Kareem abdul jabbar was not only more dominant than jordan, but more revolutionary.

Options

Comments

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem played how many straight seasons? If he takes 2 seasons off to play squash then he comes back and wins 10 straight rings. He gets healthy and has no mental fatigue. He would have came back and dominated Shaq and Penny instead of getting embarrassed. Are we going to stick to the history now?
  • Robert TOWNsend
    Robert TOWNsend Members Posts: 1,275
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem was a constant winner throughout his entire basketball playing career, not just nba.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem's level of play in the playoffs (time when it mattered the most) dropped cosiderably which contributed to their losses in the playoffs during the 80's. Had Jordan played the 3 seasons he missed in his prime he would've been the all time scoring leader in 5 yrs less time at that. Jordan was also more efficient player which is mind boggling considering Kareem played closer to the basket. Jordan's performances in the post season far out weigh Kareem's and his level of play raised considerably compared to Kareem's whose tailed off. Jordan averaged more points per season than Kareem even though he played further from the basket. He was also a better defender than Kareem and the best since Russell when you look at the numbers and performances. All in all Jordan achieved the same level of dominance in far less time period against at the very least equal level of competition. When you talk about changing the game Jordan ascended the game and showed the way a guard can efficiently dominate ball games. With all that said Kareem definitely has a case for GOAT.

Theres a lot of ? and outright lies in here but WHAT???

Kareem played the all time greats, including Wilt. Jordan played WHO? Who did Jordan play that was equal to the competition Kareem did? What great all time team did Jordan play in the finals??? Jordan played Jeff Hornacek and Craig Elho. Stop it.

kareem-versus-wilt.jpg

Vs

1397240_display_image.jpg?1290557323

smh. Yall ? need to put them Spacejams away and confront reality.
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How many times have I said this on this forum?

FINALLY, someone listens.

Word to this ? here.

1) Kareem

2) Mike

3) Magic

in that order.

cosign the top 2 , but how can these ? in the cheap seats constantly diss Kobe for playin wit Shaq for 3 rings when Magic had Kareem for ALL 5 of his. arguably the GOAT!!!! when Magic wasnt wit Kareem , he just crushed in the finals 4-1 to the bulls. Magic without Kareem 0-1.with him he was 5-4 (9 finals total with 5 rings).......Kobe on the other hand is 2-1 without Shaq and 3-1 with him. so i cosign Kareem def being the GOAT becuz he was dominant for so long but we need a spinoff on how Magic gets a pass that yall dont give Kobe.....my point is Kobe>>>Magic.
    Erving never had to play with anyone as soft as Gasol.
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dabull wrote: »
    cosign the top 2 , but how can these ? in the cheap seats constantly diss Kobe for playin wit Shaq for 3 rings when Magic had Kareem for ALL 5 of his. arguably the GOAT!!!! when Magic wasnt wit Kareem.

Magic had ? and injuries at the time, in his defense. But kareem is still the GOAT.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    cosign the top 2 , but how can these ? in the cheap seats constantly diss Kobe for playin wit Shaq for 3 rings when Magic had Kareem for ALL 5 of his. arguably the GOAT!!!! when Magic wasnt wit Kareem , he just crushed in the finals 4-1 to the bulls. Magic without Kareem 0-1.with him he was 5-4 (9 finals total with 5 rings).......Kobe on the other hand is 2-1 without Shaq and 3-1 with him. so i cosign Kareem def being the GOAT becuz he was dominant for so long but we need a spinoff on how Magic gets a pass that yall dont give Kobe.....my point is Kobe>>>Magic.

Why are you talking about shaq and these ? . Stick to the thread title bruh.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

good point,Kobe haters ain't gonna like that
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    You cant talk about the 2 year break.... 2 year break = giving up.. Im just being fair... If your brain can no longer mentally handle the stress of a season, he'd probably have lost those 2 years because he was breaking down mentally.... he admitted that... Lets just be fair... He was no longer "hungry"... Kobe Stay hungry... (this is just a fact, I know you'll get all worked up, but I just speak facts)....

You cant credit him for a 2 year vacation that most players wish they could take.
    lol @ kobe stay hungry. ? he just quit in the 2nd round after game 2. jordan is the GOAT
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem was a force to be reckoned with on the court..I don't see how anyone could forget.

And his fight with Bruce Lee on Game Of Death..memorable (actually was one of Bruce's students in Jeet Kune Do.)

But nevertheless..Lew Alcindor= G.O.A.T.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)
    ReppinTime smittysmith MallyG

lol this smitty ? been in here for like 30minutes writing his reaching ass paragraph of lies to discredit Kareem and prop up Pippen's sidekick
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Let's forget stats and talk about level of energy. During a stretch from 87-90 Jordan was averaging 30 ppg 8 ass and 8 reb on top of being DPOY, 1st team defenseman, and best defender in basketball! Do you have any idea what stress that puts on the body and energy it takes to play at that level every night? Did Kareem every show this level of energy?

Now back to efficiency argument. Efficiency is graded on three criteria: points, assists, and rebounds. If you look at their yearly numbers Jordan is more efficient. Jordan took more shots yes, he touched the ball more and was by far the the only offensive option for years until Pippen caught stride and the other complimentary pieces were in place. Jordan was better in the postseason, more production on both ends of the court and a ton of clutch shots.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jordan won the same amount of championships without anyone as good as Oscar Robertson and the Best PG of all time Magic Johnson
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Theres a lot of ? and outright lies in here but WHAT???

Kareem played the all time greats, including Wilt. Jordan played WHO? Who did Jordan play that was equal to the competition Kareem did? What great all time team did Jordan play in the finals??? Jordan played Jeff Hornacek and Craig Elho. Stop it.

kareem-versus-wilt.jpg

Vs

1397240_display_image.jpg?1290557323

smh. Yall ? need to put them Spacejams away and confront reality.

Um, Jordan Embarrassed Clyde Drexle(one of the best SG's of all time) in the Finals.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Let's forget stats

rofl! I stopped there smmfh this ? of all people
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Let's forget stats and talk about level of energy

Rofl ? what? Level of energy? This is some new ? .

. During a stretch from 87-90 Jordan was averaging 30 ppg 8 ass and 8 reb on top of being DPOY, 1st team defenseman, and best defender in basketball! Do you have any idea what stress that puts on the body and energy it takes to play at that level every night? Did Kareem every show this level of energy?

During a stretch of 1969-1979 kareem averaged about 27.5 points and 15 rebounds with 4 assists with 3.5 blocks and over 1 steal pg. 8 All defensive teams. Funny how you say let's forget about stats, then post stats, then get your stats crushed.

Now back to efficiency argument. Efficiency is graded on three criteria: points, assists, and rebounds.

NBA.com evaluates all players based on the efficiency formula: ((Points + Rebounds + Assists + Steals + Blocks) - ((Field Goals Att. - Field Goals Made) + (Free Throws Att. - Free Throws Made) + Turnovers)).

If you look at their yearly numbers Jordan is more efficient. Jordan took more shots yes, he touched the ball more and was by far the the only offensive option for years until Pippen caught stride and the other complimentary pieces were in place

Jordan was the only offensive option when orlando woolride averaged 19 ppg before jordan then 22 ppg in his rookie year, then 20 in jordan's second when jordan was injured?

Jordan was better in the postseason, more production on both ends of the court and a ton of clutch shots.

More ppg =/= better, everything you've said is opinion, just shut up stanley. Will you try to argue next that jordan's fade away was more dominant and unstoppable than the sky hook? rofl

Dog you're losing terribly
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jordan won the same amount of championships without anyone as good as Oscar Robertson and the Best PG of all time Magic Johnson

How many did magic without kareem? 0, how many did oscar win without kareem? 0
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well damn.... lol
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You do know using that formula Jordan is shown to be the most efficient player ever right? I already said Kareem has claim to GOAT how is that stannin'.
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You do know using that formula Jordan is shown to be the most efficient player ever right? I already said Kareem has claim to GOAT how is that stannin'.

You also said forget about stats, then post jordan stats and got your point sonned badly. And will you prove the bold? If so, you have won only one part of your argument out of about 10.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Um, Jordan Embarrassed Clyde Drexle(one of the best SG's of all time) in the Finals.

Are you going to pretend that that Trailblazers team was an all time great team? That they hold up to the type of competition Kareem and people like Magic Bird and Isiah faced?
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who did Jordan beat? What great teams did Jordan beat in the finals? What great teams did Jordan beat period? I'll wait. lol I know the ones that beat him for 7 straight years.

Kareem's competition>>>>>>>>

and he still won SIX rings
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are you going to pretend that that Trailblazers team was an all time great team? That they hold up to the type of competition Kareem and people like Magic Bird and Isiah faced?

SO because he beat better teams and had WAY better teamates then Jordan hes better?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who did Jordan beat? What great teams did Jordan beat in the finals? What great teams did Jordan beat period? I'll wait. lol I know the ones that beat him for 7 straight years.

Kareem's competition>>>>>>>>

and he still won SIX rings
    I agree somewhat, Jordans first 3 teams he faced in the finals were great, the last 3 was average. But just because Kareem had better competetion that makes him better?
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    SO because he beat better teams and had WAY better teamates then Jordan hes better?

Kareem has been dominant his entire basketball playing career, and don't give me no ? that dean smith held jordan back BOY.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How many did magic without kareem? 0, how many did oscar win without kareem? 0

That doesnt make Magic the best PG ever?