Is there life after death?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)

It was a really great watch, interesting takes and interesting finds....

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't know if the video touches on this because I didn't look at it yet. There is the belief that there is life after death. The question is in what respect would someone believe it? I personally think that when it comes to believing in it, there is this fantasy we attached to it; that the body becomes this supreme form and is now invincible from all blemishes and ailments. I believe it is something different.

My notion of life after death is the things that are deemed good can now thrive forever...which includes the body. I think of things like hope, love, peace, truth...and so on, and how these things seem to perish in this life. In the next life, those things can live on and we can enjoy what it's like to have these things and not be let down or be unsatisfied.
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited June 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I don't know if the video touches on this because I didn't look at it yet. There is the belief that there is life after death. The question is in what respect would someone believe it? I personally think that when it comes to believing in it, there is this fantasy we attached to it; that the body becomes this supreme form and is now invincible from all blemishes and ailments. I believe it is something different.

My notion of life after death is the things that are deemed good can now thrive forever...which includes the body. I think of things like hope, love, peace, truth...and so on, and how these things seem to perish in this life. In the next life, those things can live on and we can enjoy what it's like to have these things and not be let down or be unsatisfied.
    It's what people want to believe, this helps them sleep at night, that's what religion is based on. Simple as that. It's like everybody knows that we're never gonna live in love and peace in this life so they'e hoping that the next one will be better.

And no matter how many videos you're going to watch or books you're gonna read, you're not gonna know what's after death or what the meaning of life is, it hurts to admit this because we're not at the point where we're anywhere close to discovering this. I do hope that with these new discoveries in neurosciene we will approach this mystery in a more practical manner. Not just philosophizing about it.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    tl;dw

So, I'll just say "No.".
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Only Mental and Spiritual.

Many people are brought back to life after Mental and Spiritual death. Besides my life does not end with me. It manifests in people I have affected in a positive and negative way.

Linear, Western, Eurocentric thought has people believing in a distorted version of the truth as it pertains to life and death.

This is what the Egyptians and the ancients were trying to convey.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was put under anesthesia one time and because I had lost so much blood my body couldn't process the anesthetic and my lungs collapsed. I recall very vividly that I could not breath, I started chewing on the tube down my throat because I thought that was the problem. The nurse lifted my eye lid and asked if I could hear her and then I watched the ceiling come into view as my eyes rolled back. In recovery a nurse said I gave them quite a scare and I said I know I couldn't breath. She had a look of shock like 'how do know that?"

The anesthesiologist in that video said consciousness is shut down, but for sure there is something still there that's aware.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was put under anesthesia one time and because I had lost so much blood my body couldn't process the anesthetic and my lungs collapsed. I recall very vividly that I could not breath, I started chewing on the tube down my throat because I thought that was the problem. The nurse lifted my eye lid and asked if I could hear her and then I watched the ceiling come into view as my eyes rolled back. In recovery a nurse said I gave them quite a scare and I said I know I couldn't breath. She had a look of shock like 'how do know that?"

The anesthesiologist in that video said consciousness is shut down, but for sure there is something still there that's aware

Are you petite or a big guwl?
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    I will watch tomorrow, as I am too tired to watch 40 mins of movie right now

but i personally think its just human narcissism to think that we live on after we die. Like we think we're so great there's no way we could possibly just die and not live on in some way.

Christians believe only humans go to heaven, but animals cant. WTF makes humans so much better than animals? Thats ? narcissism and arrogance.

The whole idea of life after death is really shallow and pedantic.

WTF? Did you change your pic after that tomboy comment?

You look like Blake Griffin with 43 chromosomes in that pic.
  • YungTraveler
    YungTraveler Members Posts: 21
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Depends on your personal beliefs, I think.. Some say yes, some say no. It's the ultimate unanswered question. Some folks who have undergone clinical death (heart stoppage) talk about a bright white light, and a feeling of peace and tranquility... but there's no proof that's anything at all..

smile3.jpg
    smile4.jpg

smile5.jpg
    smile6.jpg
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Are you petite or a big guwl?

5'10 155 lbs
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    what the hell happen BA?

Hemorrhaging from a blighted ovum.
  • INFAREDSHAWTY
    INFAREDSHAWTY Members Posts: 397
    edited June 2011
    Options
    props on the original vid i'm gonna check that out tonight :)
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I dont think it is anything else and I am okay with it. I really have met a couple of people I deeply love on this earth though so I am fine with coming here and meeting some people that made me want to live. I will forever wish I had some facts about this issue though.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hemorrhaging from a blighted ovum.

whoa........
  • VIBE
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Depends on your personal beliefs, I think.. Some say yes, some say no. It's the ultimate unanswered question. Some folks who have undergone clinical death (heart stoppage) talk about a bright white light, and a feeling of peace and tranquility... but there's no proof that's anything at all..

Right, but that's the explanation for it all. They said it's the brain that produces all that because of stress? I think it was, something like that..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Awwwwwwwww
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    whoa........
    That part was okay, it was the horrible muscle pain and exhaustion from blood loss that was brutal, a walk to the toilet could have meant a nap right after lol.
  • And Step
    edited June 2011
    Options
    5'10 155 lbs

tigerwoods-fist-pump.jpg

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I always thought BiblicalAtheist gave off a fat chick vibe.

It's odd, I'm rarely wrong about these things.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol And Step

Only a fat attitude sometimes