Surely at this point, its easy to say that Krit is so much better than Cole

Options
MastaAceTheGOAT
MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
edited March 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Cole is aight, i think he is a dope lyricist but his production is relatively bland. his flow is pretty samey aswell.
krit is a much better producer and is a more well rounded artist. you can feel the emotion and rawness in his music and his voice and delivery is incredible. this new tape is incredible. if you prefer cole, please give a reason for it rather than saying cole>krit.

Comments

• illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    .......Nah

you got a reason?
  • illogics
    edited March 2011
    Options
    you got a reason?

Not in the mind state for all that right now. ? get too excited when new music comes out tho.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not in the mind state for all that right now. ? get too excited when new music comes out tho.

Im sorry dude but KRIT got Cole by a long shot. Returnof4eva is the epitome of CLASSIC southern music. KRIT got the glow......
  • - BE -
    - BE - Members Posts: 96
    edited March 2011
    Options
    real talk right now i got to give it to KRIT....the ? make good music all around

j. cole might have an edge on the lyrics but that might be arguable
  • illogics
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Im sorry dude but KRIT got Cole by a long shot. Returnof4eva is the epitome of CLASSIC southern music. KRIT got the glow......

You don't gotta apologize to me. I'm not tryna take your opinion away from you.
    Imma be real. That's prolly what turned me off a little about it. I ? wit South music but maybe this ? was a lil TOO Southern for a ? from the bronx. Tracks like R4 theme song, Shake it, Rotation, Subs, all sounded like prototypical ? that any other southern ? can make. Then all his "introspective" tracks have the same tone and delivery as the next. I'm not saying I'm not feelin the ? . It's tight. I'm just not as excited by it as yall.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cole Better Rapper, KRIT better artist
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Id say there about equal. Both have 2 nice ass free mixtapes out, both have a nice flow, both have pretty good content. We'll just have to see If they can manage to drop the same or about the same quality when it counts.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought Cole was better (probably still do) but then KRIT dropped his tape and im liking his music a whole lot....but thats just it, his music is more new and its def different so of course we're gonna be all about Krit right now.

Heres my thing, we're allowed to like both artists...

and im not gonna sit here and forget how dope the come up, warm up and FNL are...but this krit tape truly is incredible to be free (i thought the same thing with FNL when it came out)

so for a "final" comparison i would rather wait for a retail album to see whats really good
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Big KRIT > Wiz tho.......lol

im so disappointed about Rolling Papers, not like this has anything to do with Wiz but im still salty over that
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    KRIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cole
  • jonlakadeadmic
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^ Ms fat ? was my ringtone for like 2 years
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    neither has 1 real album

so no.

at this point it is easy to say they are two of the best new artists though

the quality mixtapes Krit and Cole have put out are pretty much equal but ive heard more from Cole
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Krit is better, cole's music lacks replay value and i never wanted to play his ? in my car . Krit made the soundtrack for the summer.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    imma wait till their albums come out b4 i figure out who's best.
    it's close as hell, tho.
    i like both of them.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think they both have their footing in their own respective lanes. I won't place Krit over Cole based on a mixtape that isn't even a day old yet. Granted, the jawn is a 10 mixtape/album, but I felt the same way about FNL. I think they're both incredibly talented artists and I hope they don't get ? by the industry.

I understand that competition is a cornerstone of a hip-hop but I'm LMAO @ people who think they can only enjoy 1 artist at a time or sumin'. ? doesn't even make sense.

Oh well, their loss.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Production definitely ? on FNL, don't need to wait on that I can hear that from the jump........

But I agree with letting things be and just enjoying the music... both great new artists
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought Cole was better (probably still do) but then KRIT dropped his tape and im liking his music a whole lot....but thats just it, his music is more new and its def different so of course we're gonna be all about Krit right now.

Heres my thing, we're allowed to like both artists...

and im not gonna sit here and forget how dope the come up, warm up and FNL are...but this krit tape truly is incredible to be free (i thought the same thing with FNL when it came out)

so for a "final" comparison i would rather wait for a retail album to see whats really good

preach it's always gotta be somebody vs somebody last year it was drake vs j cole very 5 minutes. now it's krit vs cole every 5 minutes.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The only reason this is being done is to shut them ? j.cole stans (yeah i'm talking to you USMarine) the ? up
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I might just like Krit more. And I'm talkin before R4. Given how this ages it might just solidify my stance though. And by the way, this is an album. Hell the last one is too. Exposure problems is the reason y'all ? is listening for free.

If you wanna listen to a Krit MIXTAPE, look up that Last King jawn on Datpiff. He slays that ? too.
    The only reason this is being done is to shut them ? j.cole stans (yeah i'm talking to you USMarine) the ? up

J.Cole stans on this site and youtube ARE ? annoying though. When FNL dropped I couldn't see a a group of youtube comments that didn't have these ? going "Drake vs Cole" this "wayne vs Cole" that. ? are ? kids.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    On a lyrical level no, but on a musical level yes.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If TS truly believe what he says, he wouldn't even have to preface his statement comparing the two artist, because to be honest they aren't even in the same position or the same type of mcs. Krit sounds like ? C to me while J Cole is more of a eastcoast lyricist, both bring something different to rap and both have different career trajectory.
  • - BE -
    edited March 2011
    Options
    On a lyrical level no, but on a musical level yes.

this is what i was leaning towards.....but at the end of the day its about the music as a total package and IMO Krit got that and been had it since krit wuz here possibly b4
  • - BE -
    edited March 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If TS truly believe what he says, he wouldn't even have to preface his statement comparing the two artist, because to be honest they aren't even in the same position or the same type of mcs. Krit sounds like ? C to me while J Cole is more of a eastcoast lyricist, both bring something different to rap and both have different career trajectory.

add a lil OutKast to the bolded and i can agree

especially after this drop
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You don't gotta apologize to me. I'm not tryna take your opinion away from you.
    Imma be real. That's prolly what turned me off a little about it. I ? wit South music but maybe this ? was a lil TOO Southern for a ? from the bronx. Tracks like R4 theme song, Shake it, Rotation, Subs, all sounded like prototypical ? that any other southern ? can make. Then all his "introspective" tracks have the same tone and delivery as the next. I'm not saying I'm not feelin the ? . It's tight. I'm just not as excited by it as yall.

I can agree with this and yet still make the krit>>cole statement..

but your points were spot on, I wish he would/could switch it up a little.