Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SELF MADE VOL.1

MAYBACH 24th

cop three

one for the crib one for the whip and one for the boombox at the mosque
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I went to southern home boy when it comes to hbcu its southern gambling n everybody else where u went?

i went to Virginia State where we communed with like-minded afrikan militants and learned the ways of sir rozay

sir rozay is here to help my brother

all you have to do is ask
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Even a white poster on the IC ? on this thread by posting a collection of his Rick Ross CD's

Then all of a suddan StillDreaming back tracked and changed up what he was saying lol
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just like i expected the coward H Rap runs like Micheal Johnson at the Olympics when skooled and presented with facts

Is what it is

Yes, the reason why I believe many within our community respect the product from Maybach music is because its pretty consistent in its direction.

A better and more current "run" analogy would be Usain Bolt rather than Michael Johnson.

121374519.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304647556&Signature=qVLVnU9JCpycJIo9OoqcTbs32VM%3D

Did you know that Maybach has a Latino division (Maybach Latino), and a Jamacian division (Maybach Jamaica)??
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I went to southern home boy when it comes to hbcu its southern grambling n everybody else where u went?
    Bruh don't pay that weirdo no mind. This is his gimmick now, just let him be. He been ran out.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Shadyteam stop spamming this thread up with Em ? . I'm sorry that your definition of "urban" means poor. Or that you feel blacks should relate to Em just because he was "impoverished". Just get it through your thick skull that no matter what Em does there will always be a demographic of listeners who just wont give a ? ........same with Ross. At this point I've made my case EXTREMELY clear on what I'm trying to say. If you still don't get it then there is nothing more I can tell you. As the years pass I want you to remember the interaction I had with you in this thread, hopefully the knowledge I've kicked to you will soak in and you'll appreciate the perspective I've made you aware of. Hopefully Ross' next album lives up to the premise of this thread.

SELF MADE

MAYBACH 24TH 2011

BAWSE

No i said Eminem grew up in an Urban enviroment and City he grew up in Detroit in section 8 housing on welfare, single parent home in African American populated neighborhoods how he dresses, talks and what he been through is based on him growing up in that Urban enviroment in the D

Rick Ross grew up in Carol City which technically is a Suburb of Miami like your buddy H Rap said lower middle class, he went to a prestigious College, played Football, was working at the age of 19 in law enforcement as a Corrections Ofiicer grew up in a City more populated by Hispanics than African Americans
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i went to Virginia State where we communed with like-minded afrikan militants and learned the ways of sir rozay

sir rozay is here to help my brother

all you have to do is ask

Lol imma asked him when I see him . The thread said is he the last in the answer still is no
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Yes, the reason why I believe many within our community respect the product from Maybach music is because its pretty consistent in its direction.

A better and more current "run" analogy would be Usain Bolt rather than Michael Johnson.

121374519.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304647556&Signature=qVLVnU9JCpycJIo9OoqcTbs32VM%3D

Did you know that Maybach has a Latino division (Maybach Latino), and a Jamacian division (Maybach Jamaica)??

Is that 211 in the middle?
  • b@squ1@t redux
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol imma asked him when I see him . The thread said is he the last in the answer still is no

sir rozay will answer all your questions

let me ask you a question...

have you been baptised in moet while wearing buggati underwear yet?
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No i said Eminem grew up in an Urban enviroment and City he grew up in Detroit in section 8 housing on welfare, single parent home in African American populated neighborhoods how he dresses, talks and what he been through is based on him growing up in that Urban enviroment in the D

Rick Ross grew up in Carol City which technically is a Suburb of Miami like your buddy H Rap said lower middle class, he went to a prestigious College, played Football, was working at the age of 19 in law enforcement as a Corrections Ofiicer grew up in a City more populated by Hispanics than African Americans

Who gives a ? eminem is still not black

Youre definetely not black to say some stupid ? like this
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^Deceased
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I find it pathetic though that StillDreaming actually think Rick Ross is a Pro Black Rapper like Dead Prez lmao

Rick Ross is no different to the millions of other Hustler/Mafasio/Trap Rappers out there
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited May 2011
    Options
    realest troll trolling....
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Who gives a ? eminem is still not black

Youre definetely not black to say some stupid ? like this

And who said Eminem was black? the simplest point you missed was Eminem grew up around poor Urban blacks in Detroit his entire life from child hood up until he blew up in the Music game, his best friend was black, he even lived at 1 point with a black family Proofs mother took him in when he was homeless, he worked with blacks when he was cleaning dishes for a living same people he is friends with now Mr Porter and Kuniva he used to work with growing up, went to skools populated mostly by blacks

It's not about skin tone it's about the enviroment Eminem grew up in was raised in and who he was raised around since child hood that shaped the person he is
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Ross doesnt need or depend on the white community to sell records

he goes gold without compromising the quality of his music

That was the point that Stilldreaming was trying to make and I dont believe any amount of trolling or spamming can change that.

Shadyteam stop spamming this thread up with Em ? . I'm sorry that your definition of "urban" means poor. Or that you feel blacks should relate to Em just because he was "impoverished". Just get it through your thick skull that no matter what Em does there will always be a demographic of listeners who just wont give a ? ........same with Ross. At this point I've made my case EXTREMELY clear on what I'm trying to say. If you still don't get it then there is nothing more I can tell you. As the years pass I want you to remember the interaction I had with you in this thread, hopefully the knowledge I've kicked to you will soak in and you'll appreciate the perspective I've made you aware of. Hopefully Ross' next album lives up to the premise of this thread.

SELF MADE

MAYBACH 24TH 2011

BAWSE

I must add that getting close and hands on with the black community is key, because our people will turn their backs on you quickly if you get hi-saditty and act like you too good.

125964902.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648136&Signature=O1Kn8VLOOYCZYiQJH6S5BHCmzQE%3D
    126077416.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648177&Signature=yTFF8Xs3PfPvcSGpvzvrKqP6Iuw%3D

Especially the Sistas. LOL
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

CTE or Nothing...Didn't know Ross was a 211 fan

8732_cte_photoshoot_2eleven_002.jpg
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That was the point that Stilldreaming was trying to make and I dont believe any amount of trolling or spamming can change that.

I must add that getting close and hands on with the black community is key, because our people will turn their backs on you quickly if you get hi-saditty and act like you too good.

125964902.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648136&Signature=O1Kn8VLOOYCZYiQJH6S5BHCmzQE%3D
    126077416.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648177&Signature=yTFF8Xs3PfPvcSGpvzvrKqP6Iuw%3D

Especially the Sistas. LOL

Exactly. Once you lose your pass from the black community, yo ass ain't getting back WORD TO CURTIS JACKSON
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Again H Rap you seen that footage of that nerdy looking white kid acting like a ? and getting more excited at the Rick Ross concert more than anyone lol

You seen the white dude on here that posted a pic of his Rick Ross CD collection showing his hand

You are aware white consumers are the majority of Hip Hop Music buyers and you are aware Rick Ross has 4 Gold Albums as well as countless Hit Singles on the Billboard Chart

You are aware historically white suburban teens have purchased Gangsta Rap/Hustler Rap more than any other demographic
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    realest troll trolling....

The object is to manipulate the Trolls into thinking they are really trolling while they increase the post count of your thread to make it more popular and stuck at the top of the page. :)

ptowndonte wrote: »
    CTE or Nothing...Didn't know Ross was a 211 fan
    211 is a huge Rick Ross fan...you didnt know that??

I dont think the majority of us are tribalistic animals that would allow affiliations with various gangs, crews, or record labels steer us from showing love to each other. In a white mans world that might be a wonderful scenario, but us Black folks would rather have unity whenever possible.

126333838.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648691&Signature=QfeGkBEN42vcbBeZt6BHTRq%2B6m0%3D
    126393093.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648728&Signature=JlQ1X6oSeYAKLvKDt1NRPqgsufg%3D
    126414340.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648756&Signature=NqNtF5XuMOWjZ7%2BAA0UX7nFk%2BRM%3D

Unity is important in this industry, and it should also be important in our community..but we have to have people we can trust.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    more white people buy eminem albums than rick ross albums
    1 white dude in the crowd and 1 white dude on the ic don't change that
  • Kushington
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And who said Eminem was black? the simplest point you missed was Eminem grew up around poor Urban blacks in Detroit his entire life from child hood up until he blew up in the Music game, his best friend was black, he even lived at 1 point with a black family Proofs mother took him in when he was homeless, he worked with blacks when he was cleaning dishes for a living same people he is friends with now Mr Porter and Kuniva he used to work with growing up, went to skools populated mostly by blacks

It's not about skin tone it's about the enviroment Eminem grew up in was raised in and who he was raised around since child hood that shaped the person he is

thats ? because alot of white people grow up poor or around blacks and dont act like eminem, ever heard of country music, thats for poor white people

he is white no matter what....look at his music, its not like the rest of hip hop, and u cant compare him to ross

black people dont even listen to eminem like that unless hes featured on somebody elses ? and definetely dont listen to him in their cars

His environment and upbringing doesnt matter cause he's still white

I dont even understand the point youre trying to make...are you saying because eminem grew up around poor blacks he's a realer hip hop artist than rick ross? if so, thats a stupid ass point
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A Hustler/Street Rapper that actually has barley any white fans or listeners and is almost entirley supported by the black listeners only is someone like French Montana, Young Dro, Uncle Murda etc

Rick Ross Singles alone are too friendley and commercial sounding for him to not have mostly whites purchase his Albums he doesn't make dark, ? , underground Rap his formula of Singles and Album tracks is the most commercial and Radio friendley based popular RnB Singers doing the Hook's with typical Southern Production with a lotta Bass and a lotta party Songs

So what dream world you living in H Rap
  • Kushington
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A Hustler/Street Rapper that actually has barley any white fans or listeners and is almost entirley supported by the black listeners only is someone like French Montana, Young Dro, Uncle Murda etc

Rick Ross Singles alone are too friendley and commercial sounding for him to not have mostly whites purchase his Albums he doesn't make dark, ? , underground Rap his formula of Singles and Album tracks is the most commercial and Radio friendley based popular RnB Singers doing the Hook's with typical Southern Production with a lotta Bass and a lotta party Songs

So what dream world you living in H Rap

Youre an idiot and i doubt you even live in america and i know you aint black
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I see this thread blew up even more since it was posted on the IC front page, but good thread overall . Ross needs the black community for them album and concert sales, I don't think I've heard any white people talk about Rick Ross.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The object is to manipulate the Trolls into thinking they are really trolling while they increase the post count of your thread to make it more popular and stuck at the top of the page. :)

211 is a huge Rick Ross fan...you didnt know that??

I dont think the majority of us are tribalistic animals that would allow affiliations with various gangs, crews, or record labels steer us from showing love to each other. In a white mans world that might be a wonderful scenario, but us Black folks would rather have unity whenever possible.

126333838.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648691&Signature=QfeGkBEN42vcbBeZt6BHTRq%2B6m0%3D

126414340.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304648756&Signature=NqNtF5XuMOWjZ7%2BAA0UX7nFk%2BRM%3D

Unity is important in this industry, and it should also be important in our community..but we have to have people we can trust.

Why did your picture magically disappear?

6240243.jpg?508
This discussion has been closed.