NFL: Arizona Have Deal Ready For QB Kolb

Options
ICame4Pussy
ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
According to Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 in Phoenix, the Arizona Cardinals have a deal ready to go when the lockout is lifted to trade cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for the Eagles QB Kevin Kolb. Jurecki Tweeted this...
quote:

"@MikeJurecki on the #Cardinals QB search: “Kevin Kolb is the guy, Cardinals are prepared to offer DRC straight up…according to source.”

I would think the Eagles would want more for Kolb then a single corner. I would also think other teams in the Kolb market will offer more.

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kevin Kolb sucks PERIOD. He got yanked for a reason in Week 1.. had the whole offseason last year plus the years he waited behind Donovan and still stunk the joint up.. He's thrown 2 picks in almost every game he's played.. He is the most overrated prospect ever.. Mike Vick didn't really even have to take the job, dude gave it up.. He is like the white version of Jason Campbell, dude is a scary QB... Mark my words he will be the next AJ Feely
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Who is backing vic?..

I mean vic will need good back up qb..

They need 2 be concerned about the sorry ass offensive line that they got!
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Damn I hope this is true bout time we get rid of this bumb & for Rogers-cromartie? Hope this ? true
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DRC is a pro bowl CB and you getting him for a back up qb that nobody is sure can be a starter. make the deal. Though i'm sure the Eagles will get some draft picks out of the deal instead of trading for DRC.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Man i would take DRC but im really worried about the Eagles backup situation..
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The way Vick plays you need a solid back-up.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Theres gonna be a lot of good backup qbs available
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I hear Vince young might be looked at as the backup if the titans release him.

Idk how good of news that is tho
  • Jeezyfan4ever
    Jeezyfan4ever Confirm Email Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    DRC gets about 11 Million next year (Rotoworld). Thats a lot of money invested in the 2ndary. I really feel bad for the eagles. Literally they will be destroyed when it comes to YAC. Why not trade him for picks and sign aso. Eagles will be the Worst tackling CB duo in league history.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited July 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    I hear Vince young might be looked at as the backup if the titans release him.

Idk how good of news that is tho

Nah, just 1st&10 BSin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hope this isn't true .... kolb is ass ..
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Kevin Kolb sucks PERIOD. He got yanked for a reason in Week 1.. had the whole offseason last year plus the years he waited behind Donovan and still stunk the joint up.. He's thrown 2 picks in almost every game he's played.. He is the most overrated prospect ever.. Mike Vick didn't really even have to take the job, dude gave it up.. He is like the white version of Jason Campbell, dude is a scary QB... Mark my words he will be the next AJ Feely

lol..... The most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB.

I dont always see what all the fuss is about either.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    great! another over hyped qb in the nfc

I don't think we play the cardinals this year though. ? woulda been an automatic W.

Kolb is cookie dough soft
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    watch all the ? ? on Kolb now will be on this board week 7 like "i knew he would be good"
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Dude had a concussion , got knocked out the game...
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    and I Like Kevin Kolb ability, he's a pocket passer, anytime u have a awful pass protection line and a QB thats a pocket passer he's gonna get laid out ..

Vick Damn near got killed on a few occasions and he's far more mobile, quicker and faster than Kolb..

that goes for any Pocket passer that doesn't have a good pass protection line...

and if he goes to the Cardinals ya'll gotta remember how Trash that division is , Cardinals, Seahawks , 49ers , Rams

Not one team in that division had a winning record so it doesn't take much at all to dominate that division with a few moves, and Kolb would be more than enough for the Cardinals at the QB Position....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd be happy with that if I were Kolb. almost has a starting job handed to him, with Larry Fitzgerald. and if he ? out, he gets paid to stay in zona or could handpick his next destination.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why is Zona giving up on DRC so quickly tho?...i know he tends to gamble at times, but in such a Pass happy League wouldnt u want two young corners that you can have for a while?? DRC and Patrick Peterson??

thats just a little odd to me..

i dont have a issue with them wanting Kolb, but thats just a odd move for who their giving up..
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why is Zona giving up on DRC so quickly tho?...i know he tends to gamble at times, but in such a Pass happy League wouldnt u want two young corners that you can have for a while?? DRC and Patrick Peterson??

thats just a little odd to me..

i dont have a issue with them wanting Kolb, but thats just a odd move for who their giving up..

makes sense to me because its the potential of winning with kolb vs the potential of winning with DRC

I make that trade in 5 mn
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    makes sense to me because its the potential of winning with kolb vs the potential of winning with DRC

I make that trade in 5 mn

so you'd be willing to throw away unlimited potential for a quarterback that is mediocre ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eagles gonna run with that Kaftka guy or some ? like that. You know andy ried believes in his system and why wouldn't he. I mean Jeff Garcia came off the street and took them to the playoffs under Reid.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    so you'd be willing to throw away unlimited potential for a quarterback that is mediocre ?

its a qb driven league, they're not winning without a qb, but they can win with a ? like Kolb and a half decent secondary

lol what other choices do they have....do you remember last season
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO Dead at tru-mac Sig.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i understand what Tru-Mac is saying tho, no matter how good their Defense could be if you dont have anyone at all who can get the ball past 10 yards it wont matter anyways what ya potential defense is like

i Mean right now their QB roster is Richard Bartel , John Skelton , Derek Anderson, and Max Hall

so yea i understand what Tru-Mac is saying after how he broke it down some...none of those QB's honestly are even NFL worthy.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would think the Eagles would want more for Kolb then a single corner. I would also think other teams in the Kolb market will offer more.

i dont see what other teams could offer more than that , thats more than enough For Kolb , Zona feels like that fills their need, and Eagles need is another DB and thats a Young Pro-Bowl CB with a lot of potential

Eagles asking price was a 1st rounder, that is a 1st Rounder ...went in the 1st Round in 2008 and is just 24 years old

they'll take that before they just take a future 1st round pick when u dont know how that pick will turn out, We already seen DRC's upside..so thats enough for kolb