What's Your Opinion on the 2 Billie "aid" Package

Options
Absolute56
Absolute56 Members Posts: 36
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
iReport —
(From my home in Cairo, Egypt)

Extensive Aid Package to Egypt : What I want to know is who will be the "Watchful Eye" to such a Pyramid of wealth? How will it stay out of a current corrupt system? Military Dictatorship!!!

Obama “We will not tolerate aggression across Borders.”

Obama "you must make a choice between hate and hope."

Obama "Mutual respect in Cairo.” "The status quo is un-sustainable."

U.S. will loan 2 Billion dollars to a “Democratic Egypt."
Mr. Obama, Egypt still has a Military Dictatorship. Egyptians are tired of a corrupt system.
Egyptians want jobs, human rights
, etc…despite the millions of dollars ; if the System is Corrupt ~ the money will never make it down to the: youth, the un-employed, or make reforms. It certainly will never get to the Egyptians who need it most.
Mr. Obama, Egypt's Military are committing abuses still ~ how will that stop ?

Egyptians in general like Pres.Obama; the Man, the Leader however, it doesnt like the Foreign Policies of the Country ~ Obama suggested a planned approach to the Palestine & Israeli conflict with a 2 State Solution going back to the 1967 Borders. Will you help MAKE THAT HAPPEN? How will that happen?
Obama, "the street vendor in Tunisia is valued more than the powerful dictator."
What will happen in Syria then ?
Obama,"If Egypt supports; Human rights, economic reform, free speech and right to assembly, etc...then WE will support you."
Who will be the 'watchful eye' for this to occur? Who will be accountable for such support?
May 19th, 2011.
Images by Fatima Puskar-Yaseen.
Cairo, Egypt.
Tags: middle_east, protests, north_africa_obama_speech_democratic_egypt
Posted in Assignment: Unrest in the Arab World

Comments

• Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think it's a smart move: incentivize democratization with debt relief and aid
  • allytamiani
    allytamiani Members Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Obama is very diplomatic personality. He is failed in Afghan War so that's why he declare the message that the American forces leave the Afghanistan in 2014. And as the election comes in America in 2012, he made the fake issue on Osama Bin Laden ? in Pakistan by the American Army.
  • Absolute56
    Absolute56 Members Posts: 36
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    I think it's a smart move: incentivize democratization with debt relief and aid

I disagree. The economy being as bad as it is, $2 billion is a lot of money. I don't really see how this benefits anyone. I think that Republicans will use this and a couple of other things to make make it seem that he made the economy worse by overspending. But I guess that's not saying much because they would find something to nitpick anyway.