New Beyonce single coming soon!

Options
13»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree that Beyonce shouldn't change her style. It's all her, or at least it's what she became and jumped onto.
    From getting out of the hood she never grew up in, to wanting a soldier to bust caps for her, to divas being female hustlers.....she should stay in her lane. Why anyone would want her to change is beyond me. Other than the fact that the music she sings does absolutely nothing for her voice. She excels in more soulful sounds that display her vocal capabilities.

Mane, stop projecting what you feel someone should do. If her success was that easy to replicate all these other ? would be doing what you're saying right now, and i don't understand why ya'll expect Beyonce to cater to a niche genre and fanbase, because that's what r and b and neo-soul is at this point. R and B music does not sell records anymore, and at the end of the day it's about money and reaching as much people as possible to these artist and labels. She is a pop artist, the music she makes if perfect for her voice, what is she suppose to sing BITTER BLACK WOMEN SONGS LIKE MARY J BLIGE AND KEISHA COLE? Her voice is too clean for traditional r and b to me!
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Mane, stop projecting what you feel someone should do. If her success was that easy to replicate all these other ? would be doing what you're saying right now, and i don't understand why ya'll expect Beyonce to cater to a niche genre and fanbase, because that's what r and b and neo-soul is at this point. R and B music does not sell records anymore, and at the end of the day it's about money and reaching as much people as possible to these artist and labels. She is a pop artist, the music she makes if perfect for her voice, what is she suppose to sing BITTER BLACK WOMEN SONGS LIKE MARY J BLIGE AND KEISHA COLE? Her voice is too clean for traditional r and b to me!

Lmao.
    You didn't read anything I said, clearly.
    I never said she should change, at all. I actually agreed with your previous comment which is why I quoted you.
    And no, as a singer myself along with many others agree that this "new age pop" music she is putting out there does not compliment her voice at all. She displays her vocal range when she sings more soulful pieces like the gospel joints she would have on the Destiny's Child albums and the one she has with Luther. She often sounds like she is just speaking very loudly. Halo is a better sound for her VOICE, and sounds like that have become few and far in between for her.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree that certain songs show case her vocal ability better. I also agree that she should stay in her lane because she has been quite successful. I felt a small sense of abandonment when Usher added more pop to his sound, but I can't knock him for wanting to expand his sound to reach more people.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    dam ? in here taking a beyonce track serious as ?
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    to get more money, i dont think usher cares about reaching more people

i doubt beyonce will ever make a great album

yeah, that's what I meant. As a former Usher fan, I didn't just want to straight up say he's about the money. lol
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Beyonce makes music that is beneath her IMO. There's nothing that really showcases Beyonce. It's all the same generic stuff that Keri and Rihanna have been putting out for years, but Beyonce's persona and presence carry the songs. Not to mention that Beyonce's a great singer. Artistically, Beyonce is generic and doesn't really have her own lane. Nobody wants her to confirm and do what Jill, Erykah and other Neo-Soul artist do. Beyonce said herself that she wanted to create a new genre. That's kind of difficult to do when using the same producers, sounds, and songwriters that her contemporaries are using. It's not really so much that it's her using the same producers and writers, but it sounds like the stuff they've done for other artists.
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited April 2011
    Options
    song is horrible. damn!!!!!!
  • meeks973
    meeks973 Members Posts: 106
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yall been going in on beyonce and this song for two days now. lol

but the song is wack to me. who wrote this by the way? im guessing sean garrett? i seen dream tweet about it but i still think its sean garrett. dream write better songs than garrett but thats another discussion

beyonce is doing what she do for her fans, not for others to bash what she doing. she pick the songs to record not yall thats bashing it. if you wanna hear beyonce sing a badu or scott track then listen to badu and scott and say beyonce sang it.
  • MonRoch
    MonRoch Members Posts: 73
    edited April 2011
    Options
    maybe the final one has different lyrics. maybe she was just singin' off the top of her head. yeah, that's it. singin' off the top of her head. :)
  • meeks973
    meeks973 Members Posts: 106
    edited April 2011
    Options
    monroch wrote: »
    maybe the final one has different lyrics. Maybe she was just singin' off the top of her head. Yeah, that's it. Singin' off the top of her head. :)

yeah i read that aint even the final version
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Beyonce makes music that is beneath her IMO. There's nothing that really showcases Beyonce. It's all the same generic stuff that Keri and Rihanna have been putting out for years, but Beyonce's persona and presence carry the songs. Not to mention that Beyonce's a great singer. Artistically, Beyonce is generic and doesn't really have her own lane. Nobody wants her to confirm and do what Jill, Erykah and other Neo-Soul artist do. Beyonce said herself that she wanted to create a new genre. That's kind of difficult to do when using the same producers, sounds, and songwriters that her contemporaries are using. It's not really so much that it's her using the same producers and writers, but it sounds like the stuff they've done for other artists.

_________ Thread __________
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Beyonce need to make real music
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

I agree. I don't expect Beyonce to make ground breaking music, but she is the one saying she wants to be an icon and legend. To me, she has not done anything musically to be a legend. She wants to be on the level of Aretha, Patti, and Diana, but she does not put out the music to be on their caliber. I don't think Beyonce can make a strickly R&B album because her fanbase is so used to her putting out the mess she does.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree. I don't expect Beyonce to make ground breaking music, but she is the one saying she wants to be an icon and legend. To me, she has not done anything musically to be a legend. She wants to be on the level of Aretha, Patti, and Diana, but she does not put out the music to be on their caliber. I don't think Beyonce can make a strickly R&B album because her fanbase is so used to her putting out the mess she does.

the majority of beyonce's biggest singles are easily forgettable...i can't see her still performing Single Ladies and alot of her other biggest songs 10-15 years from now