Offical Treme Season 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited May 2011
    Options
    But yeah great show. I love Lucia Micarelli.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    uaintknow wrote: »
    Ounceman that dtetctive was a little overweight. But the sexiest woman in the show so far is the one who's taking care of Sophia..... I mean the one who is helping Sofia's mother. Dont remember her name

Lol. Hey there's a common generalization which states negroes from the south have an affinity for big hoes. I guess u can say I fit that stereotype. But she did have a cute face though.

And believe it or not the woman your talking about who's looking after Sophia is letoya luckett. The ex member from destinys child. I know I had to look at her sideways a bit. Because I was thinking to myself "she looks familiar". I did research and that's who it is. Anyway it's on right now
  • uaintknow
    uaintknow Members Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Lol. Hey there's a common generalization which states negroes from the south have an affinity for big hoes. I guess u can say I fit that stereotype. But she did have a cute face though.

And believe it or not the woman your talking about who's looking after Sophia is letoya luckett. The ex member from destinys child. I know I had to look at her sideways a bit. Because I was thinking to myself "she looks familiar". I did research and that's who it is. Anyway it's on right now
    damn i didn't even notice.... she can actually sing pretty well. how is that new episode? im not gonna be able to watch it until tomorrow night
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    man i love this show... how many of yall are from/frequent new orleans and are jazz fans???? it stays true to its roots and does a good job characterizing the diff people who live in the city and the crazy love everyone that has been or lives there has for the city... i go every year for jazz and french quarter fest, trying to move out their in january, we'll see though
  • Ounceman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @bunz yea I'm musician. I grew up playing jazz. Which is why I appreciate this show so much. I also like how this show showcases the regional bounce scene as well. Even some of the ? bounce artists like katie red. I wonder what the other new Orleans artists think about those ? rappers. I know im not the only person who mistakenly calls Antoine bunk and Albert Lester sometimes, lol

@ uaintknow. Last episode was good. U got to see sonny join antoine's band, Ladonna cope with the aftermath of the sexual assault, and Albert vibe with his son. Im trying to watch tonights episode but I'm switching between it and the heat game. I can't watch it in it's entirety. I have to catch the rerun
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yo dudes aunt rapping manny freshs lyrics was the goat moment of the show so far,? had me rolling, I got a feeling she gon end up ? her nephew on this business venture they got goin on tho. This was a good episode, it get better every week. And letoya luckett is lookin mighty fine on this show, she need more face time.
  • bunz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    @bunz yea I'm musician. I grew up playing jazz. Which is why I appreciate this show so much. I also like how this show showcases the regional bounce scene as well. Even some of the ? bounce artists like katie red. I wonder what the other new Orleans artists think about those ? rappers. I know im not the only person who mistakenly calls Antoine bunk and Albert Lester sometimes, lol.

yea man its pretty authentic and they shout out and feature a lot of the local players.... they gotta show some more love to kermit's bbq skills... that man makes his fans feel like family cooking for them and ? ... and i love how its about the music and culture, not skin color!!!! GOAT!!! im a white boy and the love i get is unbelievable! jazz fest '10 i rocked out with dj logic and a local brass band, i got up at set break and shouted out jazzmatazz (this was right after guru's death i was giving my drunken RIP) and when i did that logic stopped his break and started spinning and i was freestyling for a few minutes.... thats why i love nola.... you cant get away with ? like that anywhere else

what instrument you play? i play guitar (more classic rock trained but im learning a lot of jazz and funk, buying myself a bass pretty soon)
  • bunz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think ladonna's character will be pretty interesting from here on out.... and im still wondering how they are going to connect the spanish businessman to the rest of the characters, he's kinda got his own thing going now with very little overlap into other plots.... the character/plot development is getting real good in this season
  • Ounceman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bunz wrote: »
    yea man its pretty authentic and they shout out and feature a lot of the local players.... they gotta show some more love to kermit's bbq skills... that man makes his fans feel like family cooking for them and ? ... and i love how its about the music and culture, not skin color!!!! GOAT!!! im a white boy and the love i get is unbelievable! jazz fest '10 i rocked out with dj logic and a local brass band, i got up at set break and shouted out jazzmatazz (this was right after guru's death i was giving my drunken RIP) and when i did that logic stopped his break and started spinning and i was freestyling for a few minutes.... thats why i love nola.... you cant get away with ? like that anywhere else

what instrument you play? i play guitar (more classic rock trained but im learning a lot of jazz and funk, buying myself a bass pretty soon)

That's what's up. even though the n.o. always gets a bad rep, it seems like it has a unique culture they can claim their own down there. and there's a sense of pride and community about their city.

but my primary instrument is the sax. but i also play a little of the piano, drums, and guitar. i just recently picked up the akai ewi 1400. which is basically a midi controller with similar ? to a saxophone. and seeing how im very into producing experimental music and collaborating with fusion bands, its an ideal compliment

And as far as nelson's character being incorporated? i can how he will be. his character is known as what they call a carpetbagger. they are basically the people who relocate to another city and take advantage of the land and local resources. so i think simon and overmeyer created his character with the intention of showing how people like him traveled to post-katrina new orleans and virtually capitalized off of the city for their own personal gain
  • bunz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yea i know he's a carpetbagger i meant how they will incorporate him in with the rest of the characters, or if he will have his own plot separated from the rest of the characters... the only person he's associated with from the rest of the main characters is chief's buddy
  • Ounceman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yea i know he's a carpetbagger i meant how they will incorporate him in with the rest of the characters, or if he will have his own plot separated from the rest of the characters... the only person he's associated with from the rest of the main characters is chief's buddy

O, ok i see what u mean. u can also add lt. terry. toni is the only other character he's pretty much had interaction with at this point too. but remember in this episode nelson said his name hasnt rang out in the city yet(or something to that magnitude). which could be a possible foreshadowing of events to come. i mean didnt chief al say he was packing up to move to houston because his loan application was denied? maybe nelson will soon see the vacant real estate as a seizable asset. and then when delmond talks his father in moving back to new orleans he will come to find the property he once was trying to fix up now purchased by outside entities. maybe thats a way theyll cross paths? i dont know. but speaking of chief al, look how long it took for him to cross paths with the other characters other than his son delmond. so we'll have to see how things play out.
  • uaintknow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ok guys who is your favorite character so far? Mine is Antnoine Batiste. He's just too gaddam funny.He was funny in The Wire and he's even funnier in Treme. Btw that last song Delmond Lambreaux played at that New York jazz club was ? nice.
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited May 2011
    Options
    uaintknow wrote: »
    Ok guys who is your favorite character so far? Mine is Antnoine Batiste. He's just too gaddam funny.He was funny in The Wire and he's even funnier in Treme. Btw that last song Delmond Lambreaux played at that New York jazz club was ? nice.

That dudes aunt is mos def my fav, she seem like somebody that would be fun to go out to tha bar with and kick it with lol.
  • uaintknow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That dudes aunt is mos def my fav, she seem like somebody that would be fun to go out to tha bar with and kick it with lol.

yeah she's cool. Loved the way she convinced mannie fresh to record for them...
  • bunz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my fav characters are probably ladonna and antoine... i really like the way chief's son (delmond?) is developing.... he didn't embrace new orleans in the 1st season, now that he's been out of town a while, he is showing his true colors
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This is a dope ass show.
  • uaintknow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my fav characters are probably ladonna and antoine... i really like the way chief's son (delmond?) is developing.... he didn't embrace new orleans in the 1st season, now that he's been out of town a while, he is showing his true colors

I like his father too. It's great that almost everybody can relate to his character somehow... He goes thru all this burecracy and talks to paper shuffling office workers which yields no results...
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like the attorney the most. I like that she goes after the system and don't give a ? what they think of her. I feel for her because her daughter is ? her out and she only trying to do the best for her. The daughter acts like her mother killed her father or something.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thank ? Antoine finally got a real job lol
  • uaintknow
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    Thank ? Antoine finally got a real job lol

Syill trying to holler at every girl in sight though:)

Lol I can tell which woman Big CHief was banging in that hotel room it's probably that reporter who tried to film him and his indians, the short haired one.

And Delmond finally got some idea during the carnival what his music should sound like.
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I guess it's safe to say that the Lawyers' relationship with her daughter will get better now that they've finally talked about Goodmans' death....Seeing Hidalgo & Hidalgo come up has actually been my favorite story line so far,it really does a good job in showcasing the corruption in NO after Katrina.And that Dutch dude is still in love with Annie,you can tell by the way he looked @ that Asian dock worker.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Man big chief is miserable as hell I don't think I could have go through the ? he put Delmond through
  • uaintknow
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That song Annie was performing in the end is beautiful. Wish I knew where to download it
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I figured they were going to get robbed the second the scene started......didn't think homie would get shot though, damn.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I figured they were going to get robbed the second the scene started......didn't think homie would get shot though, damn.

yeah that ? was unexpected. Why the ? did he have to say anything. DAMN