Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This when he performed in my city
    [video]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhyscVBComvyQy9JW3[/video]

Winnipeg has 1.8% black people in the city. but half the crowd was black at his concert, i was there.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    Anyone who disagrees with the statement just doesnt like ross. ? , how can u honestly sit there (bein black) n say the opposite, u must not know black people if u can really disagree with the thrread title str8 up, like this aint even a argument. obv he has a white fanbase, but black people holdin rick ross down heavy. i live in a predomnantly white city n i was @ rick ross concert n half the crowd was black, i go to the hood in NC n NY (vacation/black only neighborhood) n what do u hear? BMF every where u go, so please if u honestly think Ross dont put on for the black community n puts his people first unlike other rappers, then ur an idiot. point blank

So you saying Nas and Dead Prez don't do what the thread title suggests?
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ross the best out right now
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    So you saying Nas and Dead Prez don't do what the thread title suggests?

i was gonna answer that. but c'mon man that aint even a question or wat im stating at all breh
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are other artist really catering to white people with their music? Or are alot of ? just so dumb and low that anything that don't sound ignorant isn't for their ears?
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea thats exactly why ross is still here, good music, caterin to his own people

He's coonin too.
  • #1 pick
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Most people, white or black don't buy music, too many ? people with a comment pollutes the forum.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im not sure when Ross became the vehicle of Black empowerment in hip hop. He's too dependent on ? tales and r&b hooks to be saving "Black hip hop."
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    50 destroyed Ross man hood
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Im not sure when Ross became the vehicle of Black empowerment in hip hop. He's too dependent on ? tales and r&b hooks to be saving "Black hip hop."

Yeh what would Rick Ross be with out getting featured RnB Singers to do the Hook's on most his tracks

And as you put it Rick Ross has no content/substance/emotion in his MUsic he just Rap's about selling ? , money and materialism

These clowns act like Rick Ross reprents black people
  • #1 pick
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This when he performed in my city
    [video]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhyscVBComvyQy9JW3[/video]

Winnipeg has 1.8% black people in the city. but half the crowd was black at his concert, i was there.

You know shawty at 3:42
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? it imma say trill ent one mo time n imma add waka n scarface can't believe forgot bout face
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What's worrying is a person like StillDreaming that looks as Rick Ross as an inspration to black people when all Rick Ross Rap's about is selling ? , with featured RnB Singers performing the Hook on most his Songs, over typical Southern Production

Rick Ross formulas is the simple tried and trusted formula for non Artists and basically Rappers who aren't Artists

Write about selling coke, wealth and having ?

Pay for an RnB Singer to Write the Hook and perform the Hook

Pay for a Beat from Justice League, Cool & Dre, Lex Luger etc

That's the formula for 99% of Ricky's Songs

No Lyricism
    No substance
    No Hook performing ability
    no Emotion
    No Soul
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Why is that when anything related to being black is mentioned y'all always thinking its empowerment or black panther type ? ?? Its just a simple observation to dispel an age old internet myth that black ppl don't buy music. For the most part EVERYBODY steals music these days its just that sales can cloud perception of that when one rapper appeals to the LARGEST demographic in this country and one doesn't. That's why I consider Ross an artist. Dude is crafting music that HIS people can feel and appreciate, not just packaging up some ? to peddle to white ppl (Lupe). Ross is proving that you can have a MOSTLY black fanbase and still sell records without compromising the music. THATS WHY BLACK PPL LOVE ROSS
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Boosie and Webbie trusts the black community for support
  • ratchet bity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yea these cats face n bun
  • freeshyne&turk
    freeshyne&turk Members Posts: 52
    edited May 2011
    Options
    far as im concerned i could give a ? bout ross bein a C.O. my pops is a C.O. that dont mean if he come up on a grass plant that is mysteriously growin round my house he gon call the police they 2 many starvin people to discriminate about how muthafuckas get money these days
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Respect ten.

Rozay gotta be on the right side because so many Trannies, Weirdos, Euros, and nobodys are on the other side ;)

Yeah Rozay can hit that chitlin-circuit and the HBCU's because thats his base and thats who he makes music for.

That Strip-club muzik
    That Chevy Caprice muzik
    That backyard Bar B. Que muzik
    That two '12s in the trunk muzik
    That 4 a.m in the Afterhours muzik
    That slammin' bones and bustin' spades muzik
    That parkin' lot pimpin after the club get turnt-out music

You can keep that Euro-? -Techno-Weirdo music that you play to yourself when you alone in your bedroom, thats better your speed.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

50 cent's musical career is over
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    other then RAwse, wacka flocka flames
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i kneeled, faced the east and prayed to ross four times today instead of my usual four

i felt he deserved an extra one

because of ross blacks everywhere enjoy cleaner air, greener lawns, and a brighter tomorrrow
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why is that when anything related to being black is mentioned y'all always thinking its empowerment or black panther type ? ?? Its just a simple observation to dispel an age old internet myth that black ppl don't buy music. For the most part EVERYBODY steals music these days its just that sales can cloud perception of that when one rapper appeals to the LARGEST demographic in this country and one doesn't. That's why I consider Ross an artist. Dude is crafting music that HIS people can feel and appreciate, not just packaging up some ? to peddle to white ppl (Lupe). Ross is proving that you can have a MOSTLY black fanbase and still sell records without compromising the music. THATS WHY BLACK PPL LOVE ROSS

Yeah you are right that Ross hasn't crossed over yet. I just think that there are other artists who rep Black culture without catering to Whites better than Ross. Making music that degrades Black women and promotes drug dealing shouldn't endear him to the Black community that supports him. Mos Def, Common, Monch, Black Thought, & Talib all make soulful music for the people without losing their souls in the process. Salute that instead of some former CO who switched from lining Black men up against walls and checking them for contraband to making music full of "? " and "? " and imaginary coke flips.

His whole genre is compromised. Theres little if any integrity to be found in gangsta/ mafioso rap even if its entertaining.

And Black empowerment isn't limited to Black Panther types. Every time a Black person graduates from school, or buys some land, or starts a business they are furthering the goal of Black empowerment.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rawse isn't the type of artist that can do tracks like "Find Your Love" or "Airplanes" and still keep a career.

He has to continue to do street anthems b/c the pop fanbase probably won't accept him if he crosses over and he'll lose his current fanbase.

He's done songs like "Here I Am" "Magnificent" and "Rich Off ? " but that's about as far as he can go........ Street-Love songs.

No way he can do crossover songs like "Show Goes On"
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i c/s this thread cuz blk folk support rozay if u go 2 a BLK COLLEGE like HAMPTON UNIVERSITY ya gonna hear da BAWSE! if u go 2 a blk club ya gonna hear da BAWSE if u basically go anywherr wit blk folk ya gonna hear da BAWse
    damn i see alot of people dreaming. smh. Ross will never go plat because hes been exposed. And idk what hood yall from but he gets no love here

stupid white boy ? da highest sellin artist n hiphop is a LYIN WHITE RACIST REDNECK ? !
    talik23 wrote: »
    co sign..... these ross stans will never understand that...........

i knew u was a WEIRDO co-signin a ? ...NO MANN!
    mobb deep never sold out

yess they did when they sign;d 2 da GGGAY-UNIT!

loll rozay made da muuunkee eat his own wordz cuz THAT MUUUNKEE TALK WONT DO IT MUUUUNKEE!
  • ratchet bity
    edited May 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.