Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread [PS3/360]

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »
    LOL Is that right, Mr. Ryu Sentinel? I don't know who you were referring to with 'everybody,' but I admit I haven't been taking some matches as seriously as, say, SSF2. That and the majority of people I've fought do nothing but spam and use weak, easily punishable patterns.

...Or a Strategy Guide/FAQ.

That's true. The majority of wakeup attacks are either damn near invincible, or they occur so fast you hardly ever expect it (i.e. You with that ? Kung Lao spin you spammed)

lol The same ? has happened to me--Muthafuckas have zero skill (You're really trying to dash w/Kabal outside of a combo? :lol), then ? when they get beat. Grow the ? up and get your skils up.

lol I dont know what Ryu Sentinel is supposed to mean, Sentinel was a mid tier character in MVC3 even before he got his health nerfed now he's only used for his assist and as a lvl3 X factor anchor, Ryu is close to low tier in AE and he was mid tier in SSF4.

And I use Ryu in EVERY SF even 3rd Strike where theres no point in using Ryu over Ken, Ryu hasnt been top tier in a SF game since SF2 Hyper Fighting

lol I dont care enough or have enough time to study the game in and out, I just play it for fun, Ive never even used training mode. If you didnt notice I dont know any combos at all

I dont even understand the reasoning behind some of the attacks being invincible on wake up, like I can see why a teleport would be but moves that aint even punishable on block are invincible.

lol I was spamming that Kung Lao move because its invincible and if you block it it pushes far away so you cant punish. Its ? why a developer would have something like that in a game.
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol I dont know what Ryu Sentinel is supposed to mean, Sentinel was a mid tier character in MVC3 even before he got his health nerfed now he's only used for his assist and as a lvl3 X factor anchor, Ryu is close to low tier in AE and he was mid tier in SSF4.

And I use Ryu in EVERY SF even 3rd Strike where theres no point in using Ryu over Ken, Ryu hasnt been top tier in a SF game since SF2 Hyper Fighting

LOL It was an ironic joke considering your play style with both characters regardless of their tier standings.
    wrote:
    lol I dont care enough or have enough time to study the game in and out, I just play it for fun, Ive never even used training mode. If you didnt notice I dont know any combos at all

Yeah, I noticed. And the game is fun and accessible as hell, even if you haven't played a MK game since the '90s, so of course people are gonna play it for fun. Like I said before, I was a little surprised by the online, especially compared to any Capcom fighter, Tekken, etc.--Most people I've fought were doing dumb, obvious ? over and over again.
    wrote:
    I dont even understand the reasoning behind some of the attacks being invincible on wake up, like I can see why a teleport would be but moves that aint even punishable on block are invincible.

...Me neither, especially considering all the talk about how 'balanced' the characters are (Yeah, right).
    wrote:
    lol I was spamming that Kung Lao move because its invincible and if you block it it pushes far away so you cant punish. Its ? why a developer would have something like that in a game.

lol Yeah. That spin is almost as broken/cheap as it was in Trilogy. I wouldn't be surprised if he, Kitana, Kano, and a few other characters got nerfed in the future. And I ain't even gonna start on comboing into the X-Ray Moves...
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol I didnt know there was a cheap way to play Ryu, Im assuming youre talking about zoning. one misplaced fireball and you could lose a chunk of your life/ cost you the game. He has match ups where his fireballs are useless and he has to win strictly with his normals.

Sentinel is a big punching bag/combo ? in MVC3

Kabal was nerfed already, they said Kung Lao is def getting nerfed

It hasnt been out that long so I dont know how good or bad most of the characters are, I didnt think Kabal was all that until I saw Online Tony using him at a tournament

You literally CANT do anything but block he can lock you down the entire fight
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol I didnt know there was a cheap way to play Ryu, Im assuming youre talking about zoning. one misplaced fireball and you could lose a chunk of your life/ cost you the game. He has match ups where his fireballs are useless and he has to win strictly with his normals.

...I never said anything about 'playing cheap,' I was going by what you said about getting bodied by everyone.

wrote:
    It hasnt been out that long so I dont know how good or bad most of the characters are,

...I still haven't even played as everyone. I was referring to those I've played as. And Kabal's whole purpose in MK games is to get nerfed--I remember how he was damn near unstoppable when MK3 first dropped...
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    barakas got a good move set, he just needs some damage amplification

baraka sucks ? and always will, that guy has no personality or characterization hes just an ugly ? with a weak costume.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I still haven't played online in this.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    I still haven't played online in this.

I heard the netcode is ass
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I heard the netcode is ass

yea its pretty bad, they supposed to be patching it though
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What's this netcode stuff?
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Brady talking ? with that Fatality?
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol I know most MK pros dont do fatalities, its kinda like taunting I guess

This Blazblue ? is kinda hype
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When they talk about characters being free, what does that mean?
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    When they talk about characters being free, what does that mean?

free= easy win, dont have to work for it lol
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh ok...

So I had 15 bucks to spare, and I got gave in and got AE. I feel like I have big learning curve to get into with this game.
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cotton 3rd Strike came out as DLC last week right? How much was it?
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MK9 on on both stream

Tom Brady vs Sabin on CEO stream
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GTariq wrote: »
    Cotton 3rd Strike came out as DLC last week right? How much was it?

Nah I dont think they gave a release date yet
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Chris G taking it to Brady right now. Brady was up 2-0
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Brady done playing...Going to Noob
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Tom Brady on blast lol finals was hype!

Damn Chris G took over the East Coast in MVC3 and MK9
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Down goes Brady. Eli Manning once again takes down Brady!!!

Chris G went HAM on Brady.
  • GTariq
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That green guy is going to get nerfed.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Has any DLC drop for this game yet?
  • KillaCham