Can you tell the difference amongst Japanese, Korean, and Chinese people?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I mean outside of them dressing in their traditional cultural outfits and their customs. It's funny how they get insulted if you get their ethnicity wrong, but seriously how the ? do they expect us to tell the difference if we aren't around their culture or familiar with it. I've been to Japan and Korea and the be honest, i can't tell the difference, Phillipinos are the only Asian people i can tell.

Sorry, don't be mad Asians

jackie-chan.gif

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It seems like Japanese have lighter skin than some of the southeast Asian types. That's about it.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Only the phills... The rest look the same 2 me
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i can tell the difference between japanese and chinese, korean and chinese is a lil tougher.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think I can somewhat. I may be wrong about some of this stuff but....

I think they have different eyes.

And Japanese tend to be a bit more brown (relative to Chinese), whereas Chinese tend to be more pale. IDK the way Chinese move in general is just a dead giveaway.

I used to work w/ a vietnamese girl who could tell instantly. The funny thing is, she'd speak to people and go "You Vietnameeee" and the Vietnamese people would be like "how did you know?" Lol even they don't know how to tell the difference sometimes.

There's some sexy ass japanese chicks out there though. Some of them have very pretty faces.

And there are some chicks from the Phillipines who are darker skinned than some yella and light brown people over here.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Japanese people are usually the lightest, and Vietnamese/Korean people are darker, Chinese people don't fall to far behind Vietnamese/Korean people

I can also tell the difference between their languages, i learned from taking Japanese my freshman year of high school

Edit: Japanese people's eyes are more '? ' usually
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well.. the northern asians who are more fair skin than their southern bredren.. is all I got..
    Usually Japanese people have the better style. The chinese people have a fuller jaw..?

I mean.. you have the Vietnamese , Singaporean, Indonesians, Cambodian, Thailand... i dont fuggin know.!

I just say "Asian"
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

I just say "Asian"

Some chank from the South Pacific is gonna karate chop you for that one day.

Really, it can be just as hard to tell random Europeans and Africans apart. It seems like Asians/South Pacifiers get more offended though; I'm assuming because people always just guess at what they are without asking them (i.e.- just calling them all Chinese)
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this applies to every single race. I can't tell the difference between a british white person, a russian or a german..... same with black or asian or hispanic or arab....
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sometimes.

Big factor is: where in China
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I can tell based on their ? features. It didn't happen until I became friends/associates with a few of them though.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes, very easily.

Been to each country as well.