Ipod you're talking about

I believe Gen I and II, you can do this by going to Windows Explorer and View All Hidden Folders under Folder Options. Then click down until you find the itune/ipod music folder. Copy and paste to your C drive.

I can do it on my Ipod Nano, which is a Gen II.

But if you got anything after that, like the Ipod Touch and those huge GB Ipods, you'll need some offbrand software you can search on Google for to snatch the music folder off your device and save if to your C drive. ITunes doesn't sale the software, so you'll have to go with another source.

Just Google what you're trying to do and find something that has good reviews, and might be free for a trial basis. If you want to pay, go ahead.
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Depends on which Generation Ipod you're talking about

I believe Gen I and II, you can do this by going to Windows Explorer and View All Hidden Folders under Folder Options. Then click down until you find the itune/ipod music folder. Copy and paste to your C drive.

I can do it on my Ipod Nano, which is a Gen II.

But if you got anything after that, like the Ipod Touch and those huge GB Ipods, you'll need some offbrand software you can search on Google for to snatch the music folder off your device and save if to your C drive. ITunes doesn't sale the software, so you'll have to go with another source.

Just Google what you're trying to do and find something that has good reviews, and might be free for a trial basis. If you want to pay, go ahead.
    Hope this works because I need to back all my music up on my external hardrive just in case. i have an older one but I got the Ipackage(Ipod,Iphone,Ipad) and I need that Ipod music!!