Mass Gaining without meat(with the exception of fish)

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in The Weight Room
I'm trying to make some changes in my diet but want to continue gaining muscle at the same time. I want to give up ALL meats with the exception of fish. Also I want to lower my intake of sugar. I'm also not fond of soy. Is is possible?

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like mass gaining meat
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like mass gaining meat

me too but it isnt good for me. i remember during my teens when i broke out a lot. i had went an entire month without meat or sugar and my skin was clear and my energy levels went through the roof. down side is that i lost a ton of weight and muscle. im interested in doing it again but without the mucsle loss
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    me too but it isnt good for me.

lol............
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    she got u on the low bruh bruh

but yea u can..checkout veganbodybuilding.com...just substitute your fish in there which is a great source of protein and u good...imma start a bulking thread soon and we can talk about all the tricks and tips to gain mass
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol............

i don't get it..............
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited June 2011
    Options
    she got u on the low bruh bruh

but yea u can..checkout veganbodybuilding.com...just substitute your fish in there which is a great source of protein and u good...imma start a bulking thread soon and we can talk about all the tricks and tips to gain mass

lol yea she has a ? little mind. i thought she was going to give me some advice. thanks for the website man i'm going to do some research. i'm pretty confident that I can substitute the usual beef and chicken with fish. the only thing that worries me is the high levels of mercury. I'm also going to incorporate a lot of beans quinoa in my diet as well.
  • truth spitter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol yea she has a ? little mind. i thought she was going to give me some advice. thanks for the website man i'm going to do some research. i'm pretty confident that I can substitute the usual beef and chicken with fish. the only thing that worries me is the high levels of mercury. I'm also going to incorporate a lot of beans quinoa in my diet as well.

protein powders are good sources too...they can get a bad rap but to hit your protein goal u might need to use them...i eat meat and i still drink a scoop or two cause it's hard as hell sometimes to get +150 grams....i plan on stop eating meat after i reach my body goal
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited June 2011
    Options
    protein powders are good sources too...they can get a bad rap but to hit your protein goal u might need to use them...i eat meat and i still drink a scoop or two cause it's hard as hell sometimes to get +150 grams....i plan on stop eating meat after i reach my body goal

yes its very hard to get more than 150. according to my body weight (200lbs) i'm suppose to consume 300 grams of protein a day. i can knock down 200 easily with meat but even with that its still a struggle. protein powders are good but they contain dairy. i'm trying to avoid eating any animal by products except fish.
  • truth spitter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yes its very hard to get more than 150. according to my body weight (200lbs) i'm suppose to consume 300 grams of protein a day. i can knock down 200 easily with meat but even with that its still a struggle. protein powders are good but they contain dairy. i'm trying to avoid eating any animal by products except fish.
    on that site i mentioned they have info on vegan protein powders...its also important to note that protein isn't the most important thing to gaining mass...its carbs..you will get enough of that im sure...
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited June 2011
    Options
    on that site i mentioned they have info on vegan protein powders...its also important to note that protein isn't the most important thing to gaining mass...its carbs..you will get enough of that im sure...

thanks for the info bro. you should put that bulk building thread up asap
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Try different protein bars. You can make thick shakes with powders, fruit and vegetables. Eat part veggie/soy products. Lift your weights. Score.