fishoil???

Options
j dash
j dash Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Weight Room
I've done a little research on this but it was suggested i start taking these since i began working out again. what do these do for people who work out?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • j dash
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Coo. thanks for the info, ya'll
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah, i got a big ass bottle from walmart last week.. I pose 2 take 2 a day but i only take one and a centrum
  • j dash
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah the gel caps are big as ? . i have to slam damn near two glasses of water for it to go down.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    So they don't have any weight loss affects?

in the short run: NO

and long run: YES (indirectly)

Because it helps for a stronger and healther heart and also helps regulate cholesterol in the body

something alot of people over look and take for grant when working out and in life in general

I take a combo of fish oil and flax seed oil.
  • j dash
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    in the short run: NO

and long run: YES (indirectly)

Because it helps for a stronger and healther heart and also helps regulate cholesterol in the body

something alot of people over look and take for grant when working out and in life in general

I take a combo of fish oil and flax seed oil.

what does the flax seed oil do?
  • a.mann
    edited February 2010
    Options
    j dash wrote: »
    what does the flax seed oil do?

Flaxseed oil...also called Linseed Oil .....contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, fiber, protein, and zinc and provides approximately 50% more omega-3 oils than what you could get from taking fish oil alone.

Nealy every system in the body can benefit from taking it
    including the cardiovascular system, immune system, circulatory system, reproductive system, nervous system, as well as joints.
  • a.mann
    edited February 2010
    Options
    More info about Flaxseed oil:

- Research shows low incidence of breast cancer and colon cancer in populations that have high amounts of lignan in their diet. Flax is 100 times richer in lignan than most whole grains.

- Studies show that Omega-3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol and blood triglycerides, and prevent clots in arteries, which may result in strokes, heart attacks and thromboses.

- Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function.

- Shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion.

- Increases the body's production of energy and also increases stamina.

- Accelerates the healing of sprains and bruises.

- Eases weight loss in people afflicted with obesity.

- Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat.

- Improves the absorption of Calcium.

- Strengthens finger and toenails.

- Can improve eyesight and perception of colors.

- Can often improve the function of the liver.

- Can relieve the side effects and stop development of many forms of cancer.

- Can relieve some cases of Asthma.

- Helpful in the treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff.

- Can relieve the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can relieve the symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus.

- Can alleviate some allergies.

- Helps prevent Atherosclerosis (the accumulation of fatty deposits inside the blood vessels, especially the large and medium-sized arteries, that many people experience during the aging process).

- Lowers high blood pressure in Hypertension sufferers.

- Has been scientifically proven to treat some cases of depression.

- Can improve the mental function of many old age pensioners.

- Can help in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

- Has been proven to improve the behavior of Schizophrenics.

- Can relieve some cases of Premenstrual Syndrome (? ) in females.
  • j dash
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    More info about Flaxseed oil:

- Research shows low incidence of breast cancer and colon cancer in populations that have high amounts of lignan in their diet. Flax is 100 times richer in lignan than most whole grains.

- Studies show that Omega-3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol and blood triglycerides, and prevent clots in arteries, which may result in strokes, heart attacks and thromboses.

- Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function.

- Shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion.

- Increases the body's production of energy and also increases stamina.

- Accelerates the healing of sprains and bruises.

- Eases weight loss in people afflicted with obesity.

- Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat.

- Improves the absorption of Calcium.

- Strengthens finger and toenails.

- Can improve eyesight and perception of colors.

- Can often improve the function of the liver.

- Can relieve the side effects and stop development of many forms of cancer.

- Can relieve some cases of Asthma.

- Helpful in the treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff.

- Can relieve the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can relieve the symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus.

- Can alleviate some allergies.

- Helps prevent Atherosclerosis (the accumulation of fatty deposits inside the blood vessels, especially the large and medium-sized arteries, that many people experience during the aging process).

- Lowers high blood pressure in Hypertension sufferers.

- Has been scientifically proven to treat some cases of depression.

- Can improve the mental function of many old age pensioners.

- Can help in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.

- Has been proven to improve the behavior of Schizophrenics.

- Can relieve some cases of Premenstrual Syndrome (? ) in females.

Well damn! ? sounds like everyone should be taking this. prolly go to the local GNC and pick some up. thanks for the info, fam.
  • a.mann
    edited February 2010
    Options
    j dash wrote: »
    Well damn! ? sounds like everyone should be taking this. prolly go to the local GNC and pick some up. thanks for the info, fam.

the average person doesn't hardly even knows the benifits of taking a daily multi-vitamin. So flaxseed oil would be considered "advance" even tho it's just as easy and not that expensive buy at your local Wal-Mart

(which is where I can mine)
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? is good for u.. u dont even have to go to gmc.. i get mines from walgreens and target.
  • j dash
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? is good for u.. u dont even have to go to gmc.. i get mines from walgreens and target.

Is it expensive? do they come in miligrams and if so how much should i start taking a day?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    make sure its mercury free when you buy it, gnc or vitamin world might be the best place to buy it because walmart low quality ? , them ? promote good health and a lot of different ways but they dont work miracles dont get it twisted, if you care about your health tho definitly take them you will probably age a lot better and feel better overall taking them