video of my work out

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Weight Room
i'm slow as hell...i need to up my cardio, cuz i'm obviously gassed......and i put far too much into each punch, i gotta learn how to let that ? flow....

those were the first things that stood out to me seeing myself on camera for the first time....

any more critiques??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    u had these ? worried about u fam LoL .
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    We taught you was laying in a vacant somewhere bruh.....
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    neva that, i was kinda amped friday.. but i just started working out harder.. alotta that frustration and ? just went away....

went off on friday.. 3 rounds of warm up...10 rounds of straight pads...2 rounds of heavy bag....i almost threw up when i finished...went on a nice run saturday.....chilled sunday.. and worked my ass off on monday... dude was like...yo we gotta get the camera in here so u can see how you doing...

i was damn near burned out yesterday when i made this video... but that's no excuse to how lazy i looked in it....

i already see i gotta use my hips more and tighten up those hooks....my arms drop way too low
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    james toney though??
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im saying. like u said, ur lookin a lil fatigued...like the video started from the 4th round of sparring.

im not saying your punches wouldnt hurt. im just saying, you look like the type that would take a beating but knock someone out with 1 punch.

oh it did...that was like round 4 or 5, and i was defeinlty getting gassed....been stringing together more and more combo's lately...
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    put it on youtube
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    maybe when i get home, i don't have acess to youtube @ work....

boxing-o.gif
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yo good ? Du I gained a whole lot of respect going 1 round with a heavy bag yo. You always have to add new routines to your regiment. Check out this new ? they added at my gym it's like some extreme jungle gym. I only made it across once :(

1303350604.jpg
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Smh @ Du looking like James Toney and Chris Arreola out chea! lol Good ? though :tu You definitely need to step your cardio game up and work on your speed. You are putting way too much body into each punch :td Just twist your hips and pivot like you're supposed to. Keep your punches tight. Also, IDK about ducking into the uppercut when you throw it. Also, I noticed you leave your guard down by your chest level at times, as opposed to your face level where you can better protect yourself. Just my take from watching the video (watched it about 6 times).

@ Gutta, that ? look FUN, ? lol
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pretty decent for 4th/5th rd. really need to tighten up your stance and keep ya right up. you drop that ? like you don't need it and you throw a lot of arm punches. Try turning out of your punches and recovering your stance just as fast as you turn into ya punches. I tell my students think of it as trying to drive a nail in the center of a spring. If you have someone on lean it won't take that many punches to sandman their ass. Try focusing more on speed and technique during workouts and not so much brute strength. Power will always be there when needed, even when you're dead tired. Also not sure if I agree with ya Double jab uppercut combo. You throw that uppercut supper low but i believe you're trying to puposely change levels and angles to avoid the punches. If that's the case good ? but i find the straight right works better and if you step in at the angle you'll wind off on their right side and they'll have to adjust leaving you that split second to follow up with a hook, knee or just get outta the way. Good ? nonetheless. Like i said I would jump at the chance to train you if you were down here. Still thinking about competing?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Smh @ Du looking like James Toney and Chris Arreola out chea! lol Good ? though :tu You definitely need to step your cardio game up and work on your speed. You are putting way too much body into each punch :td Just twist your hips and pivot like you're supposed to. Keep your punches tight. Also, IDK about ducking into the uppercut when you throw it. Also, I noticed you leave your guard down by your chest level at times, as opposed to your face level where you can better protect yourself. Just my take from watching the video (watched it about 6 times).

@ Gutta, that ? look FUN, ? lol
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    pretty decent for 4th/5th rd. really need to tighten up your stance and keep ya right up. you drop that ? like you don't need it and you throw a lot of arm punches. Try turning out of your punches and recovering your stance just as fast as you turn into ya punches. I tell my students think of it as trying to drive a nail in the center of a spring. If you have someone on lean it won't take that many punches to sandman their ass. Try focusing more on speed and technique during workouts and not so much brute strength. Power will always be there when needed, even when you're dead tired. Also not sure if I agree with ya Double jab uppercut combo. You throw that uppercut supper low but i believe you're trying to puposely change levels and angles to avoid the punches. If that's the case good ? but i find the straight right works better and if you step in at the angle you'll wind off on their right side and they'll have to adjust leaving you that split second to follow up with a hook, knee or just get outta the way. Good ? nonetheless. Like i said I would jump at the chance to train you if you were down here. Still thinking about competing?
    The Jamel wrote: »
    you didn't bring your hands back up till the end, you raise your chin way too high, you drop your right waaaaaay too low when throwing your left, you lean too far over when protecting your body, leaving you open for an over hand right. get your technique down first then worry about speed, from this video it's obvious you were doing a few rounds, so it's hard to actually guage how you do when you are fresh. and your jab looks like it has no power behind it, like you are just winging it out there. no wasted movement. You look heavy on your feet, you are on your heels alot in the video. try to be more on your toes.

props props and props....

I'll take all that with me when i go out today....

and after seeing myself for the first time, i think competing is wayyyyyyy further down the line than i initially thought, if at all..(i'd still whoop Es-Bee's ass)....the dude who trains me competed in a few toughman contests...so maybe that's why he thought i'd fair well.. he was like them dudes just be hopping in there doing whatever..swinging for the fences with little to no skill at all..taking smoke breaks in between fights n ? ... he said i was defintely better than them....but actually really competing....i think i got to far to go with age working against me...

now that won't stop me from getting in good shape.....maybe even spar a little with some younger cats in a few months.. but i doubt i compete...
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    props props and props....

I'll take all that with me when i go out today....

and after seeing myself for the first time, i think competing is wayyyyyyy further down the line than i initially thought, if at all..(i'd still whoop Es-Bee's ass)....the dude who trains me competed in a few toughman contests...so maybe that's why he thought i'd fair well.. he was like them dudes just be hopping in there doing whatever..swinging for the fences with little to no skill at all..taking smoke breaks in between fights n ? ... he said i was defintely better than them....but actually really competing....i think i got to far to go with age working against me...

now that won't stop me from getting in good shape.....maybe even spar a little with some younger cats in a few months.. but i doubt i compete...

Alright, you gonna end up looking like an old Larry holmes, slow your role. lol. Friends stay gassin their homeboys up only to get a quick reality check in the ring.

Out of curiosity, whats your weight and height?
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Alright, you gonna end up looking like an old Larry holmes, slow your role. lol. Friends stay gassin their homeboys up only to get a quick reality check in the ring.

Out of curiosity, whats your weight and height?

eh...maybe it was just encouragement to keep me motivated.. i can't be mad at him...i know i still need to keep at it, i started initially just to get in shape, it was his suggestion to consider going further with it.....i mean i have a strong competitive streak regardless...so at some point i might wanna see how i would fair... but that's much further down the line if it happens at all....mind you i've only been working out with dude twice sometimes 3 times a week for like 4 months...i just wanted some fresh unbiased eyes on it, honest critiques,stuff like that...it ain't like i'm running out and hopping in the ring with a contender this weekend or something....i'm just working out bruh...

but yea i'm 6 foot even about 260
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    eh...maybe it was just encouragement to keep me motivated.. i can't be mad at him...i know i still need to keep at it, i started initially just to get in shape, it was his suggestion to consider going further with it.....i mean i have a strong competitive streak regardless...so at some point i might wanna see how i would fair... but that's much further down the line if it happens at all....mind you i've only been working out with dude twice sometimes 3 times a week for like 4 months...just wanted some fresh unbiased eyes on it, honest critiques

but yea i'm 6 foot even about 260

i see.

Also, watch what you eat. You'd be amazed how far a good diet and nutrition will take you. Hope it works out.
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    i see.

Also, watch what you eat. You'd be amazed how far a good diet and nutrition will take you. Hope it works out.

oh i watch it alright....
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? that i still say compete. Dude you're younger than me and I got newbs stepping in almost my age ready to fight.
  • Dupac
    edited April 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    ? that i still say compete. Dude you're younger than me and I got newbs stepping in almost my age ready to fight.

thanks for the encouragement, i'll keep pushing myself..i do feel the urge to do better now that i've finally seen myself....its like i gotta nostalgic reputation to uphold, a lotta people remember the terror i used to be with wrestling in highschool...posting that ? on facebook started some ? ....

i'm trying to relight that same fire i had when i was a kid...a ? was fearless back then, i did everything @ 150mph, with little to no regard for how sore my body was or pushing it past the limits......i'm tryna get that kinda intensity back...