Baby Daddy/Baby Mama

Options

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think if the mother or father is not around then use that title, but if you both take care of the child even if your not dating or married that ? should not apply.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    I think if the mother or father is not around then use that title, but if you both take care of the child even if your not dating or married that ? should not apply.

now that makes sense

and thats typically how it is when i hear that term used.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I say my daughters father.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    not that makes sense

and thats typically how it is when i hear that term used.
    this chick i was talking to the other day kept saying thatand im like arent you and dude together ... she is like yea.. im like doesn't he take care of his child.... um yea then why the ? do you keep calling him your baby daddy... ? dont even sound right.
  • **2sweet**
    **2sweet** Members Posts: 205
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nope.
    I would never wanna be called a baby daddy
    I prefer ex-husband anyday of the week due to the fact it implies we were a family
    baby daddy sounds like an accident that you stuck with.

finally a poster with a some sense.

Nothing is wrong with having a kid out of wedlock, but downplaying marriage just because you dont agree with it, or you are already somebodys baby mama or baby daddy is just wrong.

And at the end of the day, I would rather be married, or an ex-wife.

smh @ some people thinking that being an ex-wife is a failure, and being a baby mama is not.
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    **2sweet** wrote: »
    finally a poster with a some sense.

Nothing is wrong with having a kid out of wedlock, but downplaying marriage just because you dont agree with it, or you are already somebodys baby mama or baby daddy is just wrong.

And at the end of the day, I would rather be married, or an ex-wife.

smh @ some people thinking that being an ex-wife is a failure, and being a baby mama is not.

Ma, divorce is the ULTIMATE downplaying of marriage. The hell you talking about.

A divorce basically says, "Yeah, ? , about that vow I made to you...cant do it, pimpin."

Young lady, whats the difference between an ex-wife and a "baby mama", honestly?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it's still going over ? 's heads LOL

plenty of sorry parents who don't get called BD/BM

but now all of a sudden they got pride and get offended if they get referred to by those "le ghetto" terms haha
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    when speaking loosely, I refer to the mothers of my children as "baby mamaz" but thats depending on whom I'm speaking with.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Will never be a baby mama post
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

we dont believe you....

you need more people
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im neither for or against marriage, do you to the fullest.

but if we're at the same spot in life, how dare you look down on me because you tried harder to get there.
  • beezy f baby
    edited May 2011
    Options
    we dont believe you....

you need more people

I take the necessary precautions to prevent that.
  • **2sweet**
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ma, divorce is the ULTIMATE downplaying of marriage. The hell you talking about.

A divorce basically says, "Yeah, ? , about that vow I made to you...cant do it, pimpin."

and having a kid out of wedlock is not....its like saying "yeah ? i know you told me to get married an all before I started a family but...cant do it".,,and if you really want to bring ? into it, then you should not even be having sex before marriage. but we wont go there because when you put ? into your argument your point became invalid. since both are wrong.

its just my opinion, to say that I would rather be married to the man that I am having a child for. I did not say having a kid out of wedlock is a problem, and I wont bring in ? to support my beliefs. they are both wrong, but trust me, I can tell you that most women who are baby mamas do not like that title and their position. And even if they have been with their man and their man is very supportive, they will still be asking "whats that next step?" or "where do we go from here?". I.e. marriage. just my 2 cents.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Bump...........
    Bump.......

do we have a choice?
  • HustleThaDon
    edited May 2011
    Options

Oh you dont have sex? No wonder you so aggy all the time.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

baby mammas all across the globe have uttered that sentence
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    .... Why use this terminology?

In my opinion that ? just has bad connotations all over it. It just sounds like some trife ? happen .. and bam here came the baby? I mean ? maybe that was the case but. I think ? should move away from refering to the mother/father of their kids as.. BABY MAMA and BABY DADDY.. Idk it jsut sounds stupid to me and wreaks of disrespect for all parties. Sounds like.. he aint ? .. she aint ? . and yeah... thats my kid...

Precisely.

I am his child's mother and that's what I am personally referred to as.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes,
    i got the right to be offended by anything I want, 'specially if that thing is looked at in a negative or adverse way
    I don't like being called a ? , u gon tell me it don't matter cause i'm black so I'm a ? n/e way? FOH slime
    Babyxxxxx is not something I want representing me @ all, respect to those who do but sorry that ? ain't mixxie to me.

but that's just it tho champ

why be offended at the term "baby daddy"?

you were taught to be offended by the word "? " for a good reason................what's your reasoning to be offended at words that have no extra meaning

how does the term BM/BD represent something? who taught you it represents something?

baby daddy does not necessarily equal = ghetto miscreant who mistakenly ? in a club acquaintance

ex-husband really isn't any different, but you still refuse to call a ? a ? cause of semantics

think for yourselves for once my ? children out chea:(
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options
    **2sweet** wrote: »
    its just my opinion, to say that I would rather be married to the man that I am having a child for. I did not say having a kid out of wedlock is a problem, and I wont bring in ? to support my beliefs. they are both wrong, but trust me, I can tell you that most women who are baby mamas do not like that title and their position. And even if they have been with their man and their man is very supportive, they will still be asking "whats that next step?" or "where do we go from here?". I.e. marriage. just my 2 cents.

women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of divorce cases in the United States

apparently, most women don't like the title of "wife" either, at least not for long.

make up y'alls mind.
  • beezy f baby
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    baby mammas all across the globe have uttered that sentence

Lol well im almost 32 and no kids yet so i think im doin pretty good
  • American.Loo
    edited May 2011
    Options

You may never be a baby mama

But you sure could pass for a white Lil Mama.
  • **2sweet**
    edited May 2011
    Options
    women currently file slightly more than two-thirds of divorce cases in the United States

apparently, most women don't like the title of "wife" either, at least not for long.

make up y'alls mind.

we can agree to disagree...ummkay:p
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You may never be a baby mama

But you sure could pass for a white Lil Mama.

307pvzr.gif

• El oh El
    El oh El Members Posts: 323
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I say my daughters father.

From some of your previous post, that's a disrespect to the word "father"