The Official J.Cole Vs. Big Sean Thread!

Options

Comments

• EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Good Music>>Hit Singles

Some "Hit Singles" from the last ten years

-Turn My Swag On
    -Crank Dat
    -O Lets Do It
    -Lemonade
    -Lollipop

Hit singles should not be part of the criteria of judging rappers.
    Yeah all those songs did major numbers on the billboards but doesn't make them good quality music.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Big Sean is obviously the least talented artist on his own album.

John Legend outshines him on "Memories"

The Dream outshines him on "Live this Life"

Wiz Khalifa, thats right, Wiz ? Khalifa outshines him on "High"

Lupe doesn't count, cuz Lupe is one of the best rappers in the game, a lot of people get outshined by him

- Kanye spits a ? verse and EASILY outshines him

The only song were Sean isn't BLATANTLY embarassed is "100 keys", and he's featuring Rick Ross who isn't known as a premier spitta in the first place. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean is the LEAST important part of his album. The fact is its a greatly produced product with mediocre to below average lyricism.

Lol at outshined. That's what wrong with you all listeners. You all think every song is supposed to be a battle? You actually think Big Sean went into the studio and said " let's go at it" Hell naw! That ? said let's make a dope track. Big Sean is having fun on tracks. J.Cole is uncomfortable and out of his comfort zone on his singles. Music ain't supposed serious all the time.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Guns wrote: »
    ask a record company if a hit matters or not lulz

Can't tell these ? nothing
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A lot of rappers not just Big Sean don't have creativeness and artistic value whatsoever.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A lot of rappers not just Big Sean don't have creativeness and artistic value whatsoever.

Lol at creativeness and artistic value. I swear I done with you all.
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i guess big sean>j.cole lol.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    When Where And Why did this comparison start?
    Because they both were in the same freshmen class. J.Cole dropped the ball in imo. This was supposed to be his summer. The fall is crowded with veteran artists releasing albums.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i see, i see.
  • Guns
    edited June 2011
    Options

lol i use to look at ? jealous

lol @ the song that comes on after this track smh
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Remember looking for trouble? Big Sean Vs. J.Cole.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ask a record company if a hit matters or not lulz

Ask Chris Brown if a hit matters. lol If you want to call a song that didn't even get into the top 40 a hit.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited June 2011
    Options

Lupe doesn't count, cuz Lupe is one of the best rappers in the game, a lot of people get outshined by him

The only song were Sean isn't BLATANTLY embarassed is "100 keys", and he's featuring Rick Ross who isn't known as a premier spitta in the first place. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean is the LEAST important part of his album. The fact is its a greatly produced product with mediocre to below average lyricism.

lol @ kanye spitting 2 out of 3 verses on the marvin gaye and chardonay joint like it was his album...that song is hot though coullda went without rosHOE Trash (shoulda put trey on that)
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol i use to look at ? jealous

lol @ the song that comes on after this track smh

Smh at these ? in here saying Cole is better than Cyhi.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it's sad j cole hasn't came out yet. he's gonna burn himself out by the time he drops. lol big sean is boring as fu.ck!!!!

? jay z bout to drop a new album and willow smith lol this fool been wit jay since late 07 lol. drake came out around the same time and he bout to drop his 2nd album lol!!!
  • EmbezzelJayR
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it's sad j cole hasn't came out yet. he's gonna burn himself out by the time he drops. lol big sean is boring as fu.ck!!!!

? jay z bout to drop a new album and willow smith lol this fool been wit jay since late 07 lol. drake came out around the same time and he bout to drop his 2nd album lol!!!
    His album drops september, If he pushes back again He'll end up like DR.dre "Detox"
  • Guns
    edited June 2011
    Options

Smh at these ? in here saying Cole is better than Cyhi.

smh........................
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

smh at these ? in here saying cole is better than cyhi.
    now that ? cyhi is dat ? !!!! Why is boring ass big sean comming out before cyhi? THAT ? KILLED KANYES "SO APPALLED"
  • Guns
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Ask Chris Brown if a hit matters. lol If you want to call a song that didn't even get into the top 40 a hit.

where did i say anything about a particular record being a hit or not?

i don't care about hits and numbers because obviously i'm not a record company.

LOL

unless i have to go to work on the munnnkeee enforcers that bring up their ? agenda
  • DayDay34
    edited June 2011
    Options
    now that ? cyhi is dat ? !!!! Why is boring ass big sean comming out before cyhi? THAT ? KILLED KANYES "SO APPALLED"

big sean got a hit. them ? don't. big sean killed cyhi on woody doo.
  • Guns
    edited June 2011
    Options

yeah, i was wondering the same thing.

but everybody gonna get their turn, ayeeeeeeee.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

All this "outshines" stuff is irrelevant and inaccurate..how does your hook man outshine you?? did they add to the song?? of course..but they didn't "outshine" Big Sean.. and Wiz spits his first decent verse since Kush & OJ and yall act like he murdered somebody lol..all the verses in that "High" song were equally mediocre..and how do you "outshine" somebody on a type of song like "Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay" lol..

and smh at the bolded..i'll agree with the production being the best part of the album, but Sean did his thing on there too..kinda like how Wiz did his thing on Kush & OJ..
  • b.c.o.dcru
    b.c.o.dcru Members Posts: 206
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Skill wise...J. Cole
    big Sean aite...hit and miss wit the verses.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    SMH @ this thread Cole and Big Sean anit even on the same level. Cole is way more talented and substance driven then Sean. A better comparison would be Sean vs Wiz Khalifa.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    SMH @ this thread Cole and Big Sean anit even on the same level. Cole is way more talented and substance driven then Sean. A better comparison would be Sean vs Wiz Khalifa.

Hmmm...i ? with Wiz more

But, i keep hearing Sean's album is better than Wiz's last joint. So my opinion might change...