edited July 2011
    Options
    <
    check my avi more proof. this is nordic/germanic/slovic attire
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thats a good breakdown. The world isnt black and white and the end goal is progress.

If you really care about Black people, as opposed to just hating White people, you'd see that there is more than one way to get where we're trying to go. We need fiscal empowerment as much as social empowerment. In that sense Nas and Jay are repping two sides of the same struggle with different approaches.

When crackas see Jay stunting with Warren Buffet or hanging out with the president it offends them just as much if not more than a record they'll never hear by a rapper they've never heard of talking about something he's never going to do.

Different messages for different audiences.

Why does Jay have an obsession with being accepted in the eyes of White America?

What caused Jay to befriend Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, what ties a pale white singer from the UK who makes dull lifeless music to try combat his depression with a black Hip-Hop artist from Brooklyn.

What possessed Jigga to start wearing Russian hats, and look down on black owned labels like Fubu?

What made Jay-Z call himself 'Euro Jay' when he is a black man from Brooklyn why doesn't he constantly call himself 'African Jay', does he associate Europe and European culture with class, and sophistication, does he feel that he has to embrace European culture to be fully accepted by the mainstream white public?

Why is Jay -z seen regularly in Britain? Britain is a cold harsh place where most people who are not doing business in it or doing shopping, hide from, is this part of Jays tactics to associate with European culture?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think you're cherry picking what to embrace and what to criticize about Nas and Jay.

You can spin it however you want, but those bars about Eminem being Nas' ? / ? friend was about Eminem being cool because we're all humans.

The complete line is:

Not mad 'cause Eminem said ? , 'cause he my ?
    wigga, ? , friend - we all black within, okay?
    We all African, okay
    Some Africans don't like us no way!

If a rapper you didnt like had rapped that you'd be having a field day. There would be endless propaganda threads with colorful fonts and carefully right clicked pictures highlighting said rappers coonery.

It all depends what you're looking for.

You see Jay embracing White people. I see Jay embracing Obama, Cornell West, Oprah, and Will Smith.

You see Jay making Ghetto Tehcno. I see Jay helping end NY's Rockefeller Drug laws and helping out Sean Bell's widow.

You see Jay acting White. I see Jay acting like an adult.

You see Jay breaking up his record label and selling out his partners. I see a businessman leaving a risky situation to start something new.

You see Jay going European. I see Jay giving his time to charitable causes in Africa.

I guess its all a matter of perception and how your societal view is colored?

I didnt criticize Nas or JayZ I simply made keen observations on the cultures that they choose to embrace.

I dont need to "spin" a Nas line because Im intelligent enough to know that saying we are all Afrikan while pointing out that someone is a "? " "wigga" and a "cracka" is not a defense but a harsh truth baed on genetics and history.

Tho' you seem like a fan or possibly someone who recognizes my posts I have to admit I dont know you or what you might post in any situation and Im flattered that you assume what I may or may not post and how I might post it.

You wrote a litany of convoluted nonsense about what I see but you cant see through my eyes or know me well enough to tell me what I see.

One thing that I see is the hilarity of anyone talking about the Rokefeller drug laws when JayZ named his label Roc-A-Fella and supposedly built an empire off of Narcotics.

People see what they want to see and when a Black person lacks Knowledge-of-Self they often see things from a Europeon centered frame of reference and seek sanctuary and solace amidst those whos values, morals, and norms mirror their own.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what does jayz do for europe? does he even live in europe?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what does jayz do for europe? does he even live in europe?

Lol, Living So Italian.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if beyonce wasnt hot jay would probably be married to a white woman
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Blatant Jay-Z Hate thread.......boring.
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Id rather have my child listen to and embrace a rapper who talks about his homeland who has remained relevant by continuing to tackle the problems and social mores of his race than one who brags about ending trends and hanging with Warren Buffet.Honestly If you look at Nas and Jay Z are truly the polar opposites of each other and they have survived and remained relevant for the longest period out of any two rappers barring Bun B and Busta Rhymes (imo and from my knowledge).
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? wanna act like amy whinehouse wasnt nas' closest friend? Like he didnt make a sneaker deal with FILA, which flopped? Yall ? are hypocrite... Both of these ? kiss the white man ass...... Jay-Z went to Africa with the UNICEF, way before Nas. This thread is just a str8 up hate jay-z threads, seems like a new trend in the reason these past few days
  • Niggas back
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Lol, Living So Italian.

u dont get the metaphor behind that?
  • Niggas back
    edited July 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    why does jay have an obsession with being accepted in the eyes of white america?

What caused jay to befriend chris martin and gwyneth paltrow, what ties a pale white singer from the uk who makes dull lifeless music to try combat his depression with a black hip-hop artist from brooklyn.

what possessed jigga to start wearing russian hats, and look down on black owned labels like fubu?

what made jay-z call himself 'euro jay' when he is a black man from brooklyn why doesn't he constantly call himself 'african jay', does he associate europe and european culture with class, and sophistication, does he feel that he has to embrace european culture to be fully accepted by the mainstream white public?

Why is jay -z seen regularly in britain? Britain is a cold harsh place where most people who are not doing business in it or doing shopping, hide from, is this part of jays tactics to associate with european culture?

do u wear fubu?
  • garv
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? back wrote: »
    ? wanna act like amy whinehouse wasnt nas' closest friend? Like he didnt make a sneaker deal with FILA, which flopped? Yall ? are hypocrite... Both of these ? kiss the white man ass...... Jay-Z went to Africa with the UNICEF, way before Nas. This thread is just a str8 up hate jay-z threads, seems like a new trend in the reason these past few days

Amy Winehouse wasn't Nas closest friend, they were seen together a grand number of 1 time. Nas and Amy Winehouse share the same producer in Salaam Remi so its plausible that they were going to work with each other some time or the other, especially with the fact that Winehouse was already a big Nas fan and generally was the type of musician who you could see Nas working together with, since his worked with the likes of Lauryn Hill and Christette Michelle in the past, and grew up on Miles Davis.

However what binds Chris Martin and Jay-Z together, same producers? No, Same type of music? No, its obvious Jay felt he needed some white friends to boost his popularity amongst the white middle class which he so longs to be a part of, the funny thing is that Jay has more money than most upper and middle class white folks, but he don't have the skin color, so even with hundreds of millions in his bank account, he don't feel that better than the average white man on a 100,000 a year, thats what you call mental genocide.
  • garv
    edited July 2011
    Options
    do u wear fubu?

I don't wear fubu, and i never have, but i would never ? on another black owned company.
  • Niggas back
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't wear fubu, and i never have, but i would never ? on another black owned company.

Practice what u preach or ? , cuz ur making urself look bad doggy.... Its not like ur supporting black owned business
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    u dont get the metaphor behind that?

I was just joking, but since i didn't hear the actual song yet, i'm gonna say no.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yo this thread made me smh and laugh at the same time

good drop

i gotta re read and i'll give u some feedback
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The Africa talk is cool but what is he doing for his own community? My aunt stayed on Vernon for years. I constantly hear how Ron Artest comes back and gives more than any of the rappers. I'm sure his schedule is more chaotic than these rappers.

? is 10 times WORSE in africa belive that. Ive been to south africa on a mission trip back in 07 and ? was real. Shack towns poverty white people and a select few black people with money and power and the majority of black people still suffering. And south africa was the best off of all the sub saharan nations in africa.

Plus Nas does do allot in his community he just doesn't overly publisize it. He does concerts and queens and raises money there too.
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Amy Winehouse wasn't Nas closest friend, they were seen together a grand number of 1 time. Nas and Amy Winehouse share the same producer in Salaam Remi so its plausible that they were going to work with each other some time or the other, especially with the fact that Winehouse was already a big Nas fan and generally was the type of musician who you could see Nas working together with, since his worked with the likes of Lauryn Hill and Christette Michelle in the past, and grew up on Miles Davis.

However what binds Chris Martin and Jay-Z together, same producers? No, Same type of music? No, its obvious Jay felt he needed some white friends to boost his popularity amongst the white middle class which he so longs to be a part of, the funny thing is that Jay has more money than most upper and middle class white folks, but he don't have the skin color, so even with hundreds of millions in his bank account, he don't feel that better than the average white man on a 100,000 a year, thats what you call mental genocide.

Powerful.

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

Ether bomb.

camel_dead.jpg

what the heck is a Jay Z?
  • Niggas back
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^^^^rofl..........
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Id rather have my child listen to and embrace a rapper who talks about his homeland who has remained relevant by continuing to tackle the problems and social mores of his race than one who brags about ending trends and hanging with Warren Buffet.Honestly If you look at Nas and Jay Z are truly the polar opposites of each other and they have survived and remained relevant for the longest period out of any two rappers barring Bun B and Busta Rhymes (imo and from my knowledge).

jay_z-gal-glastonbury08.jpg
    The Brilliance in the original post is that the T/S didnt criticize or caastigate either of the rappers, the T/S didnt disparage them or demean them he simply pointed out some curious facts.
    JayZ invented the nickname Euro-Jay and Nas invented the nickname Pharoah Nas.

On the song "Blue-Print 2" JayZ raps a few bars using a British accent and quotes the catchphrase "Oh behave" from "Austin Powers" a movie about a British spy.....

These are facts..the guy even spoke French on these two songs:

"I got this French chick that love to french kiss
    She thinks she's Bo Derek, wear her hair in a twist
    _Ma cherie amore, tu es belle_
    Merci, you fine as ? but you givin me hell
    "

JayZ "Girls Girls Girls"

"Pardon me, oui, in Paris,
    Champagne spilling out of my oui oui (wee wee),
    Pardon my French, the je ne sais quoi got me on cloud 9,
    we finna take off, Paris was a tease now we in the Maldives"

JayZ "Me I play"

340x_jiqw9u93o5q.jpg
    Heres 5 more

"London, England, South of France
    And all points between they know about your man"

JayZ "All Around the World"

"From, Club Cheetah, to Club Amnesia
    The Peanuts in L.A., Bubblin' in Dublin"

JayZ
    "Give it to me"

"My dollars was down, she left me for some Euro’s,
    Took my whole flavour, I call her coke zero"

JayZ "Venus Vs. Mars"

"I'm game tight, see it all through the platinum french
    braids with the French name in the same night
    "

JayZ "Who you wit"

"When they see him, whips be European
    If your a 10 chances your with him
    If your a 5 you know you ridin' with them
    "

JayZ "La La La"

Cultural references are very common in HipHop and some rappers identify with Europe and Europeons while other rappers identify with Afrika and Afrikans.....it is what it is.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why Jay fell off and Nas still making dope music..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    Entirely subjective.

Not the sole reason IMO Jay Skills declined but his Euro Jay influence waterdown his ? bigtime. Jay was always popular but it wasnt untill he started ? with the Euro's and people like Quenthn Paltrow (in Between Black Album and Kingdom Come) where white folks out the blue (espcially whtie celebrities) were claming Jay-z as there favorite rapper. In that time peroid he became white America top Rapper surpassing Em (who was MIA) with all these new white fans as his supporters. It affected his music. IMO Jay-z been trash aside from a few songs here or there since he came outta retirement.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    as much as i love nas music and would like to buy into his pro africa ? , truth is ? like him and the father of his new companion, Bob Marley, are only pro-black when it comes to talkin.

while jay-z is a married man that broke the cycle of the dysfunctional black family and is barely known for takin drugs or other ignorant ? at least during the last decade, nas is the personified ignorance. ? appears on the high times promotin drug use and has 2 kids with known ? that will grow up in a house without their daddy.

if black people had more jay-zs and less nasirs we as whole would be much better off.
    jay z doesnt even have kids LOL .... furthermore what makes you think nas isnt in his kids life?? the cycle that needed to be broken was ABSENT fathers ... not couples staying together. LOL ... furthermore .. nas was married BEFORE him and kelis had a child

who cares what ? LOOKS like .... you will never win an arguement about nas' artistic offering against jay z's LOL ... not even jay z argues this LOLOLOOLOLOl
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I dont believe that you have any proof that Nas defended Emenim on the ni99er tape.

People with intelligence will say that Nas pointed out that all human creation started in Afrika so we are all "? " even the mutated albinos who he called "? -wigga-cracka" in the same song...listen to the song again for the correct interpretation.

I dont see were the T/S inferred anything about someone taking a "stand" against something.... we didnt mention his petition against ? -Fox news or his indictment of Americas legacy of racism we simply made an observation on Nas & JayZ' embracing the culture that they find most comfortable.

A concept album about American Gangsters or a concept album about Americas Racism

Is it Linkin Park duets or Last Poets duets

"Ghetto Techno" or "Project Roach"

"Frank Lucas" or "Farrakhan"

Luke Steele or Nneka

"I feel like a Black Republican, money I got comin' in
    Can't turn my back on the hood, I got love for them
    Can't clean my act up for good, too much thug in 'em
    Probably end up back of the hood, I'm like '? it then"

JayZ "Black Republicans"

I feel like a Black militant taking over the government
    cant turn my back on the hood too much love for them
    Cant clean my act up for good, too much thug in him
    I'll probably end back in the hood I'm like f**k it then

Nas "Black Republicans"

Just an observation.

the irony of this post is the ether it contains .........