Bronx Mother Fatally Beats Son Over Wii

Options
ex-soldier
ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in IllGaming
In tragic gaming-related news, a Bronx mother has been charged with the murder of her son, who died as a result of internal injuries dealt from parental abuse involving a Nintendo Wii.
Kim Crawford, 21, beat Jamar Johnson in his back and stomach last week after the five-year-old broke the family's television while playing Nintendo Wii. After five days of vomiting, pain, and bruising, Johnson died of internal injuries. According to Crawford, she refused to take Johnson to receive medical care, fearing legal consequences.
According to NYDailyNews.com, Kim Crawford hit Jamar Johnson 'harder than she'd ever hit him' and initially lied to prosecutors about the circumstance of her son's death.
More details from the New York Times:
The woman, Kim Crawford, 21, was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter two days after officers were called to her apartment in the Edenwald neighborhood and discovered that the boy, Jamar Johnson, was unconscious and not breathing, according to the police.
Ms. Crawford and her children - she also has a daughter, a neighbor says - moved into a subsidized apartment on East 227th Street on June 10, a neighbor said.
The police said the boy had been struck several times in the torso, and the city medical examiner's office said an autopsy had revealed internal abdominal injuries.
The police said that from 2006 to 2010, officers were summoned on at least nine occasions to sort out domestic disturbances involving Ms. Crawford and Jamar's father, who was not implicated in the boy's death.
Separately, Ms. Crawford has also had at least two previous arrests, one for assault and another for drug possession. The disposition of those cases was not immediately known.
This article originally appeared on GamePro.com as Bronx Mother Fatally Beats Son Over Wii

I can't deny that i would've been hot about my tv too, but you can't beat a 5yr old like a grown ass person. SMH at young, stupid ass parents.

Comments