There is an Intelligent Designer

Options

Comments

• dr sns
    dr sns Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Well apparently he thinks humans were made by aliens before there was an Earth. And that we were shipped or traveled here by some "intelligent being"

i.e. "I'm too stupid to understand evolution so it must have been aliens/? (s)."

"Im too racist/stupid to understand engineering so the pyramids must have been made my aliens"

"Im too stupid to understand the power of human teamwork, engineering, critical thinking...so Stonehenge must have been developed by aliens"

"I'm too stupid to understand the effects of radiation on human cells...so ? healed me of cancer...not chemo."

"I'm too stupid to understand human development so...BABIES ARE LITTLE MIRACLES FROM BABY JESUS IN THE SKY....YAYYYYYYY"

In response to all the above...."You know you done ? up right?"

But I C/S all
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    the thread starter's post is not in support of the "white-beard" ? that is portrayed in the bible, of which you are an avid fan. The creator is above the human traits and characteristics that is bestowed on him by religious fanatics. We are saying that you see the true nature of the creator in his creations...logical and have consits of mathematical principles.

I don't who know this "white-bearded" ? is that you speak of. But I do know the ? who made heaven and earth. His name is Jesus Christ. The ancient of days. The alpha and omega. The first and the last. The beginning and the end. Jehovah. The bride groom. Elohim. The Lord ? Al-mighty. The living stone. The fountain of Living waters. The author and finisher of our faith. The redeemer. The chief corner stone. The stone that builders rejected. The messiah. The Lord of the living and the dead. The anointed one. The bread of life. The Lord of Hosts. The Lord from heaven. The Lord, strong and mighty. The messenger of the covenant. The lion of the tribe of Judah. Emmanuel. The righteous one. The only wise ? , our Savior. The rock. The everlasting father. The one who inhabits eternity The faithful and true witness. The friend of sinners. The glory of Israel. The I AM. The root of Jesse. The rock of offense. The resurrection and the life. ? with us. Heir of all things. The holy one of Israel. The good Shepherd. The seed of David. The word. The lamb of ? . The King of Kings. The Lord of Lords. etc......

Do you know Him?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the thread starter's post is not in support of the "white-beard" ? that is portrayed in the bible, of which you are an avid fan. The creator is above the human traits and characteristics that is bestowed on him by religious fanatics. We are saying that you see the true nature of the creator in his creations...logical and have consits of mathematical principles.
    Please dont say that his heart cant take it lol
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    How do you know that the question has been posed by ? ?
    Because ? appeared to Job out of the whirlwind and asked him a litany of questions in order to silence him. At the end of Gods rebuke of Job, Job is left speechless because He finally realizes that ? is in control and nobody can question what He does. Now, can you answer Gods question?

"4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of ? shouted for joy?" Job 38:4-7
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I get that the universe is 'designed' but nothing in it suggest an intelligent designer. PZ Meyers did a talk once touching on the concept of design. He looked at things designed by nature and those by the only intelligence we know ... humans.

He examined two walls. One a sea wall of drift wood that had been arranged by random natural forces and the other a brick wall made by humans. The immediate difference seen is the brick wall is very simple. It serves the purpose of a wall and that about it. The drift wood wall on the other hand is very complex, needlessly so. It serves multiple functions as it is also a biosphere for several species. Basically things designed naturally are sloppy while thing designed intelligently are neat.

When we look at the universe then if we find things overly complex and multi-functional then it would lends itself to a nature process that created the world. If we find things simple and functional then an intelligent designer. In Einstein case I think it is fair to say he saw this simple order and it shows in his theory of General Relativity. It explains a simple and elegant universe. Unfortunately, it is not the universe in which we live. While his theory works wonderfully nearly the entire world of physics focus on trying to integrate the beautiful simplicity of relativity to the madness of quantum theory. No one is working on taming the madness of quantum mechanics to integrate them into relativity. Einstein, who helped launched Quantum Theory, could never quite accept it since it would force him to abandon the wonderful elegance he saw at the macroscopic level of relativity. The quantum universe in which we live is massively complex, amazingly sloppy. It does not whisper ' There is no creator' it shouts it.

The behavior of matter at the atomic level is nuts. DNA is a mess at all but the the simplest levels of life. Humans have bones we don't need. Organs that have lost their functionality. More teeth than their jaws can fit. Eyes designed with blind spots in them. Bipedal joints that can not support the wear and tear of bipedal motion. The vast majority of species that have ever lived on this planet are extinct. Recent research has found that 1 in 37 stars has a rocky planet like earth leading to more than 2,000,000 possible earth-like planets. But this does not mention the 74,000,000 star systems that have no life in them. That's an enormous amount of matter to commit to 'empty' space.

It is beyond me how somehow looks at this universe as sees an 'intelligent' designer. Given the sloppy and wasteful nature of the universe if there is an 'awareness' behind it ... that awareness is an idiot.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because ? appeared to Job out of the whirlwind and asked him a litany of questions in order to silence him. At the end of Gods rebuke of Job, Job is left speechless because He finally realizes that ? is in control and nobody can question what He does. Now, can you answer Gods question?

"4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of ? shouted for joy?" Job 38:4-7

Cite evidence for this. The Bible is not evidence, it's a book of unsubstantiated claims. Evidence (not proof) for the big bang, for example, is the homogeneity of the universe, cosmic background radiation, the fact that galaxies appear to be expanding away from us etc.
  • whar67
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Much like you ? I did not exist

declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? No one ... well not entity, intelligence, creator, ? , or conscious. Everything that exists and has exists and will exist will do so through natural processes

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; This non-existent being is a ? ... There is no corner stone to the universe well not literally ... Nor are there foundations

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of ? shouted for joy? Stars sing do they? I guess EM noise can count for singing
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cite evidence for this. The Bible is not evidence, it's a book of unsubstantiated claims. Evidence (not proof) for the big bang, for example, is the homogeneity of the universe, cosmic background radiation, the fact that galaxies appear to be expanding away from us etc.

Cite evidence for what? The question is simple. Where were you when ? laid the foundations of the earth? Heck, you supposedly know what happened 2 million years ago, right? Oh and you also know what happened 200,000 years ago, right? So since you have such understanding, tell us where you were when ? spoke the universe into existence! Declare it to us, ol wise one.

It's ridiculous how people just throw out numbers, like "oh this happend a billion years ago" and this happened "50 million years ago." ROFLMAO. Come on man, get real brother. People out there thinking that everybody's mama raised some boo-boo the fools. Not mine. No sir.

LOL. It's ridiculous. Peeps just be throwing out dates and numbers like they fact. Like come on man, get real. Get real brother. Go fool somebody else with that garbage if you want. Not over here though. That don't fly. You can't even tell me where you were at 100 years ago, how you gonna tell me what "supposedly happened" 500 million years ago? Boy stop!
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Basically things designed naturally are sloppy while thing designed intelligently are neat.

Not really and not basically.

The point is that it is designed, not that it fits some arbitrary concept of neat and sloppy. Some things may appear sloppy because it takes time to manifest and your and my limited insight can't see the full workings of something that is designed. Your only going to be here a few days. Partaking of all the intelligent design that keeps you here.

A caterpillar cocoons itself into a chrysalis and breaks down to a sloppy mess. But over a short period of time it manifest into a beautiful winged creature.

Sorry, for all the disharmony you claim to see, I can show you all the harmony and interaction that prove that this was no cosmic universal laboratory ? .
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cite evidence for what? The question is simple. Where were you when ? laid the foundations of the earth? Heck, you supposedly know what happened 2 million years ago, right? Oh and you also know what happened 200,000 years ago, right? So since you have such understanding, tell us where you were when ? spoke the universe into existence! Declare it to us, ol wise one.

It's ridiculous how people just throw out numbers, like "oh this happend a billion years ago" and this happened "50 million years ago." ROFLMAO. Come on man, get real brother. People out there thinking that everybody's mama raised some boo-boo the fools. Not mine. No sir.

LOL. It's ridiculous. Peeps just be throwing out dates and numbers like they fact. Like come on man, get real. Get real brother. Go fool somebody else with that garbage if you want. Not over here though. That don't fly. You can't even tell me where you were at 100 years ago, how you gonna tell me what "supposedly happened" 500 million years ago? Boy stop!

Neither of us were around when ? habilis gradually evolved from an older australopithicus species or when ? spoke to Job. Neither of us can be absolutely certain that these things happened but my claims have been supported by evidence (carbon dating of fossils, genetic analysis, ), yours haven't.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Neither of us were around when ? habilis gradually evolved from an older australopithicus species or ? spoke to Job. Neither of us can be absolutely certain that these things happened but my claims have been supported by evidence (carbon dating of fossils, genetic analysis, ), yours haven't.

1. Who recorded ? habilis evolving from australopithicus? Who witnessed such an event?

2. Where are the fossils indicating such an event? Such a transition should have thousands upon thousands of fossils capturing such an event.

3. I will assume your ignorant on carbon dating, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But carbon dating is flawed beyond belief. A simple Google search will expand your knowledge dramatically, but that's only if you want knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.

4. Jobs encounter is verifiable because it is in the word of ? , the super-natural book of the ages. Hallelujah!
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The end of the previos universe and existence...

I can go on and on with this line, but you know what the obvious answer is...you just fail to admit it.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options

Keep in mind that there was only four (4) people that existed, Adam, Eve, Cain and Able…
    Genesis 4:
    25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “? has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh.
    At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD.
    Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will ? me.”
    15 But the LORD said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would ? him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

There (see bolded) , we were right there…
  • whar67
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not really and not basically.

The point is that it is designed, not that it fits some arbitrary concept of neat and sloppy. Some things may appear sloppy because it takes time to manifest and your and my limited insight can't see the full workings of something that is designed. Your only going to be here a few days. Partaking of all the intelligent design that keeps you here.

A caterpillar cocoons itself into a chrysalis and breaks down to a sloppy mess. But over a short period of time it manifest into a beautiful winged creature.

Sorry, for all the disharmony you claim to see, I can show you all the harmony and interaction that prove that this was no cosmic universal laboratory ? .

The point is we can find things in this world that are designed by intelligence (cars, buildings, furniture) and things unintelligently designed (natural seawalls, snowflakes, sand dunes) and compare the characteristics of each. If the rest of the universe follows one set over the other then we can conclude some aspects of the 'designer'.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Options

yet no one has seen ? face and lived.
    ? travelled in a whirlwind...hmmm!
    ? just happen to speak Job's language yet we need other to translate the books of the bible for us.
    ? travelled all the way from heaven (where he heard job's question) to rebuke him in person..meantime pharoahs are throwing christians to the lions and other tortures.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Keep in mind that there was only four (4) people that existed, Adam, Eve, Cain and Able…
    Genesis 4:
    25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “? has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh.
    At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD.
    Cain said to the LORD, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will ? me.”
    15 But the LORD said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would ? him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

There (see bolded) , we were right there…

There weren't only 4 people who existed at that time my friend. Able was already dead by Genesis 4:25, so it couldn't have been Adam, Eve, Cain, and Able.

The word of ? doesn't record the names of the daughters who were born to Adam and Eve. Just because ? doesn't give EVERY single detail, doesn't negate the obvious. ? gave us a brain and He expects us to use a little common sense when reading His word.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There weren't only 4 people who existed at that time my friend. Able was already dead by Genesis 4:25, so it couldn't have been Adam, Eve, Cain, and Able.

The word of ? doesn't record the names of the daughters who were born to Adam and Eve. Just because ? doesn't give EVERY single detail, doesn't negate the obvious. ? gave us a brain and He expects us to use a little common sense when reading His word.
    so adam's daughters (a bunch of lesbians) were the people who lived in the land of Nod, and who Cain was fearful of?
    the bible does not speak of females but Eve name is predominately announced.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yet no one has seen ? face and lived.
    ? travelled in a whirlwind...hmmm!
    ? just happen to speak Job's language yet we need other to translate the books of the bible for us.
    ? travelled all the way from heaven (where he heard job's question) to rebuke him in person..meantime pharoahs are throwing christians to the lions and other tortures.

1. Yes, no man has seen ? in all His glory and lived. Man would melt in the presence of ? the father.

2. ? formed the whirlwind, so of course He can appear in it. ? is a spirit.

3. ? speaks all languages because He created all languages. By Gods grace and mercy, He has given man the ability to translate the original languages of the Bible into all the languages and dialects of the world today. Give Him praise my friend. Hallelujah! Isn't He wonderful.

4. ? is concerned with each and every individual my friend. ? desires a personal relationship with each and every soul on His earth. And ? didn't have to "travel all the way from heaven", because ? is omnipresent. ? bless.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so adam's daughters (a bunch of lesbians) were the people who lived in the land of Nod, and who Cain was fearful of?
    the bible does not speak of females but Eve name is predominately announced.

1. Of course Eve name is predominately announced. She is the mother of all living and the 2nd person ever created.

2. Cain lived in the land of Nod. "And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden." (Genesis 4:16) No where in the text does it suggest that there were people already living there.

3. Cain was fearful that somebody would take vengeance on him for killing his brother. Cain was the first murderer on planet earth, so thus he was scared that people would look down on him and take action for the wrong he committed. He had a guilty conscience, which I am sure you need no further explanation of what that is.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. Of course Eve name is predominately announced. She is the mother of all living and the 2nd person ever created.

2. Cain lived in the land of Nod. "And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden." (Genesis 4:16) No where in the text does it suggest that there were people already living there.

3. Cain was fearful that somebody would take vengeance on him for killing his brother. Cain was the first murderer on planet earth, so thus he was scared that people would look down on him and take action for the wrong he committed. He had a guilty conscience, which I am sure you need no further explanation of what that is.

again i asked the question...what people? ithis was just meant to highlight the inaccuracies of the bible, we really dont need to go any further with it...
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    to continue on the moot point here..more intelligent material, serve me right to try and reason with DOU...anyway..

Man did not make the “laws of nature”, he only studied it, named it, and use the properties it offered. If the laws of nature occurred by coincidence then it can disappear by coincidence.

If there is no intelligence to the design of creation, hence a designer what does that mean, if tomorrow we awake and the laws of nature ceased to exist:

• It would be one continuous day, and although we were tired our body would not sleep.
    • We could all start walking on our heads
    • The sun no longer exists
    • The extinction of rainfall
    • Everything keeps falling into space…there is no gravity.
    • All television and cell phones stopped working
    • Nobody dies and we all live forever
    • Women stops producing eggs, there are no more ovaries, hence no more birth
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    again i asked the question...what people? ithis was just meant to highlight the inaccuracies of the bible, we really dont need to go any further with it...

The people that would be born my friend. You know Life continued on after the fall of Adam and Eve and the killing of Abel by Cain. The sons and daughters that would be born to Adam and Eve would eventually hear about what happened to their first brother Abel and thus might want to get revenge for his killing. That's why ? placed a mark on Cain so that nobody would ? him. I hope I cleared up that point for you. ? bless.
  • toktaylor
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The people that would be born my friend. You know Life continued on after the fall of Adam and Eve and the killing of Abel by Cain. The sons and daughters that would be born to Adam and Eve would eventually hear about what happened to their first brother Abel and thus might want to get revenge for his killing. That's why ? placed a mark on Cain so that nobody would ? him. I hope I cleared up that point for you. ? bless.

In the Bible version it specifies that Eve had help from “the Lord" with her first two sons, Cain and Abel; and with their third son, Seth, it was Adam who became the father of “a” son, who was at last in his father’s likeness:

Genesis: 4:1 “. . and she bore Cain saying. “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord. And again, she bore his brother Abel. . .

Genesis 5: 3 “When Adam had lived a hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.”

The real purpose of the story of Cain and Able is to demonstrate the first time that extra-terrestrial beings had intercourse with human.

Thus the first race of people that were sired through ‘eve’ were bred by the gods from artificial insemination and not by physical sexual means. This led to the sons Cain and Abel being genetically altered to fit the Aliens’ needs and not randomly accessed genetically as would be typical of a human birth.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In the Bible version it specifies that Eve had help from “the Lord" with her first two sons, Cain and Abel; and with their third son, Seth, it was Adam who became the father of “a” son, who was at last in his father’s likeness:

Genesis: 4:1 “. . and she bore Cain saying. “I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord. And again, she bore his brother Abel. . .

Genesis 5: 3 “When Adam had lived a hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.”

The real purpose of the story of Cain and Able is to demonstrate the first time that extra-terrestrial beings had intercourse with human.

Thus the first race of people that were sired through ‘eve’ were bred by the gods from artificial insemination and not by physical sexual means. This led to the sons Cain and Abel being genetically altered to fit the Aliens’ needs and not randomly accessed genetically as would be typical of a human birth.
    HUH? You've been hitting that medi to much. You might need to lay off that top-shelf and get some reggie, because that top-shelf got you on one.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hilarious thread