What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Highlight: Goin ham on a DJ Premier Beat from Stillmatic.....(Your da Man son)

lightbiznesslightbizness Posts: 8
edited April 2011 in The Reason
What up Allhiphop and The Reason! My name is Highlight and I've been an avid reader of Allhiphop in particular The Reason seeing all of your dicussions about the hip hop game and MCs for years now. Please feel free to critque my music the same. I appreciate ya'll taking the time to listen. Below is a cut from my mixtape Scattered Abroad which you can download for free at www.hardheadglobal.com! Lemme Know...

Replies

• lightbiznesslightbizness Posts: 8
    edited April 2011
    So I'm taking u not feeling lyrics or flow, MCing?
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    not bad yo....one of the better emcee's that i've heard up here.....
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    You do realize that this is NOT a Premier Beat, right????? This is a Large Professor beat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnFHIdxlLo

• a.manna.mann Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    aone415 wrote: »
    You do realize that this is NOT a Premier Beat, right????? This is a Large Professor beat.

edited April 2011
    ppreciate it.....check out and download that mixtape Scattered Abroad at www.hardheadglobal.com
    edited April 2011
    damn! was always told this was a Premo beat.....I'm fucked cuz i already gave the shout out and everything.....check out the other post of me spitting over Hi-tek
  • joe_smokejoe_smoke Posts: 100
    edited April 2011
    damn! was always told this was a Premo beat.....I'm fucked cuz i already gave the shout out and everything.....check out the other post of me spitting over Hi-tek

Sad regardless...always do your research before getting on board shouting out some other producer's name.
    edited April 2011
    ok no doubt u right.....can i have your critque on the actual song? appreciated thanx
  • tab58064tab58064 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Mama said when u have nothing positive to say, dont say nothing.
    My mom said the same thing........ but fuck dat!!! If a nigga can't kill it over this beat he needs to look at another career. It wasn't the worst ever, but when you fuck with a beat like that you need to bring an a game and son didn't. The lyrics were kool, flow was ok, but it just wasn't good enough over-all to be over a beat that's so ill.