Classic guest spot
    The what

Lyrical display
    The what
    Who shot ya
    Unbelievable

Album closer
    Suicidal thoughts

some of the production on RTD sounded outdated unlike G Funk which was a new sound, fresh,

RTD has songs which u have to skip
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't care who had ? on lock or who was more popular

RTD is a better album

You hate NY hip hop so your biased

4 of my top 5 DOA is from NY. the ? in my avi is from NY. this aint no NY hate. have you even listened to entire G Funk Era before? im talking about a real listen. not no point and click ? .
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Only skippable song on RTD Is friend of mine
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Youve personally said

"? NY"

So I took from that your biased
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Dead at being better then RTD

I have to co-sign this, RTD is a better album than Regulate… by quite some way, lyrically, RTD is in heaven and G Funk is in hell in comparison…

Production is debatable… but the quality of the two alongside each other, is not.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I have to co-sign this, RTD is a better album than Regulate… by quite some way, lyrically, RTD is in heaven and G Funk is in hell in comparison…

Production is debatable… but the quality of the two alongside each other, is not.

Cosign I don't want to make this a Rtd/Regulate thread

It's better then outlast first album IMO Which is overrated
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    some of the production on RTD sounded outdated unlike G Funk which was a new sound, fresh,

RTD has songs which u have to skip

G-Funk influenced the way RTD was created production-wise, Bip Poppa is a glaring example of this.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cosign I don't want to make this a Rtd/Regulate thread

It's better then outlast first album IMO Which is overrated

Yeah, we'll stay off that tip, Regulate is a great album. The actual track, Regulate, is an undeniable classic and the production never falls off, it inspired me to buy everything Warren G ever put out and he's a really great producer throughout his catalog, although he does fall off in comparison to his debut.

Great album nonetheless.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Could've done without regulate remix IMO
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yeah, we'll stay off that tip, Regulate is a great album. The actual track, Regulate, is an undeniable classic and the production never falls off, it inspired me to buy everything Warren G ever put out and he's a really great producer throughout his catalog, although he does fall off in comparison to his debut.

Great album nonetheless.
    This.......
  • tompetrez3
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mr Malik, 5 Footaz, Jah Skillz and Twins guest appearances>any verse you think thats lyrical on RTD. How is the album lyrically in hell when Warren G was giving you a down to earth honest presentation about his life instead of a fake ass persona that his CEO created for him. Biggie rhymes are in hell. suckin the father ? of his woman, shooting pregnant women in the stomach, watching men ? each other, calling his mom a ? , the antichrist rhymes. smh. whatever floats yall boat.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    G-Funk influenced the way RTD was created production-wise, Bip Poppa is a glaring example of this.

Big Poppa was released in February, where as G-Funk Era was released in June.

Even if it was influenced, that's like saying Nas' Illmatic isn't as great as its predecessors who he borrowed from and developed upon because the earlier records/artists came first.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    way better than ? RTD. sold more than RTD. RTD aint the pinnacle in 94. stop letting these biased ass east coast ? brainwash you with that ? . Tical was better than RTD. Dare Iz was better than RTD. Funk Da World was better than RTD. Just because a ? died dont mean yall gotta rewrite history about was banging in 94. RTD was mainstream hip hop like how drake now. real ? wasnt checking for that ? . G Funk Era had the whole year on lock. not to mention ? always talked about how biggie stole the concept of juicy from do you see. soon as i heard RTD i was like this ? is a warren g copycat with the same sample. same lyrics about coming up. ? RTD

You sound like a damn buffoon. RTD was mainstream like Drake? Maybe the real ? in your little area won't checking for it, but in Hip Hops mecca, it was by far the best album of 94. Gimme the Loot. Suicidal Thoughts. Unbelievable. Everyday Struggle. Friend of Mine. Mainstream like Drake? ? RTD was nothing but a glimpse into everyday street life. I swear you ? just type to be typing.
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mr Malik, 5 Footaz, Jah Skillz and Twins guest appearances>any verse you think thats lyrical on RTD. How is the album lyrically in hell when Warren G was giving you a down to earth honest presentation about his life instead of a fake ass persona that his CEO created for him. Biggie rhymes are in hell. suckin the father ? of his woman, shooting pregnant women in the stomach, watching men ? each other, calling his mom a ? , the antichrist rhymes. smh. whatever floats yall boat.

I was going to debate the first sentence, but then you claim he has a fake persona… Biggie would have done time had it not been for Puff, he was heading out of town when Puff stopped and offered him a deal, the people who left the town who he was headed with ended up getting caught.

Either way, I'm not listening to a hip hop record to know that all is honest, at times, even the truth is false in reality, the truth from one person is the false of the next.

RTD is a nigh on classic album in my book, although I barely have any in there… if not lyrically, then surely you agree in terms of his delivery and flow…

Personable albums are some of my favourites, but RTD is something else…
    You sound like a damn buffoon. RTD was mainstream like Drake? Maybe the real ? in your little area won't checking for it, but in Hip Hops mecca, it was by far the best album of 94. Gimme the Loot. Suicidal Thoughts. Unbelievable. Everyday Struggle. Friend of Mine. Mainstream like Drake? ? RTD was nothing but a glimpse into everyday street life. I swear you ? just type to be typing.

LOL At this, that's leaving out Juicy as well, which in some peoples books is the greatest hip hop track of all time...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Illmatic
    Ready to die
    Ressurection
    Regulate G Funk Era
    Dare is a dark side
    Outkast(can't write the title)
  • DMTxTHC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Big Poppa was released in February, where as G-Funk Era was released in June.

Even if it was influenced, that's like saying Nas' Illmatic isn't as great as its predecessors who he borrowed from and developed upon because the earlier records/artists came first.

Oh, i meant G-Funk as a sub-genre. And i never tried to discredit the production on RTD, just an observation.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Illmatic
    Ready to die
    Ressurection
    Regulate G Funk Era
    Dare is a dark side
    Outkast(can't write the title)

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    Options
    im bein serious when i say i only liked one track off that album and guess which one it was
  • tompetrez3
    edited July 2011
    Options

? ny. nobody give a damn about the mecca. the same ? ass ? you praising is the reason why the mecca hasnt been relevant in 14 years. ? what you talking about. the album was mainstream. numbers dont lie. G Funk Era 5 times platnium in 94. 49 States>noo yawk ? . regulate the biggest hip hop single in 94. 4 times platnium on ATR SDTK. warren G owned 94. warren g gave NYC the blueprint to how to freak a isley brother/mtume sample that all of their rappers lived by in 1995 and beyond. RTD was sugar sweet pop candy. sucking somebody father ? is a glimpse into street life? good thing i was sheltered in the burbs then smh
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

Hate that title lol
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? ny. nobody give a damn about the mecca. the same ? ass ? you praising is the reason why the mecca hasnt been relevant in 14 years. ? what you talking about. the album was mainstream. numbers dont lie. G Funk Era 5 times platnium in 94. 49 States>noo yawk ? . regulate the biggest hip hop single in 94. 4 times platnium on ATR SDTK. warren G owned 94. warren g gave NYC the blueprint to how to freak a isley brother/mtume sample that all of their rappers lived by in 1995 and beyond. RTD was sugar sweet pop candy. sucking somebody father ? is a glimpse into street life? good thing i was sheltered in the burbs then smh
    my point exactly
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oh, i meant G-Funk as a sub-genre. And i never tried to discredit the production on RTD, just an observation.

That's cool, I can understand the original posters suggest as to not liking the production as much on RTD, but after a few listens, I would always pick those same beats… great album in the way that it was crafted and delivered.
    my point exactly

I was thinking of reading that post until I saw the bolded.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'd bump g-funk era over RTD any day of the week
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You cant close an album better then Suicidal thoughts. It's like the end to a great movie
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i think RTD could have been better if Puff had more say over it,

Theres no mistaking that all the songs Puff had major input on are better and more enjoyable than some of the darker elements of the album, i really could not ? with Suicidal Thoughts

LAD> RTD